Customising the Workflow, and visible fields in 1.8...Disabling NLA tab.

Timothy O'Connor

May 2, 2016, 12:01:20 AM5/2/16
to ReDBox
Hi there - was wondering if there is any easy way to hide fields in the Redbox data curation UI?  I did this in previous versions by modifying some of the VM files in:

portal/default/redbox/workflows/forms/sections

But wanted to check if there is a better more sustainable way of doing things.  As I recall there were changes needed to some javascript as well.

Also if I dont want the NLA tab to appear in the people search window, is that possible to do?

Basically I am trying to avoid a hack job.

Timothy O'Connor

May 2, 2016, 12:23:31 AM5/2/16
to ReDBox
In addition, if I was to undertake this level of customisation, would this make upgrades more difficult?  What would be great is a layer of abstraction so that all I need to do is provide a config file with the list of fields to be shown on each tab.