Re: [ReDBox] Publishing party records in Mint via OAI-PMH

Grant Jackson

Dec 14, 2012, 3:35:44 AM12/14/12
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis,

I notice:

 a) Your published collection record is visible in the OAI RIFCS feed at http://115.146.85.193/redbox/published/feed/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=rif

 b) Your published party-person record (with key http://115.146.85.193/mint/published/detail/a17784182ccc2459492950e2f28f7d77) is visible in the OAI RIFCS feed at http://115.146.85.193/mint/published/feed/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=rif

So it appears your party-person record is already successfully published... but I presume it bypassed NLA integration steps.

The Mint URL you have used in item 8 for Mint OAI contains "eac-cpf" which the is the metadata format used for feeds into the NLA Trove Party interface. Were you expecting this party record to obtain an NLA ID via that interface? If not I believe your collection, party-person & 3 related party-groups are all curated/published ok.

Cheers, Grant

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Luis Martinez <l.marti...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to publish a party record in Mint via its OAI-PMH point but having problems. See the steps I am following below:

  1. import data into Mint (people, activities, etc)
  2. manually create a collection record in Redbox and link it to a party in Mint
  3. move the collection record in RedBox through the workflow until is published
  4. I can see that the collection records gets permanent id http://115.146.85.193/redbox/default/detail/a2b8fa6aab7d0ebe922f1abfdb2b69a8/
  5. I can see that the party record goes through the process of curation getting a permanent id and a relation to the collection record http://115.146.85.193/mint/default/detail/a17784182ccc2459492950e2f28f7d77/
  6. I can see that the collection record has a relation to the party in Mint
  7. the collection record is available in the redbox oai: http://115.146.85.193/redbox/published/feed/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&set=published
  8. the party record is not available through the mint oai: http://115.146.85.193/mint/published/feed/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=eac-cpf&set=Parties_People
What I am doing wrong or what step am I missing?

Thanks

Luis Martinez-Uribe
ANDS Research Data Analyst

-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en

Luis Martinez

Dec 16, 2012, 5:02:15 PM12/16/12
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Grant.

I can now see the party record in the OAI feed in eac at: http://115.146.85.193/mint/published/feed/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=eac-cpf  strangely enough I cannot seem to find it when restricting it to the parties_people set : http://115.146.85.193/mint/published/feed/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=eac-cpf&set=Parties_People

With regards to your questions:

So it appears your party-person record is already successfully published... but I presume it bypassed NLA integration steps.
The Mint URL you have used in item 8 for Mint OAI contains "eac-cpf" which the is the metadata format used for feeds into the NLA Trove Party interface. Were you expecting this party record to obtain an NLA ID via that interface? If not I believe your collection, party-person & 3 related party-groups are all curated/published ok.

All my steps are before integration for NLA. I just want to be able to publish a party record through the OAI interface so that NLA can harvest it and we can test all the NLA environment. So I guess I can now provide the URL above to NLA for testing purposes.

Cheers

Luis

Duncan Dickinson

Dec 16, 2012, 5:18:20 PM12/16/12
to ReDBox User List
Hi Luis,

I have to admit that I've never used the Sets aspect of OAI in Mint/ReDBox. In a nutshell, these are search facets available within the View. I've tended not to use OAI Sets as ReDBox/Mint views provide similar functionality without requiring the client to use a set.

That being said, the system does say that the Sets are available so should provide them. I've logged the issue at https://github.com/redbox-mint/mint/issues/9

Cheers,

Duncan

--
Cheers,

Duncan

Duncan Dickinson
QCIF Project Manager
Central Queensland University

Contact me:
monday to thursday
ph: 07 3138 2084
m: 0432 402 511
skype: de.dickinson

website | calendar | LinkedIn

Luis Martinez

Dec 16, 2012, 9:51:36 PM12/16/12
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Duncan, hopefully the feed that works will be enough for NLA. I will let you know in case this is of interest to others.

Luis