Any new documention for 1.8? new-alerts -> test-alerts/dataplan1

Timothy O'Connor

Apr 14, 2016, 3:13:10 AM4/14/16
to ReDBox
I am installing 1.8 of redbox - can anyone point me to some documentation?  :)

http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au/documentation is not helpful really, as it has some very high level information - there little information around setting up the new alerts system. (and coming from 1.6, I already notice that new-alerts is now looking for files in 'test-alerts/dataplan1' for some reason)

I am seeing new config files like:
homeInstNotifier.properties
applicationContext-externalCuration.xml
applicationContext-hibernateAccessControl.xml
applicationContext-hibernateAuth.xml
applicationContext-relationalStore.xml
applicationContext-security.xml
applicationContext-SI_HomeInstNotifier.xml

But no description of these anywhere.  I can see that there have been many changes, but no way know how to use them.

Andrew Brazzatti

Apr 15, 2016, 2:10:01 AM4/15/16
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, ReDBox Developer List
Hi Timothy,

Those new configuration files you've pointed out there are Spring framework application context files, the Spring framework was something we added in the latest release of ReDBox for the following reasons:
  1. A more powerful and flexible dependency injection framework which allows access to services in more places in the application
  2. to implement Spring Security to make it easier to apply security to different page views
Most of what you see in those xml files is just wiring classes together and so it's not expected that anyone would ever change them. This is why there isn't any documentation on all but one of them. However, Spring is a very popular framework for Java developers so if someone wanted to customise the application and take advantage of Spring, the decision was made to have them available in the file system rather than buried away in a jar.

The one exception is the applicationContext-security.xml file which is where you can apply security by URL to your views. Some documentation on how to do that is available here

Regarding new-alerts looking at test-alerts/dataplan1, that's just some sample configuration in the distribution. It can be changed with your existing 1.6 configuration here.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Timothy O'Connor

Apr 18, 2016, 9:53:21 PM4/18/16
to ReDBox, redbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response Andrew.

Is there any documentation on the new config options (I know most of these existed in the system-config.json file, but there are some new ones as well) in:

config-include