ReDBox v1.8 and Fedora v3.8.1 (aka VITAL connector)

Christopher McAvaney

Jul 28, 2016, 10:03:29 PM7/28/16
to ReDBox
G'day all,

Has anybody tried this combination of connectivity and versions?
I am observing some errors with this version of Fedora and wanted to know if it was know to work or not.

Regards,
Christopher

Andrew Brazzatti

Jul 29, 2016, 1:24:50 AM7/29/16
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christopher,

Fedora changed their APIs in the 3.6 version and that means that the existing libraries that are used to interact with Fedora will not work with any of the versions later than 3.6.

Last year, one of our institutions came across a bug in Fedora and we had a go at knocking up a version of the storage plugin that works with the later versions of Fedora 3. While the plugin did work, the bug was still present in the final Fedora 3.8.1 version.

A similar port would need to be done to the Vital transformer to support higher versions of Fedora.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.