Adding type parameter to rif:licence and rif:accessRights tags

瀏覽次數:24 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Matthias Liffers

未讀,
2015年4月21日 晚上10:24:232015/4/21
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

The pretty, new interface to RDA has mighty fine looking licence badges that show up when the underlying RIF-CS is set just right. That is to say, you need to have (for example) <rif:licence type=”CC-BY”> to show a CC-BY badge and <rif:accessRights type="open"> to show an Open badge.

Not to mention that you need to specify the open accessRights if you want your records to show up in a search when the user checks the “Open data only” box…

Looks like ReDBox 1.6.2 doesn’t pass these type parameters along by default, and gosh darn it I’d love to have those pretty badges on my records!

Has anyone else already worked out the most elegant way to code the type parameters into the rif.vm template? I’ve spent a bit of time beating my head against the velocity template and realised that someone else might have already solved the problem.

Regards,

Matthias Liffers
BCompSc W.Aust. MInfoStud CSturt AALIA (CP)
Coordinator, Research Services | University Library

Curtin University
Tel |
+61 8 9266 2439
Fax | +61 8 9266 4185

Email | matthias...@curtin.edu.au
Web | http://library.curtin.edu.au

Andrew Brazzatti

未讀,
2015年4月22日 凌晨2:17:532015/4/22
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthias,

Yes you're correct that the template out of the box doesn't currently pass that information to RDA. The access rights type appears to be a new attribute that was introduced in RIF-CS 1.6 and from memory the one we have currently outputs RIF-CS 1.4.

To implement both attributes "the proper way" we would need to:
  1. Add some new fields to the form that capture this metadata. For the access rights, I'd suggest that this would probably be a dropdown with values listed in the vocabulary. For the licence type, this could be a hidden value (i.e. not displayed on the form) that is associated with each licences currently listed in our vocab.
  2. Modify the RIF template to make use of these new values on the form
This may be something to look at for a future release of ReDBox. It may be even possible to do this shortly after 1.8 release is completed and made available as a simple patch to enable the functionality but that would be pending whether it was a feature the community see as important.

For 1.6.2 ReDBox, there are some "less elegant" ways that you could implement it purely by customising the RIF template.

For Licence Type:
You could take the value of dc:license.skos:prefLabel and do some string manipulation to massage it into the format needed (for CC licences only). Some very rough (completely untested) velocity code to give you an idea would be

#set ($licence = $util.get($item, "dc:license.skos:prefLabel"))
#set($licenceType = "")
#if ($licence.startsWith("CC"))
    #set($licenceType = $licence.substring(0,$licence.indexOf(":") - 1).replaceAll(" ","-"))
#end

For Access Rights:
Not a lot really but you could re-purpose another field that's not used in the RIF output. If I was to choose one it would be to reserve the first notes field. This solution though would be pretty messy!

Hope that helps!
Andrew

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Matthias Liffers

未讀,
2015年4月22日 凌晨4:01:002015/4/22
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for this Andrew, it gives me a starting point. I suppose you could actually make the Access Rights depend on the Licence… If you have selected an open licence (for example something starting with CC), set the Access Rights to open! Correct me if I’m wrong, all CC licences give permission to redistribute, which means that you can’t really apply a CC licence to closed data!

Looking forward to the user group meeting next week to learn more about 1.8, even if it means an early start for us in WA!

Matthias.

K. Trewin

未讀,
2015年4月28日 凌晨1:14:302015/4/28
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com、matthias...@curtin.edu.au
Hi Andrew,
Thank you for hosting the User Group meeting today, it was very informative.
Just picking up on the part of your reply about community interest for implementing RIF-CS1.6 in newer versions of ReDBox: for UWS this would definitely be of interest.

"This may be something to look at for a future release of ReDBox. It may be even possible to do this shortly after 1.8 release is completed and made available as a simple patch to enable the functionality but that would be pending whether it was a feature the community see as important."

Given the focus RDA is placing on 'openness' of datasets, if ReDBox does not publish this information in the RIF-CS, we will need to go in and manually update each record to reflect the rights status.
In my humble, non-technical opinion, it would be ideal if ReDBox kept pace with RIF-CS changes as they are implemented...

Kind Regards,
Katrina

Katrina Trewin
UWS Library Research Data Coordinator

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christopher McAvaney

未讀,
2015年6月24日 凌晨3:31:562015/6/24
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com、matthias...@curtin.edu.au
I agree with Katrina on this - ReDBox should be kept in line with RIF-CS versions.

Regards,
Christopher

Vladimir Bubalo

未讀,
2015年6月24日 晚上8:34:532015/6/24
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

One more vote for keeping ReDBox up to date with new versions of RIF-CS.

We have just imported dozens of records via OAI-PMH Harvester into our ReDBox (1.6.1, with RIF-CS 1.3) and have huge issues with incompatibility of RIF-CS in source records (1.4) with ReDBox supported RIF-CS 1.3.

Is there an existing fairly easy, stable solution to upgrade RIF-CS version to 1.4 in ReDBox 1.6.1?

Regards,

Vladimir

Vladimir Bubalo

Manager, Research and Scholarly Information Services

Library  |  Level 5, C3C Building
Macquarie Drive
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia

T: +61 2 9850 6579  |  F: +61 2 9850 6516

vladimi...@mq.edu.au  |  mq.edu.au

mq.edu.au/library  |  www.researchonline.mq.edu.au

Macquarie University

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University.

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

*Vladimir Bubalo*
*Research and Scholarly Information Manager*
Library Resources
Level 5, C3C Building (Library)
Macquarie Drive
Macquarie University
NSW 2109 Australia
T: +61 2 9850 6579
F: +61 2 9850 6516
mq.edu.au
www.mq.edu.au/library
http://www.researchonline.mq.edu.au

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J

*P* Please consider the environment before printing this email
This email (including all attachments) is confidential. It may be subject
to legal professional privilege and/or protected by copyright. If you
receive it in error do not use it or disclose it, notify the sender
immediately, delete it from your system and destroy any copies. The
University does not guarantee that any email or attachment is secure or
free from viruses or other defects. The University is not responsible for
emails that are personal or unrelated to the University’s functions.

Xiaobin Shen

未讀,
2015年6月24日 晚上9:08:582015/6/24
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com、Andrew Brazzatti
Hi Andrew,

We are happy to work with you and community to make sure Redbox is compatible with RIF-CS latest version. Happy to discuss further, if required.

Many thanks,
Xiaobin

Dr. Xiaobin Shen
Software Lead&Integration Support
Australian National Data Service
T: 03 9902 0567   M: 0400 337 294

Andrew Brazzatti

未讀,
2015年6月25日 晚上7:49:332015/6/25
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I posted the list of feature enhancements we currently have on our radar yesterday. Given the support this particular feature has received already, I think it's safe to say that we will be looking at this one as a priority.

Thanks,
Andrew

Vladimir Bubalo

未讀,
2015年6月25日 晚上9:23:102015/6/25
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew, and others.

Is there an existing fairly easy, stable solution to upgrade RIF-CS version to 1.4 in ReDBox 1.6.1?

Cheers,

Grant Jackson

未讀,
2015年6月25日 晚上10:00:312015/6/25
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vladimir,

If you are able to program using the Velocity Template Language (https://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.6/user-guide.html) you can customise the ReDBox home/templates/rif.vm to implement *some* of the newer RIFCS features. Not all updates can be implemented in this way. There is a modification I made a month ago (for ReDBox 1.6.1) at https://github.com/redbox-mint/redbox/issues/48 which you could use as an example. To get the new velocity template to be applied to an existing ReDBox record you would need to re-save the record.

Hope this helps.
Cheers, Grant

Vladimir Bubalo

未讀,
2015年6月26日 凌晨12:01:162015/6/26
收件者:redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Grant,

Thanks, will have a look at the template.

Seems as this will now become one of the priorities for QCIF, so it should save people a lot of individual effort and make it consistent for all ReDBox users.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息