Re: [ReDBox] migration from 1.5 to 1.6

Dave Huthnance

May 20, 2013, 10:24:33 PM5/20/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Others may do it differently but this is how I do it.

I always do a fresh install of the new version and migrate the data using the restore tool tf_restore.sh

See: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au/documentation/system-administration/general-administration/system-restore-or-migration

Make sure you copy the solr eventlog index in Redbox at /solr/indexes/eventLog/index This is used for the dashboard graphing etc in 1.6.

I do the new install in a new directory and don'tr overwrite the old files. eg. I create a new directories mint-1.6 and redbox-1.6 then after install do a soft link to create shortcut directories redbox and mint. Then multiple versions can coexist in the one directory. To go back you then just need to recreate the soft link to the old version. Note when I do this I need to change the system config.json back to: export PROJECT_HOME="/opt/tf2/mint" from mint-1.6

Regards,

Dave

Regards,

Dave

Dave Huthnance
eResearch Consultant,
Academic & Research Computing Support
Client Services - IT Services
The University of Newcastle
University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308 AUSTRALIA

T: +61 2 4921 5469
F: +61 2 4921 7087
dave.hu...@newcastle.edu.au

www.newcastle.edu.au
CRICOS Provider Number: 00109J

>>> Cyrus Keong <cyrus...@gmail.com> 21/05/2013 11:50 am >>>
Hi

Is there any patch I can apply to do the migration from 1.5 to 1.6..
or what is the steps to do the migration ?

regards

Cyrus keong
VeRSI

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Andrew Brazzatti

May 20, 2013, 11:55:16 PM5/20/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave.

There isn't anything special required to migrate to 1.6 from a data perspective which is what the restore script will help with (though there's never any harm in running it). There are some configuration items that you will need to add depending on whether you are after the new features included in this release (such as reporting).

We still need to write some documentation on how to do this (as well as the features for  the upcoming 1.6.1 release) however if you have a look at the diff of the system-config.json file and dataset.json file. You can see the changes that are required to get reports and embargoes functional

Thanks,
Andrew