Mint 1.8 install

Dave Huthnance

Aug 30, 2016, 7:00:43 PM8/30/16
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

 After a number of years away from it, I am now back working on the 1.8 upgrade. I have done a clean install of 1.8 mint from the distro tar and modified files where applicable. In config-include I have only the modified files curation.json, identity.json, portal.json and transformer.json. I expected these to overlay the shipped and unmodified system-config.json in mint/home but on startup my config in config-include appears to be totally ignored and I am getting the config from the default system-config.json. main.log is relatively clean but I get a 'local' transformer warmed rather than the configured 'handle'. I assume I have misunderstood how the new config works. Could you please enlighten me? Thanks.

Regards, Dave

UWS_Amar

Aug 30, 2016, 7:15:18 PM8/30/16
to ReDBox
Hi Dave,

I'm guessing, for Mint1.8 'system-config.json' overrides other config-include files.
It's only with redbox where 'config-include/...' files come into play.

Regards,
Amar

Matthew Mulholland

Aug 30, 2016, 7:52:15 PM8/30/16
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,
There is overriding going on, but what should be happening is:
- system-config.json gets picked up
- Then in numbered order (so 1-..., 2-...) the folders under config-include get merged over the top
- Within each of these folders, merging should be happening in alphabetical order.
Without more detail, it's difficult to guess what might be going on, but
I'll catch up with you today Dave, and we can start to run through together how to get this running.
Kind regards
Matt Mulholland
Redbox Support

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.