Re: Closing DB?

Message has been deleted

gabor

Aug 3, 2012, 2:37:20 PM8/3/12
to redbe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Interesting problem.
As long as your views are being written in PHP there is no way to protect your code base.
Even if you could unset the R class there are a great number of ways to do evil (mysql-functions, file_get_contents-over-
network, streams, sockets and more).

Luckily one of my other projects provides a bullet-proof solution for this: Stamp Template Engine (http://www.stampte.com).
Stamp TE also offers toll-free template upgrades. However it's quite different from traditional template engines.

Another way would be to add a sandbox to your PHP environment, there are several sandboxes out there: SpiderMonkey (Javascript), Lua etc.

Cheers,
Gabor

Jake Chapa

Aug 3, 2012, 5:47:41 PM8/3/12
to redbe...@googlegroups.com
wishlist:

R::index('person', 'socialsecuritynum', 'UNIQUE');
R::index('person', 'name', 'INDEX');
R::index('person', 'bio', 'FULLTEXT');

Keith Youngblood

Aug 8, 2012, 7:00:59 PM8/8/12
to redbe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your wishlist SnakeO but I don't think this was the best place for it. Perhaps you can start a new post topic? It was a bit off-topic, just sayin'...

Gabor, I appreciate your response regarding this issue. I am just learning all of this stuff and gifting my code to a non-profit group that I am working with. I was planning on using the StampTE for our view templates. It seems very natural and simple (which I very much like).

The issue I mentioned above was really more of a "nice to have" feature. I just don't want graphics guys messing up the DB. ;-) Ya know.

I am concentrating most of my efforts into the model portion of the codebase. The model will be using RedBeanPHP as the "backend ORM" and major part of the model's database access. I plan to add data abstractions through data mappers and domain models witch will all be a hybrid arrangement. It is all so very complex... UGH :-)

Keith

gabor

Aug 9, 2012, 2:42:23 PM8/9/12
to redbe...@googlegroups.com

Well a little complexity can be challenging ;)
Why would you use data mappers? Do you have to work on a legacy database?