New position exceeds limit error

bgoetzmann

Dec 13, 2009, 3:33:50 PM12/13/09
to red5
Hello,

Using Red5 0.9RC2, I just try to read a FLV that a friend gives me
with oflaDemo. The file can't be streamed and I get the exception
bellow.
The same file works well with several players like VLC for example
opening the file directly.
The file size is 243 Mo.

[INFO] [NioProcessor-1] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPHandler -
Connecting to: [W
ebScope@1f49969 Depth = 1, Path = '/default', Name = 'oflaDemo']
[INFO] [NioProcessor-1] org.red5.server.net.rtmp.RTMPHandler -
Remembering client buffer on stream: 5000
[ERROR] [NioProcessor-1] org.red5.io.flv.impl.FLVReader - New position
exceeds limit
[ERROR] [NioProcessor-1]
org.red5.server.messaging.InMemoryPullPullPipe - exception when
pulling message from provider
java.lang.RuntimeException: New position exceeds limit
at org.red5.io.flv.impl.FLVReader.analyzeKeyFrames
(FLVReader.java:707) [
red5.jar:na]
at org.red5.io.flv.impl.FLVReader.postInitialize
(FLVReader.java:348) [re
d5.jar:na]
at org.red5.io.flv.impl.FLVReader.<init>(FLVReader.java:158)
[red5.jar:n
a]
at org.red5.io.flv.impl.FLV.getReader(FLV.java:201)
[red5.jar:na]
at org.red5.server.stream.provider.FileProvider.init
(FileProvider.java:2
32) [red5.jar:na]

Any idea about this problem?

Thank you.

Bertrand.

Mondain

Dec 13, 2009, 6:44:04 PM12/13/09
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
A position in the file / flv has been requested that would exceed the maximum position available in the file data. Ex. File is 3000 bytes long and 3001 has been requested.

Paul

Eman Nollase

Dec 13, 2009, 8:07:53 PM12/13/09
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
is it possible to use vlc as stream client for red5?

Mondain

Dec 14, 2009, 2:10:43 AM12/14/09
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Yes, vlc should work and please in the future do not hijack other peoples threads.

Paul

bgoetzmann

Dec 14, 2009, 7:36:46 AM12/14/09
to red5
Hello,

And thank you for your response!

Is it a known problem? Should I submit an issue somewhere?

Cheers,

Bertrand.

On 14 déc, 00:44, Mondain <mond...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A position in the file / flv has been requested that would exceed the
> maximum position available in the file data. Ex. File is 3000 bytes long and
> 3001 has been requested.
>
> Paul
>
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:33 PM, bgoetzmann

bgoetzmann

Dec 15, 2009, 4:02:46 PM12/15/09
to red5
It corresponds to the bug referenced here, I think: "New position
exceeds limit (FLVReader)" (http://trac.red5.org/ticket/621).

What worries me, is that this bug was opened 8 months ago.

I can supply my big file if it cans help.

Cheers,

Bertrand.
> > --http://gregoire.org/http://code.google.com/p/red5/http://code.google....

bgoetzmann

Dec 19, 2009, 3:38:17 PM12/19/09
to red5
Hello,

Always about the exception I get for a large flv file! As suggested in
the ticket 621 (http://trac.red5.org/ticket/621), I make a try with
Red 0.7 final, but I get the same error.
I also tried the Flazr server, and the file is almost well played,
using the web player JW Player.

Is a bug from the FLVReader?

Please I need help!!

Thank you,

Bertrand.

bgoetzmann

Dec 21, 2009, 7:22:17 AM12/21/09
to red5
Finally,

I tried to inject metadata in my large file, using flvmdi (http://
www.buraks.com/flvmdi/), and now, it works almost well with Red5
0.9RC2!!

It seems the tool used to convert to FLV convert doesn't add, or
incorrect add, the metadata needed for streaming.

I do some tests with Flowplayer; the only strange thing I see, is that
when I move the cursor to go toward a certain position in the video,
sometimes the image freezes but the sound continues.

I'm glad to progress...

Any comment?

Bertrand.