updated docs for Ubuntu install and FMLE?

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 20, 2015, 12:40:36 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I experimented with Red5 a few years ago and wanted to give it a try once more.

Are there any updated docs, more specifically in doing live streaming with FMLE?

I'm running Ubuntu 14.10 and tried installing red5-server, but get this error:

~$ sudo apt-get install red5-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 red5-server : Depends: libtomcat6-java (>= 6.0.20-7) but it is not going to be installed

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Ricardo

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 1:02:19 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Download tar from here and give it a go: https://github.com/Red5/red5-server

--

---

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 20, 2015, 1:59:44 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

Where can I find docs? I don't remember how to use it or install it from scratch. I've untarred the release, not sure where to put stuff and also what to do for a start script.

regards
Ricardo

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 2:21:41 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

I think you can use red5-debug.sh or red5.sh to start red5 on linux.

If all is well then follow this
http://flashvisions.com/live-streaming-with-flash-media-encoder-red5/

Chris Allen

Mar 20, 2015, 3:19:46 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Also, the Pro version documentation is quite useful for getting up and running with the server. It’s basically all the same as the open source. When ever it mentions downloading Red5 Pro, just replace with the Open Source version and as long as you aren't using the mobile SDKs, everything will be the same.

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 20, 2015, 7:36:57 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so is there another list that I can turn to that would help me debug red5 issues?

I'm not able to get it to work, I don't see anything jump out from the log simply because I'm not familiar with it, I'm getting an invalid scope error apparently (snippet below)

2015-03-20 16:29:22,462 [Launcher:/vod] INFO  org.red5.server.scope.WebScope - Set server [Server@37b9c671map[[empty]]]
2015-03-20 16:29:22,475 [Launcher:/installer] INFO  org.red5.server.Server - Add mapping global: default host: localhost:5080 context: installer
2015-03-20 16:29:22,476 [Launcher:/] WARN  org.red5.server.scope.Scope - Invalid scope rejected: Scope [name=null, path=/default, type=APPLICATION, autoStart=true, creationTime=1426894162438, depth=1, enabled=true, running=false]
2015-03-20 16:29:22,481 [Launcher:/] WARN  org.red5.server.scope.Scope - Scope not added to parent
2015-03-20 16:29:22,481 [Launcher:/] INFO  org.red5.server.scope.WebScope - Webscope already registered
2015-03-20 16:29:22,482 [Launcher:/vod] INFO  org.red5.server.Server - Add mapping global: default host:  context: vod
2015-03-20 16:29:22,488 [Launcher:/chat] WARN  o.s.w.c.s.XmlWebApplicationContext - Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'web.scope' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.red5.server.scope.Scope$ConcurrentScopeSet.keySet()Ljava/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap$KeySetView;

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 7:43:01 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Ha... ok it have to admit,  I am a windows guy and I setup a new ubuntu box just to days back and this is the exact issue I am having as well. I though it was some configuration issue I did and wouldn't happen to others. So I ignored my issue for the time being. And I am sure this is not all there is more to the log. It points to a particular jar. It would be helpful if you post the complete error log and perhaps someone can help here. Typically as I remember it was a class not found exception. Also I am sure this is red5 1.0.5, this issue was not there in prior version perhaps.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 20, 2015, 7:49:08 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Is this the appropriate list to post the log? I'm attaching the log

thanks for your help
Ricardo
red5.log

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 7:55:11 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Here is the relevant info from the log. Hope some one can point out the way to fix it.

2015-03-20 16:41:24,509 [Launcher:/installer] WARN  o.s.w.c.s.XmlWebApplicationContext - Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'web.scope' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/red5-web.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.red5.server.scope.Scope$ConcurrentScopeSet.keySet()Ljava/util/concurrent/ConcurrentHashMap$KeySetView;
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1554) ~[spring-beans-4.0.8.RELEASE.jar:4.0.8.RELEASE]

Mondain

Mar 20, 2015, 8:07:20 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Already solved, update to jdk8 with the jar that you've got or get the jdk7 version:
https://github.com/Red5/red5-server/wiki/Runtime-Errors#invocation-failed

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 8:09:33 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hmm I did install OpenjDK 7 I remember is that the wrong one?

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 8:10:18 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Oh and I did try the deb file and got a error which I mail you. Hope you got it. And thanks :)

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 8:24:59 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I think that's the issue. Ubuntu defaults to installing OpenjDK 7. I guess we must alternately try oracle jdk 8 or so.

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 20, 2015, 8:49:17 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys, you've been very helpful!

So now I no longer get an exception when running red5.sh, I removed the openjdk-7 and installed openjdk-8

My next step now is trying to get FMLE working. Do I need a special application on the Red5 end to make that work? Is there support for the latest FMLE?

regards
Ricardo

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 8:52:38 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Just follow the link given earlier. Instead of OflaDemo use live. That's all!!

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 20, 2015, 8:57:51 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
But are the apps already available or do I need to go to the

Install a ready-made application

When I try to go to install I get a NetConnection.Connect.Closed error. Nothing is showing up in the log when I go to /installer

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 20, 2015, 9:07:55 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
usually its in there. look inside webapps folder. try fmle directly no need to use installer.

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 20, 2015, 9:49:43 PM3/20/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
awesome, I have FMLE going to the "live" app, and I'm able to access the publisher demo to view that.

thanks so much!

Ricardo

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 21, 2015, 12:28:51 AM3/21/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
So the publisher demo is working well.

I'm trying to figure out the code in the html that allows me to directly load and play the content.

In the publisher demo, I'll type in the "live" app and then the stream name ("livestream"). That works fine.

How would I have an html that automatically loads that?

thanks
Ricardo

mrchri...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2015, 9:15:32 AM3/21/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
You will need to either build that piece in Flash and embed it, or get a remade player (also in Flash) to load and configure into your HTML. I looked real quickly and saw this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15967523/how-can-i-play-a-rtmp-video-through-netconnection-and-netstream. Perhaps the answers there will help with writing the AS3 piece.

Sent from my iPad

Ricardo Kleemann

Mar 21, 2015, 12:34:18 PM3/21/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
thank you.

I'm just trying to leverage something like the existing publisher.html, where via the controls I can playback the stream.

But rather than having to type in the server location and stream name, and use the controls to play the stream, I wanted to have it done automatically, providing the rtmp server location and stream name to autoplay.

In other words, what would I need to change in the publisher.html to autoplay the stream rather than using the controls?

Rajdeep Rath

Mar 21, 2015, 12:38:09 PM3/21/15
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

Google for strobemediaplayback on the web.

You can also try http://rtmpworld.com/products/reddpanel  for a lot of ready to use stuff.

Regards
Rajdeep Rath