Problems building Red5 on Mac OS

8vius

Aug 30, 2011, 12:13:14 PM8/30/11
to red5
I've been having issues with setting up the Red5 server on my Mac
running Mac OS Snow Leopard.

I have ant installed, java set properly to my path, I have downloaded
the eclipse plugins and the Red5 source. But when I go to build I get
a lot of errors, mostly dependency errors from libs not being in the
classpath, has anyone else encountered this problem?

Also, it is really necessary that I build my own distribution of Red5?
Or can I just use the server you download and start and just build my
app over it?

I can build with the build.xml and it will build but when I try to run
it I get this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation
problems:
The import org.slf4j.Logger cannot be resolved
The import org.slf4j.bridge cannot be resolved
The import org.springframework cannot be resolved
SLF4JBridgeHandler cannot be resolved
Logger cannot be resolved to a type
The method getLogger(Class<?>) from the type Red5LoggerFactory
refers to the missing type Logger
FileSystemXmlApplicationContext cannot be resolved to a type
FileSystemXmlApplicationContext cannot be resolved to a type

at org.red5.server.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:24)
Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
27)
at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.bootStrap(Bootstrap.java:116)
at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:49)

Telle

Sep 1, 2011, 10:41:32 AM9/1/11
to red5
Hello,

I have Mac with Mac OS Snow Leopard.

I build red5 successfully on this system. http://trac.red5.org/wiki/Install

But it is not really necessary, you can download some kind of built
red5 server dmg. I used red5 v0.9.1 final successfully on my Mac, but
I cannot start red5 v1.0RC1. I download it from http://www.red5.org/red5-server/

Maria