red5 service shutdown fail

Charlie Bunt

Jan 23, 2014, 9:25:37 PM1/23/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I reinstalled red5 on my linux Centos.6.4 VPS by uninstalling Oracle JDK and simply removing red5 folder.
Then I reinstalled oracle JDK rpm package for my 32 bit system and downloaded latest release Red5 1 RC2

The problem I am having on service red5 restart or service red5 stop it is FAILED so it seems to be stuck on start
because with that command it is always OK.

Yesterday I command service httpd restart and service mysqld restart and that momentarily fixed it, only to find it again today failing.
I then rebooted and recycled my VPS but still no luck.

Mark Moss

Jan 23, 2014, 10:58:09 PM1/23/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at the log file to see the exact error that you are facing during shutdown.

-------------------------------
- Mark

Charlie Bunt

Jan 24, 2014, 12:03:26 AM1/24/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mark, I can only see one log in the logs folder (red5/logs) named red5.log, the other two are blank when they are opened and I cannot make sense of the red5.log
but the very bottom has the following:

2014-01-24 15:59:40,759 [main] INFO  o.s.j.e.a.AnnotationMBeanExporter - Bean with name 'schedulingService' has been autodetected for JMX exposure
2014-01-24 15:59:40,797 [main] INFO  o.s.j.e.a.AnnotationMBeanExporter - Bean with name 'clientBroadcastStream' has been autodetected for JMX exposure

Mark Moss

Jan 24, 2014, 12:06:50 AM1/24/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
See the catalina log (thrown by Java Tomcat).

--------------------------------
- Mark
Instant Red5 Hosting ==> http://www.gigapros.com/portal/red5-hosting

Charlie Bunt

Jan 24, 2014, 12:12:46 AM1/24/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Think I found it but not sure what it means or what to do. It is as if have wrong jar files.

[main] WARN  org.red5.server.ContextLoader - Exception looking for loader
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException: Error creating bean with name 'context.loader': Singleton bean creation not allowed while the singletons of this factory are in destruction (Do not request a bean from a BeanFactory in a destroy method implementation!)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:212) [spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291) ~[spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:193) ~[spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:284) ~[spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:197) ~[spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeansOfType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:400) ~[spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeansOfType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:390) ~[spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBeansOfType(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1158) [spring-context-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactoryUtils.beansOfTypeIncludingAncestors(BeanFactoryUtils.java:226) ~[spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanFactoryUtils.beanOfTypeIncludingAncestors(BeanFactoryUtils.java:318) ~[spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.red5.server.ContextLoader.shutdown(ContextLoader.java:293) [red5.jar:na]
        at org.red5.server.ContextLoader.destroy(ContextLoader.java:120) [red5.jar:na]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DisposableBeanAdapter.destroy(DisposableBeanAdapter.java:211) [spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.destroyBean(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:498) [spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.destroySingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:474) [spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.destroySingletons(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:442) [spring-beans-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.destroyBeans(AbstractApplicationContext.java:1066) [spring-context-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:472) [spring-context-3.1.1.RELEASE.jar:3.1.1.RELEASE]
        at org.red5.server.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:63) [red5.jar:na]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.bootStrap(Bootstrap.java:117) [boot.jar:na]
        at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:48) [boot.jar:na]
~

Charlie Bunt

Jan 24, 2014, 12:36:31 AM1/24/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Mark,

I can't find this catalina log on my linux system sorry.

Charlie Bunt

Jan 24, 2014, 12:37:50 AM1/24/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

I read somewhere you must do some configuring of alternatives folder?

Charlie Bunt

Jan 26, 2014, 12:59:46 AM1/26/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
WHERE IS THE CATALINA LOG EXACTLY? and frankly I am amazed I am still stuck on this red5 not shutting down error. That no-1 else in entire community has had same
problem as I am having. Makes me hate red5.

pejot

Jan 26, 2014, 9:38:23 AM1/26/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

seems like you are posting problems on the wrong group - this is not a learn java group nor a tomcat group, as it seems red5 is not the problem here.

Start red5 in debug mode (or with the debug options, it's all in the java switches in the standard red5-debug files) and pipe the output into a file if you are unsure to the logback configuration details ( java.... >> /tmp/some_file.log) and then you'll have something to post.

Cheers,
Piotr

Mondain

Jan 26, 2014, 12:44:46 PM1/26/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
The embedded tomcat in Red5 does not output a catalina.log; anything and everything from the tomcat process should be in red5/log/red5.log. You may need to enable output for catalina or jasper before you see anything above INFO level. Add these entries to your red5/conf/logback.xml and restart:

  <logger name="org.red5.server.tomcat">
    <level value="DEBUG"/>
  </logger>
  <logger name="org.apache.catalina">
    <level value="TRACE"/>
  </logger>
  <logger name="org.apache.jasper">
    <level value="TRACE"/>
  </logger>

Also if you want more detail on the logging system read this: https://code.google.com/p/red5/wiki/Logger

Lastly, be aware and mindful that a server not shutting down is not necessarily the fault of the server itself; I single errant thread or lock could be the reason for this issue you're having.

As for hating Red5, I wouldn't suggest hating anything that's free.

Mondain

Jan 26, 2014, 12:47:13 PM1/26/14
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Looking over your log output makes me think that your page / app / service tried to do "something" when the server was in the middle of a shutdown; you definitely need to locate what that is.