problem while starting up the red5 0.9.0 server

cem sonmez

Feb 5, 2010, 7:19:02 AM2/5/10
to red5interest
hi all
i was able to start the red5 0.9.RC1 with no errors.
But when i try to start the red5 server, i m getting an exception like :

Failed to instantiate [ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext]
Reported exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.red5.logging.LoggingContextSelector.<init>(ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext)

And another exception is about my existing project while i could run this app. with any erros.

Exception in thread "Launcher:/Red5Spring" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to load webapplication context class.
    at org.red5.server.tomcat.TomcatLoader$1.run(TomcatLoader.java:579)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext cannot be cast to org.springframework.web.context.ConfigurableWebApplicationContext
    at org.red5.server.tomcat.TomcatLoader$1.run(TomcatLoader.java:577)

Does anyone have an idea, why i am getting these errors and can help me about this issue please.
Kind regards.

--
Cem SONMEZ

Carlos Lozano @ CAX

Feb 6, 2010, 12:04:54 PM2/6/10
to red5
Hi Cem,

I had a similar problem last week after updating my RC2 trunk version
to RC3 build 3967. Red5 was showing an exception at app start when
compiling using "ant dist" even though compiling showed no errors. My
workaround was compiling inside eclipse, then I was able to start it.
I didn't have time to dig in to cause.
While this is not a solution, it might help.

Carlos

On Feb 5, 6:19 am, cem sonmez <cemoson...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all
> i was able to start the red5 0.9.RC1 with no errors.
> But when i try to start the red5 server, i m getting an exception like :
>
> Failed to instantiate [ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext]
> Reported exception:
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:

> org.red5.logging.LoggingContextSelector.<init>(ch.qos.logback.classic.Logge­rContext)

Carlos Lozano @ CAX

Feb 6, 2010, 12:27:02 PM2/6/10
to red5
More info. I just updated my trunk version to build 4037.
This time it fails to compile with ant. It gives an error
RTMPhandShake.java: 181 Symbol can not be found and 4 other similar
errors at different lines (symbol not found). If I compile within
eclipse it compiles with no errors and is able to run.
Tried again cleaning ant and rebuilding with ant with same results.
Then tried recompiling within eclipse and it was able to build.

Carlos

On Feb 6, 11:04 am, "Carlos Lozano @ CAX" <carl...@caxonline.net>
wrote:

> > Cem SONMEZ- Hide quoted text -

cem sonmez

Feb 6, 2010, 1:48:54 PM2/6/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I tried to use the binary dist.
When i got the corresponding error, i had to go on using  RC1.
So i will try to build the revision that you wrote and post back the results here.
Thanks for your help Carlos

Regards

2010/2/6 Carlos Lozano @ CAX <car...@caxonline.net>

--
Cem SONMEZ

Reuben.Yang

Dec 7, 2010, 8:53:39 PM12/7/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

Hi Cem,

How about your progress on this problem resolving? I am also blocked by
this issue. The issue happened in Red5 0.9.1 and the latest trunk, but
worked on 0.7.0. I've spent around 2 days on the troubleshooting, but not
resolved. Expect to hear voice from you.

Failed to instantiate [ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext]
Reported exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.red5.logging.LoggingContextSelector.<init>(ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1657)
at
ch.qos.logback.classic.util.ContextSelectorStaticBinder.dynamicalContextSelector(ContextSelectorStaticBinder.java:98)
at
ch.qos.logback.classic.util.ContextSelectorStaticBinder.init(ContextSelectorStaticBinder.java:72)
at
org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.init(StaticLoggerBinder.java:90)
at
org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.<clinit>(StaticLoggerBinder.java:55)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.bind(LoggerFactory.java:121)
at
org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.performInitialization(LoggerFactory.java:111)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:268)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:241)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:254)

-- Reuben

Hugo Flambó

Dec 8, 2010, 3:28:11 AM12/8/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
For what I see it must be an incorrect version of logback on your red5 server...
Checjk logback api documentation for the right version to use:
http://logback.qos.ch/apidocs/ch/qos/logback/classic/LoggerContext.html#LoggerContext()

Probably what's wrong is a misconfiguration on IVY logback dependency
so a wrong version is retrieved...

Hope that it helps somehow,

Regards

Reuben.Yang

Dec 10, 2010, 10:22:32 PM12/10/10
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Hugo for the reply. I've swithed 0.9.18 and 0.9.24 versions, but
failed. The current problem is that: the Red5 contains another webapp A.
Both Red5 and A have its own logback jar as:
[Red5_Home]\lib\logback-{classic|core}-0.9.18.jar and
[Red5_Home]\webapps\[A]\WEB-INF\lib\logback-{classic|core}-0.9.18.jar .
1) The Red5 server can be started successfully without any exception if not
integrate the webapp A.
2) If A is in Red5 and remove the logback jar from [Red5_Home]\lib, Red5
cannot be started.
3) If A is in Red5 and remove the logback jar from
[Red5_Home]\webapps\[A]\WEB-INF\lib, Red5 can be started successfully, but
the log in A doesn't work.

The code caused exception in A is as below:
import org.slf4j.Logger;
import org.slf4j.LoggerFactory;
import org.springframework.beans.BeansException;
import org.springframework.context.ApplicationContext;
import org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextAware;

public class ApplicationContextHelper implements ApplicationContextAware {
static Logger logger =
LoggerFactory.getLogger(ApplicationContextHelper.class);

The detailed exception is:

Failed to instantiate [ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext]
Reported exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.red5.logging.LoggingContextSelector.<init>(ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1657)
at

org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.dynamicalContextSelector(StaticLoggerBinder.java:137)
at
org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.init(StaticLoggerBinder.java:105)
at
org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.<clinit>(StaticLoggerBinder.java:60)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getSingleton(LoggerFactory.java:230)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.bind(LoggerFactory.java:121)
at
org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.performInitialization(LoggerFactory.java:112)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getILoggerFactory(LoggerFactory.java:275)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:248)
at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:261)
at
test.utils.ApplicationContextHelper.<clinit>(ApplicationContextHelper.java:11)
Method)
at
at
at
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:126)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:72)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:938)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:890)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:479)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:450)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:290)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:287)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:189)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:557)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:842)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:416)
at org.red5.server.tomcat.TomcatLoader$1.run(TomcatLoader.java:594)
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/D:/Red5/java/server/0_9_1/dist/lib/logback-classic-0.9.18.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/D:/Red5/java/server/0_9_1/dist/webapps/A/WEB-INF/lib/logback-classic-0.9.18.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
explanation.