Installing Red5

jose antoniel de lima Lima

Feb 10, 2013, 12:13:34 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon, everyone!

I have a laptop with windows 7 and Java 7, I tried to install red5 however unsuccessfully.

I did this at a time I am very confused on how to install red5, would like your help to install red5.

Which version should I download?

the problem is with my version of java or windows?

host on which options you use?

stephen aidoo

Feb 10, 2013, 12:35:04 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

red5 support java 1.6 . you can use this site red5guide.com for installin. make sure u follow all tutorials

--

---

jose antoniel de lima Lima

Feb 10, 2013, 12:48:04 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
so my problem must be java 7 then?

2013/2/10 stephen aidoo <kasq...@gmail.com>

--
Atenciosamente,
José Antoniel de Lima

jose antoniel de lima Lima

Feb 10, 2013, 12:58:07 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I am getting this error after installing the Java 6!

dawnload did this setup red5 setup-Red5-1.0.0.

Starting Red5
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/red5/ser
er/Bootstrap : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:1
1)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
Could not find the main class: org.red5.server.Bootstrap.  Program will exit.

stephen aidoo

Feb 10, 2013, 1:28:17 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

yeah . red5 support java 1.6

Mondain

Feb 10, 2013, 1:37:19 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
The version of Java (JDK/JRE) that you are using is older than the version used to compile the server that you're trying to run. Update your Java to the latest (7u13) from here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

jose antoniel de lima Lima

Feb 10, 2013, 2:24:51 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
I dawnload this file setup-Red5-1.0.0-java6.exe and installed, now trying to install the samples get this message "Application oflaDemo was not installed".

is attached screens.

how can install the demos?

2013/2/10 Mondain <mon...@gmail.com>
PRINT1.PNG
PRINT2.PNG

stephen aidoo

Feb 10, 2013, 2:51:07 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

because u downloaded the java 7 version of red5. i havnt used dat bfore so u may try download the java 6 red5 version frm the site

jose antoniel de lima Lima

Feb 10, 2013, 5:46:34 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
that's exactly what I did, now I need to install the examples of red5 that the error during installation, do not know what can be, I would see these apps running.

can someone help me install red5 demos?

stephen aidoo

Feb 10, 2013, 5:53:21 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

did u watch the red5guide.com tutorial on installin the demo. ther is a trick der. pls watch it.

jose antoniel de lima Lima

Feb 10, 2013, 6:34:31 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
is not it, I know how to install, but does not install my flash crashes internet connection or with the localhost, I think it should be the problem has some way to do it another way?

stephen aidoo

Feb 10, 2013, 6:38:31 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

what error are u gettin now

jose antoniel de lima Lima

Feb 10, 2013, 6:41:17 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
is attached

2013/2/10 stephen aidoo <kasq...@gmail.com>
PRINT1.PNG

stephen aidoo

Feb 10, 2013, 6:54:09 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
what operating system are you using. cos i was using windows 8. and i got the same message. i had to install the whole thing again on windows 7 after the demo worked. but if it not the operating system. you can also go to where the install folder is and install it from there. that was what i saw from that red5guide.com. if both doesnt work then we will check out other steps. :)

jose antoniel de lima Lima

Feb 10, 2013, 6:56:58 PM2/10/13
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
found the problem really is that internet access emeti error.

'm downloading this address and I'll manually install the server, I install the webapps folder?