Red5 Set up in Eclipse

Shirali Chokshi

Feb 17, 2011, 7:13:40 PM2/17/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I want to install Red5 in eclipse. I have installed all plugins, set up ANT and everything is done. I can build red5 server successfully. but now when I run it, it gives me following error. Please help me in solving these errors. Is it because I am missing some Jar files.?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
The import org.slf4j.Logger cannot be resolved
The import org.slf4j.bridge cannot be resolved
The import org.springframework cannot be resolved
SLF4JBridgeHandler cannot be resolved
Logger cannot be resolved to a type
The method getLogger(Class<?>) from the type Red5LoggerFactory refers to the missing type Logger
FileSystemXmlApplicationContext cannot be resolved to a type
FileSystemXmlApplicationContext cannot be resolved to a type

at org.red5.server.Launcher.<init>(Launcher.java:24)
at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.bootStrap(Bootstrap.java:116)
at org.red5.server.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:49)

Thank You,
shirali

Shirali Chokshi

Feb 17, 2011, 8:14:21 PM2/17/11
to red5

Dominick Accattato

Feb 17, 2011, 8:19:44 PM2/17/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com, Shirali Chokshi
Hello Shirali,

Can you give me more information on what you mean by "installing Red5 in eclipse". From my perspective, you could be trying to using the eclipse Red5Plugin. Or you could be possibly importing the trunk of the svn repo and trying to run it. Anyway, this information would be useful because you obviously have a classpath issue.

Cristian Rusu

Feb 18, 2011, 2:43:06 AM2/18/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
This always helped me

Dominick's video tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/user/dominickaccattato#p/c/9B94807E1D0AF2DE/5/8Goj0yNYr08
http://www.youtube.com/user/dominickaccattato#p/c/9B94807E1D0AF2DE/2/N3KYd_Xz_U4

Cristian Rusu
Web Developement & Electronic Publishing

======
Crilance.com
Crilance.blogspot.com

Shirali Chokshi

Feb 18, 2011, 2:45:11 AM2/18/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for the links. I will check this and get back to you.

Thanks,
Shirali

Shirali Chokshi

Feb 18, 2011, 2:04:02 PM2/18/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have put the JAR file which you told me but it still gives me the same error. Is this possible that such problem I am facing is because of Eclipse version difference?

I have a following eclipse version.

Version: Helios Service Release 1

Thanks,
Shirali

Shirali Chokshi

Feb 18, 2011, 2:26:02 PM2/18/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks all of you for your HELP. Its working now.

Shirali

Dominick Accattato

Feb 18, 2011, 2:36:17 PM2/18/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com, Shirali Chokshi
How did you fix it?

kaasdude

Mar 27, 2011, 10:06:48 AM3/27/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com

Dear Shirali,

The same here, how did you solve it?

It should be an open source thing, so maybe share your thoughts?

Ivo

Shirali Chokshi

Mar 27, 2011, 12:53:11 PM3/27/11
to red5in...@googlegroups.com, kaasdude
Hi,

Did you install all JAR files..?

Restart the eclipse and build it again. I think this will solve your problem.

Shirali

Ivo

Apr 14, 2011, 2:32:24 PM4/14/11
to red5
Thanks!
At the mean time, a while ago I managed to build a distrubution from
0.9.1.

So learning by the minute...

But, Still trying to invoke a function trough a web application and
invoking a function from a plugin.
Invoking a function works, but I am not able to call/invoke a function
with arguments.

Ivo