Google reCaptcha rejected in Internet Explorer 9

Peter Mikelson

Mar 1, 2012, 2:59:35 PM3/1/12
to reCAPTCHA
I have installed reCAPTCHA on over 100 pages on two sites. They work
fine in Chrome IE8 and Mozilla. Using IE9 a user entry is ALWAYS
rejected.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Adrian Godong

Mar 1, 2012, 4:55:02 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Nope. Any public URL we can test?

> --

Adrian Godong
adrian...@gmail.com

Finlay G. Smith

Mar 1, 2012, 5:06:57 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this is a known issue, it only works in IE9 in compatibility mode.

Adrian Godong

Mar 1, 2012, 5:12:52 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Not true. I went to http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore with IE9
on IE9 standards mode and all is fine.

--
Adrian Godong
adrian...@gmail.com

Finlay G. Smith

Mar 1, 2012, 5:30:24 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Well, all of the users I have encountered on IE9 have encountered this
problem. I (incorrectly) assumed that the only reason that page would
work was because it forced IE9 into compatibility or IE8-mode, which it
does not, but this is the way most people have been getting round the
problem.

Disregarding the fact that that page does appear to work, the vast
majority of IE9 users are definitely experiencing this error.

Peter Mikelson

Mar 1, 2012, 5:36:02 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
My site is an online record store http://www.classicvinyltrader.com

Adrian Godong

Mar 1, 2012, 5:48:40 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I can definitely reproduce this problem. It seems that IE9 does
not send the reCAPTCHA input fields back to the server.

Maybe you want to take a look at line 126 and add missing quotes and
closing tags. IE9 may take your document as is, and right now, the
form stops before the <p>Fill in... tag.

And check out validator.w3.org as well.

Peter Mikelson

Mar 1, 2012, 6:34:34 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
I'm not able to follow your discussion of my problem.  I'm looking at the line:

188  echo "\n</form>\n";

in index.php.

I can see I have unnecessary

185  ?>
186  <?php

ahead of the submit instruction also.  Shouldn't matter.

It seems the form submission is working, but the reCAPTCHA code on the server side seems to reject any input, correct or not in this instance.

I can pretty much confirm there must be a coding error somewhere because I found the I could submit a form from the checkout page with no reCAPTCHA problem from IE9.

Adrian Godong

Mar 1, 2012, 6:45:42 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Not your code (I don't have access to that). Use view source instead.

Peter Mikelson

Mar 1, 2012, 7:11:43 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com

Peter Mikelson

Mar 1, 2012, 7:15:21 PM3/1/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Well, the mis-placed <p> tag must have been the problem.  Many thanks!!

Yashman

Mar 3, 2012, 10:41:02 AM3/3/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I am also having the issue with IE9 not displaying the Captcha image at all. Day ago it was working perfectly fine but suddenly stopped working. All other browses there is no issue.

Appreciate your help.

Ely Melchor

Mar 5, 2012, 6:21:18 PM3/5/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
sorry, i will help you when i get this right.

Yashman

Andrew

Mar 12, 2012, 7:54:23 PM3/12/12
to reCAPTCHA
I'm just posting to jump in on this thread as I'm having the same
issue. I've done some Googling and not found an answer. Also, found
this similar thread:

http://www.chronoengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24332

I have checked in Fedora and my code works and page renders properly
so appears to be an issue between reCaptcha and IE9.

Casper Madsen

Aug 14, 2013, 3:59:33 PM8/14/13
to reca...@googlegroups.com, pgmik...@gmail.com
I'm having problems with IE8, IE9 and IE10 and tested compability mode too - nothing works. I have successfully tested the new IE11 dev version at browserstack.com. So there is something wrong with the way IE10 and earlier versions of IE handles JS?

The error message simply says:

An internal error occurred:
4E3E......