Language in captcha image

Gloria2

Jan 30, 2012, 4:23:48 AM1/30/12
to reCAPTCHA
How can I change the language displayed in the captcha image to tell
visitors what to do? I'm based in a Greek speaking country but the
site I'm developing is in English. At the moment I don't think people
will understand what to do.
Grateful for a pointer.
Gloria

PJH

Jan 30, 2012, 4:40:26 AM1/30/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/customization.html#i18n

PJH

reCAPTCHA Support

Jan 30, 2012, 11:42:19 AM1/30/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
We have started rolling out a change that automatically detects your
user's language if the "lang" parameter in the RecaptchaOptions is
left unspecified. If you are developing in a particular language or
wish to override the language of the reCAPTCHA widget that your users
see, you can set the "lang" parameter accordingly.

Our customization documentation should be updated to reflect this in
the next few weeks.

For Greek, the language code is "el". A demo of our test
implementation can be found here:
http://www.google.com/recaptcha/demo/?lang=el

- reCAPTCHA support

--
reCAPTCHA: stop spam, read books
http://www.google.com/recaptcha

Gloria2

Jan 30, 2012, 12:55:46 PM1/30/12
to reCAPTCHA
Actually, my problem is that I want the captcha in English, but
because my ip address tells you that I'm in Cyprus, I automatically
get the explaining text on the captcha image in Greek. When generating
the key, I was never given the option to choose language, so even if I
should make a new key, how can I make sure it will all be in English?
Gloria

On Jan 30, 6:42 pm, reCAPTCHA Support <supp...@recaptcha.net> wrote:
> We have started rolling out a change that automatically detects your
> user's language if the "lang" parameter in the RecaptchaOptions is
> left unspecified. If you are developing in a particular language or
> wish to override the language of the reCAPTCHA widget that your users
> see, you can set the "lang" parameter accordingly.
>
> Our customization documentation should be updated to reflect this in
> the next few weeks.
>
> For Greek, the language code is "el". A demo of our test
> implementation can be found here:http://www.google.com/recaptcha/demo/?lang=el
>
> - reCAPTCHA support
>

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:40 AM, PJH <pauljherr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/customization.html#i18n

reCAPTCHA Support

Jan 31, 2012, 10:03:41 AM1/31/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
See comments below:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Gloria2 <nina....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, my problem is that I want the captcha in English, but

The captcha images should be in English (or restricted to the English
alphabet and numerical digits) as we are not currently processing any
Greek books. Symbols and formulas may occur at times as the content
comes from old books.

> because my ip address tells you that I'm in Cyprus, I automatically
> get the explaining text on the captcha image in Greek.

If you set your RecaptchaOptions lang parameter as "en", your display
should be in English. For example:

var RecaptchaOptions = {
lang: "en",
tabindex: 1,
theme: "red"
};

Gloria2

Jan 31, 2012, 10:23:00 AM1/31/12
to reCAPTCHA
Yes, I realize that and I want to set the recaptcha parameter to "en",
but how do I do that? I can't find the page where I can choose to set
any parameters! When I press "create a new set of keys" I get taken to
a page where I can specify the domain name but nothing more!
I'm at a loss here. / Gloria

On Jan 31, 5:03 pm, reCAPTCHA Support <supp...@recaptcha.net> wrote:
> See comments below:

PJH

Jan 31, 2012, 10:26:37 AM1/31/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Gloria2 <nina....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I realize that and I want to set the recaptcha parameter to "en",
> but how do I do that? I can't find the page where I can choose to set
> any parameters!

In the javascript of the page you're displaying the captcha on - it's
not an account setting.

http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/customization.html#i18n
describes it, among other changes you can make..

--
PJH

Gloria2

Jan 31, 2012, 11:25:05 AM1/31/12
to reCAPTCHA
Thank you very much for your help and patience in explaining this to
me. Much appreciated!
Regards / Gloria

Bruce Morrison

Feb 7, 2012, 10:07:05 PM2/7/12
to reCAPTCHA
Hi there

I don't believe this is working as described. I'm looking after a
number of sites that use the "lang" parameter in the RecaptchaOptions
and it no longer has an effect. Changing the browsers preferred
language does.

My understanding of how it should now work is:
No lang parameter - automatically detect language (from headers?)
"lang" parameter set - use that language regardless of browser lang

One example is https://www.spn-online.com/ftuser/register

Cheers
Bruce

On Jan 31, 2:42 am, reCAPTCHA Support <supp...@recaptcha.net> wrote:
> We have started rolling out a change that automatically detects your
> user's language if the "lang" parameter in the RecaptchaOptions is
> left unspecified. If you are developing in a particular language or
> wish to override the language of the reCAPTCHA widget that your users
> see, you can set the "lang" parameter accordingly.
>
> Our customization documentation should be updated to reflect this in
> the next few weeks.
>
> For Greek, the language code is "el". A demo of our test
> implementation can be found here:http://www.google.com/recaptcha/demo/?lang=el
>
> - reCAPTCHA support
>

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:40 AM, PJH <pauljherr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/customization.html#i18n

Denis Vuyka

Nov 23, 2012, 2:55:12 PM11/23/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
You have started rolling out a change on January 30, 2012.... right now it is NOVEMBER 23, 2012 and the feature is still not working... are there any updates/estimates on that?

Nikhil Patil

Dec 19, 2012, 5:39:50 PM12/19/12
to reca...@googlegroups.com
I am new to this. I am using a custom theme. but changing the language does not seem to change the text for "Play sound again" and "Download sound as MP3".

What must I be missing for the custom theme implementation?