Apparent Plugin Conflict

REEP

Jan 3, 2008, 10:29:49 AM1/3/08
to reCAPTCHA
I installed Dagon Design Form Mailer v5.4 for my contact page and the
reCAPTCHA wp plugin for WP for my comments page.

The both work fine independently but it seems when I have them both
activated.

I get this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() (previously
declared in /*domain*/wp-content/plugins/recaptcha-wordpress-2.7/
recaptchalib.php:47) in /*domain*/wp-content/plugins/dd-formmailer/
recaptchalib.php on line 47

reCAPTCHA Support

Jan 3, 2008, 10:34:58 AM1/3/08
to reca...@googlegroups.com
It looks like they included reCAPTCHA but with a different path. I'm not sure what the best way to deal with this in PHP is, but one thing you can do is to comment out the include from one of the two files.
--
reCAPTCHA: stop spam, read books
http://recaptcha.net

Paul Herring

Jan 3, 2008, 2:16:02 PM1/3/08
to reca...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 3, 2008 3:34 PM, reCAPTCHA Support <sup...@recaptcha.net> wrote:
> It looks like they included reCAPTCHA but with a different path. I'm not
> sure what the best way to deal with this in PHP is, but one thing you can do
> is to comment out the include from one of the two files.

require_once() for the 'libraries' (as opposed to require() ) is
another possibility. Maybe with function_exists() within the library.
I'm not on a PC such that I can check source code to see if this may
help, but this may.

> On 1/3/08, REEP <black...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I installed Dagon Design Form Mailer v5.4 for my contact page and the
> > reCAPTCHA wp plugin for WP for my comments page.
> >
> > The both work fine independently but it seems when I have them both
> > activated.
> >
> > I get this error.
> >
> > Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() (previously
> > declared in /*domain*/wp-content/plugins/recaptcha-wordpress-2.7/
> > recaptchalib.php:47) in /*domain*/wp-content/plugins/dd-formmailer/
> > recaptchalib.php on line 47

PJH

http://shabbleland.myminicity.com/

REEP

Jan 3, 2008, 2:30:21 PM1/3/08
to reCAPTCHA
Where would I do that?

On Jan 3, 9:34 am, "reCAPTCHA Support" <supp...@recaptcha.net> wrote:
> It looks like they included reCAPTCHA but with a different path. I'm not
> sure what the best way to deal with this in PHP is, but one thing you can do
> is to comment out the include from one of the two files.

Brandon Bruce

Feb 15, 2008, 10:16:04 AM2/15/08
to reCAPTCHA
I just found this thread because I had the same conflict. Here's what
I did to fix it:

Navigate to Plugins in WordPress and click to Edit the Dagon Design
Form Mailer.

Search for the following line of code:

require_once('recaptchalib.php');

Replace that line with:

#require_once('recaptchalib.php');

Search for the second instance (there are two total):

require_once('recaptchalib.php');

and replace with:

#require_once('recaptchalib.php');

reCAPTCHA should now work for both the Dagon Design Form Mailer and
the reCAPTCHA WordPress Plugin.