Where can someone buy EYES for a rocking horse

anon...@internet.none

Dec 14, 2017, 6:05:39 AM12/14/17
I'm making some rocking horses for gifts. I'm mosty copying an old one
that I bought at a garage sale, and which was in pretty bad shape.
Anyhow, that one has plastic eyes that look like real eyes. Probably the
same eyes they use on stuffed animals.

Anyhow, I am not sure where to buy them. Do any of you know?
Someone told me to look at a craft store, but I live in a rural area and
there are no craft stores around here. I'll probably have to order them
online. I need to get them fast because I want these horses done by
xmas. Actually they are almost done, except for the painstaking task of
making mane and tail from yarn, and installing these eyes. (I assume
there just needs to be a slight hole drilled and the eyes glued into the
holes). Till I get them, I just left off the eyes. I guess if nothing
else, I can paint eyes on them, but I kind of like the looks of them
premade ones better, and my art skills with paint are limited too.

Frank McVey

Dec 14, 2017, 6:16:48 AM12/14/17
No problem here in UK - see https://www.rockinghorse.co.uk/shop/categories/Accessories-%26-Tack/Rocking-Horse-Eyes/

Might find shipping a bit expensive...

Cheers,

Frank

J. Clarke

Dec 14, 2017, 6:29:35 AM12/14/17
Amazon seems to have a wide range of them. Some keywords to try:
"glass eyes"
"toy eyes"
"20mm <or whatever size you want> eyes"

Some have free overnight delivery. If you want to be sure they arrive
quickly, look for "prime" in the listing--you don't have to use Prime,
but if they're listed as "prime" they generally are in stock in an
Amazon warehouse rather than coming from a third party who might not
be as efficient on shipping.

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Dec 14, 2017, 7:11:21 AM12/14/17
On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 05:02:15 -0600, anon...@internet.none wrote:

Paint on some friendly kind eyes - less scary than real-looking.
John T.

k...@notreal.com

Dec 14, 2017, 9:18:06 AM12/14/17
Less of a choking hazard, too.

notbob

Dec 14, 2017, 9:44:52 AM12/14/17
On 2017-12-14, anon...@internet.none <anon...@internet.none> wrote:

> ....but I live in a rural area....

I also live in a rural area. One with lotsa hunting. If fact hunting
is a Winter tourist industry, hereabouts. We're bound to have a few
'taxidermist' who have access to all kindsa 'eye's. ;)

nb

John McGaw

Dec 14, 2017, 10:08:45 AM12/14/17
On 12/14/2017 6:02 AM, anon...@internet.none wrote:
> I'm making some rocking horses for gifts. I'm mosty copying an old one
> that I bought at a garage sale, and which was in pretty bad shape.
> Anyhow, that one has plastic eyes that look like real eyes. Probably the
> same eyes they use on stuffed animals.
>
> Anyhow, I am not sure where to buy them. Do any of you know?
> Someone told me to look at a craft store, but I live in a rural area and
snip...
Can you make sure the 'horse' has bared fangs? If so then these eyes would
be ideal: goo.gl/fvBGNc