Canadian Tire Planer

Dave

Sep 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/17/99
Anybody know who makes Mastercraft planers? This week's flyer has a 12"
planer for $349...about $100 cheaper than a delta 12.5"

Anybody know if they are any good?

(All prices in Canadian dollars.)

Rob Bye

Sep 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/18/99

Dave wrote ...

I've seen it, Dave. It looks like it may be from the same Taiwanese source
that made Delta's old 12" surface planer. If I'm not mistaken, it even has
the same decals on it.

On the up-side: if it is the same machine, you may be able to get parts
(like extra blades) from a Delta service center.

On the down-side: you won't be able to count on CT for parts. Just try
asking one of the CT clerks about parts - about all you'll get is a blank
stare.

I really think you'd be saving yourself some headaches by spending the extra
hundred bucks on the new (and improved Delta 12 1/2" unit.

Rob Bye
spe...@escape.ca
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

GREG

Sep 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/18/99
Dear Dave
All Mastercraft tools are made by the same companies who make Delta, Ryobi,
Black and Decker etc. What Canadian Tire does is tells these companies to
make tools for them and tells them what specs they should have. Most of the
manufacturers nowadays
get motors from one company and other parts from other companies and even
share parts between themselves to make up a unique tool with unique
specifications and then put their names on it. Mastercraft tools overall
are not geared to the contractor but to the home hobbyist or occasional user
and should serve them well for many years as long as they are treated well.
They use a lot more plastic and white metal than contractor tools in order
to bring down the costs and make them more appealing to the general public.
These tools also have excellent warranties. Most of the time they are
straight replacement where as Delta is straight repair. There is local
repair depots in most major cities across Canada and the store can tell you
who they are if you ask. Best bet is a hardware manager or supervisor as
they are the ones who normally handle the claims.
Hope this helps
Greg
(Canadian tire employee)
Dave <lu...@greynet.net> wrote in message

Sproule

Sep 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/18/99

Dave wrote:

> Anybody know who makes Mastercraft planers? This week's flyer has a 12"
> planer for $349...about $100 cheaper than a delta 12.5"

I have lost faith in crappy tire, but if you look at the catalogue it might
be the same one I have, but look at the surface planers, they have the Delta
right beside the Mastercraft planer and for the life of me I can not tell
the difference, funny thing is the Delta was cheaper.
AL Sproule

Bob Oswin

Sep 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/18/99
Rob Bye wrote:

> Dave wrote ...

> > Anybody know who makes Mastercraft planers? This week's flyer has a 12"
> > planer for $349...about $100 cheaper than a delta 12.5"
> >
> > Anybody know if they are any good?
> >
> > (All prices in Canadian dollars.)
>
> I've seen it, Dave. It looks like it may be from the same Taiwanese source
> that made Delta's old 12" surface planer. If I'm not mistaken, it even has
> the same decals on it.
>
> On the up-side: if it is the same machine, you may be able to get parts
> (like extra blades) from a Delta service center.
>
> On the down-side: you won't be able to count on CT for parts. Just try
> asking one of the CT clerks about parts - about all you'll get is a blank
> stare.
>
> I really think you'd be saving yourself some headaches by spending the extra
> hundred bucks on the new (and improved Delta 12 1/2" unit.
>
> Rob Bye
> spe...@escape.ca
> Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
I have a couple of CT machines that I probably would not yet have but
for the really decent pricing CT offers from time to time.
Each piece comes with a manual and service center address and phone
number.
I needed parts for my CT lathe a few months ago and they sent them
prepaid to me at no charge!!!
You are quite right about the clerks knowing sht-all at the store level
though.
I have the same problem at Home Depot except the manual says to go back
to Home depot!--- Grrrr!

Bob Oswin

Bob Oswin

Sep 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/18/99
You really shouldn't choose a retialler using the same yardstick As
your did choosing your highschool girlfriend.
It's war our there boys and girls.
You have to know you product and ask a lot of questions before you make
a purchase.
Brand loyalty, as pointed out in this thread ,is a thing of the past.
Vendors continuously roam the manufacturing sites of the world looking
for better deals, not better products.

Last week CT offered me an 8 inch dado set for my table saw for $69.50.
I am using it today. ---Not too shabby at all.
Everybody else seems to think it is a $140.00 item. - Go figure?

Sproule wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>
> > Anybody know who makes Mastercraft planers? This week's flyer has a 12"
> > planer for $349...about $100 cheaper than a delta 12.5"

GREG

Sep 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/19/99

Dave <lu...@greynet.net> wrote in message
> Anybody know who makes Mastercraft planers? This week's flyer has a 12"
> planer for $349...about $100 cheaper than a delta 12.5"
>
> Anybody know if they are any good?
>
> (All prices in Canadian dollars.)

Yes it is made by Delta and it is the same as the one in the catalogue, as
are the jointers and drill presses and mitre saws and even table saws. The
extra tables included with the Mastercraft model ups the regular price over
the Delta. But the Mastercraft always goes on sale at a significant
discount as you have come
across this week. Replacement blades from the Delta will fit.

ct man

Rob Bye

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

> Yes it is made by Delta , as

> are the jointers and drill presses and mitre saws and even table saws.

> ct man

Hi Greg,

I'm guessing from the inference in your signature that you're connected to
Canadian Tire. Is that so?

If so, I think it's great that someone on the NG could give us an
understanding of CT's inner workings.

Let us know.

Wallie

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
Does that mean I can get a Uni-Saw at MasterCraft prices?

Frank Shapiro_

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99
CT Also sells the Delta, and if you watch closely it comes down to the same
price as the mastercraft. Although you just missed the last sale by about
a month....

--
THIS IS MY OPINION, and does not necessarily reflect those
of this provider or guarantee correctness. No liability will be assumed

...SPAM PROTECTION IN EFFECT....
Frank Shapiro B.Eng (Canada/Ontario )
Real Email is: user is shapiro_
location is yahoo.com
If at first you don't succeed, Sky diving is not for you.

Frank Shapiro_

Sep 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/20/99

goldstein...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2017, 3:11:41 AM10/14/17

We are business consulting and market research Company with roots in the US and vast reaches across America, Asia and parts of Europe and the Middle East.

Find the latest tire market research report, business insights, market insights, market outlook, market trends, market segmentation and demand analysis report.

Please SEND US SAMPLE REQUEST http://bit.ly/2gEXtKI

Regards,
Rebecca Cooper
(Global Sales Head)
www.goldsteinresearch.com

Just Wondering

Oct 14, 2017, 10:42:20 PM10/14/17
On 10/14/2017 1:11 AM, goldstein...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> We are business consulting and market research Company ... > Please SEND US SAMPLE REQUEST http://bit.ly/2gEXtKI
>
> Regards, Rebecca Cooper (Global Sales Head)
> www.goldsteinresearch.com

I would like to know what is the benefit of having my tires planed.
Can I use my wood planer to do the job, or do I have to buy a
special tire planer? How does planing my tires affect the mileage
I can get from them? Does a planed tire grip the road better?
Does it counter the effects of hydroplaning when my car hits a wet spot?

Leon

Oct 15, 2017, 9:34:17 AM10/15/17
FWIW Canadian Tire sells tools.

Spalted Walt

Oct 15, 2017, 10:29:26 AM10/15/17
Just Wondering <fmh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Can I use my wood planer to do the job, or do I have to buy a
> special tire planer?

A skill saw & rowing machine will suffice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFZEK5i7_s

HTH

Just Wondering

Oct 15, 2017, 1:33:51 PM10/15/17
FWIW the Subject is "Re: Canadian Tire Planer", the text
body says "We are business consulting and market research
Company", and the url http://bit.ly/2gEXtKI takes you to
the "Goldstein Research" website.
I am still Just Wondering what a tire planer is.

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Oct 15, 2017, 3:46:35 PM10/15/17
And just about anything else a man might need - as well as anything
for the kitchen.

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Oct 15, 2017, 4:00:14 PM10/15/17
On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 11:33:45 -0600, Just Wondering
a "canadian tire" planer is similar to a "harbor frieght" planer, or
a "king tools" planer. Nothing to do with tires - just like th link
has NOTHING to do with Canadian Tire, Tires, or planers.

Spalted Walt

Oct 15, 2017, 4:12:09 PM10/15/17

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/tools-hardware/power-tools/planers-jointers/planers.html

https://goo.gl/3taUD5

> body says "We are business consulting and market research
> Company", and the url http://bit.ly/2gEXtKI takes you to
> the "Goldstein Research" website.
> I am still Just Wondering what a tire planer is.

And I'm "Just Wondering" how badly you've infected your computer by
clicking on a link posted by a spammer in India.

"One engine detected this URL"
https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/4a86bd5c7ec5eec2e7ffcfa5cb86ef5cba23d43f830d60abe6947539f4afe1fe/detection

Leon

Oct 15, 2017, 7:26:35 PM10/15/17
So, do you think a Jet Planer planes Jet airplanes? Or do you think it
is more specific, Delta Planers are custom built to plane Delta airlines
fleet?

Larry Kraus

Oct 15, 2017, 8:07:55 PM10/15/17
Just as a wood planer makes wood flat, a tire planer makes tires flat.

I find that a simple nail will get the job done.

k...@notreal.com

Oct 15, 2017, 8:40:33 PM10/15/17
On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:26:26 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
Now I suppose you're going to try to tell me that a wood plane isn't
used to plane wood. Or a smoothing plane isn't used to smooth. Or
even that a rabbet plane isn't used to flatten rabbits. ;-)

k...@notreal.com

Oct 15, 2017, 8:41:11 PM10/15/17
On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 20:07:47 -0400, Larry Kraus <lkr...@att.net>
wrote:
That only makes it flat on the bottom.

DerbyDad03

Oct 15, 2017, 9:44:27 PM10/15/17
All flat tires are caused by the vehicle that they are on. I've never seen a tire that was flat
unless it was on (or used to be on) a vehicle. It's obviously the fault of the vehicle.

Just Wondering

Oct 16, 2017, 3:06:46 AM10/16/17
Running over them with a tire will flatten them. Especially if it's a
Canadian Tire.

Unknown

Oct 16, 2017, 8:10:03 PM10/16/17
Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote in