Yo - Bill...

Mike Marlow

Nov 21, 2015, 9:34:09 PM11/21/15
Just realizing that winter is closing in on us in the cold weather states,
and I recall that winter has slowed down your ability to work on your garage
in the past. Just wondering how you've been making out with that project.
Seems to me the last I recall you were fooling with some sheetrock work and
if I remember correctly, still had some work to do on your lighting. Any
progress while the warm weather was upon us?

--

-Mike-
mmarlo...@windstream.net

Bill

Nov 21, 2015, 9:49:21 PM11/21/15
Mike Marlow wrote:
> Just realizing that winter is closing in on us in the cold weather states,
Yes. We received our first snow today, 1.3" (new record, beating .8").

> and I recall that winter has slowed down your ability to work on your garage
> in the past. Just wondering how you've been making out with that project.
> Seems to me the last I recall you were fooling with some sheetrock work and
> if I remember correctly, still had some work to do on your lighting. Any
> progress while the warm weather was upon us?

It's all painted and pretty. I still need to put in the outlets and
lights. Taking care of my sick wife for several months, and some other
surprises, knocked me off track. She is well now and I have a couple
little projects coming up, just for fun. I'll post pics of anything
interesting. Thanks for your interest! :)

Bill

Mike Marlow

Nov 22, 2015, 8:19:06 AM11/22/15
Cool! Do you have any form of heat in there now, so that you can work out
there in the wintertime? Heat for a garage can be a bit pricey to install,
and to run, but man, is it ever nice!

--

-Mike-
mmarlo...@windstream.net

krw

Nov 22, 2015, 10:19:58 AM11/22/15
On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 08:18:03 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
<mmarlo...@windstream.net> wrote:

>Bill wrote:
>> Mike Marlow wrote:
>>> Just realizing that winter is closing in on us in the cold weather
>>> states,
>> Yes. We received our first snow today, 1.3" (new record, beating .8").
>>

>>> and I recall that winter has slowed down your ability to work on
>>> your garage in the past. Just wondering how you've been making out
>>> with that project. Seems to me the last I recall you were fooling
>>> with some sheetrock work and if I remember correctly, still had some
>>> work to do on your lighting. Any progress while the warm weather
>>> was upon us?
>>
>> It's all painted and pretty. I still need to put in the outlets and
>> lights. Taking care of my sick wife for several months, and some other
>> surprises, knocked me off track. She is well now and I have a couple
>> little projects coming up, just for fun. I'll post pics of anything
>> interesting. Thanks for your interest! :)

I know about getting knocked off track. It's good to hear that your
wife is OK.

>Cool! Do you have any form of heat in there now, so that you can work out
>there in the wintertime? Heat for a garage can be a bit pricey to install,
>and to run, but man, is it ever nice!

I tried the garage shop. Even in Alabama, there was four or five
months a year where the shop was unusable. When we moved to Georgia,
I got lucky and found a house with a walk-out basement. Even without
heat or AC, there's maybe a month where it's too uncomfortable to
play.

Bill

Nov 22, 2015, 11:30:41 AM11/22/15
Mike Marlow wrote:
> Do you have any form of heat in there now, so that you can work out
> there in the wintertime? Heat for a garage can be a bit pricey to
> install, and to run, but man, is it ever nice!

It's an attached garage, so it's usually not too cold--particularly if I
leave the kitchen door open for a little while. But the temperature
and humidity differentials, as you would even increase by adding heat,
are probably not conducive to working wood in general (not to mention
gluing and finishing). It should be fine for "sharpening" and some
types of woodcarving.

Bill

G. Ross

Nov 22, 2015, 12:38:48 PM11/22/15
What part of Georgia? If you don't mind my asking. I live in central
GA. about 40 mi. south of Macon.

--
GW Ross

Why isn't 'phonetically' spelled that