Woodpeckers Story Stick Hack

Leon

Jul 22, 2016, 5:31:50 PM7/22/16
I know that several here have the Woodpeckers story sticks and for those
of you that also have the connecting bars that come with the multi
length story stick you might find this useful.

I do a lot of multiple cuts that are longer than 42", IIRC that is the
limit of my Incra miter gauge. I discovered today that I can extend my
Incra miter gauge fence using my Woodpecker story stick, stop, and the
connecting bar.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28446113846/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28373444662/in/dateposted-public/

-MIKE-

Jul 22, 2016, 6:05:26 PM7/22/16
Nice.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com
mi...@mikedrumsDOT.com

k...@attt.bizz

Jul 22, 2016, 11:44:46 PM7/22/16
On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:31:32 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
Looks like a lot of stress on the connecting bar. Maybe I'll try it
anyway. ;-)

Leon

Jul 23, 2016, 9:37:40 AM7/23/16
I thought the same but I did not really have to tighten the connecting bar
very much at all. And I did not leave it set up that way longer than
necessary.
I wonder now if I could simply remove the Incra fence and attach the story
stick to the miter gauge.

k...@attt.bizz

Jul 23, 2016, 8:41:44 PM7/23/16
It looked like there was a gap under the story stick end. That
wouldn't be vary good as a miter gauge. I'd think it would be wobbly.

Leon

Jul 23, 2016, 10:22:19 PM7/23/16
I do not think it will wobble, at least the way the Incra miter gauge
works attaches to the fence. Just tighten the nuts and bolts.