Band saw at auction

swalker

Sep 18, 2016, 7:35:08 PM9/18/16

A serious band saw at some price

http://www.irsauctions.com/popups/bidders_paddle.asp?lot=352268&auction=LDDTX8R5MB3OSSZB9EA761AJMUTGL3&id=20528

Not sure what it weighs but I am guessing it would take more than 2
people to move it.

Jim

Bill

Sep 18, 2016, 8:45:11 PM9/18/16
Now, THAT'S a bandsaw...

DerbyDad03

Sep 18, 2016, 8:46:54 PM9/18/16
I'm guessing it would take 2 people just to move the *blade*. ;-)

Martin Eastburn

Sep 18, 2016, 10:49:25 PM9/18/16
I saw a Big one - set up with the wheels left and right - and the wheels
looked 48-60" in diameter. Big. Carbide teeth and it slices blocks of
limestone out of large slabs. Any size is possible so it
seems - but there must be some due to the wheel structure.

Martin

DerbyDad03

Sep 18, 2016, 11:27:37 PM9/18/16
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:49:25 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:
> I saw a Big one - set up with the wheels left and right - and the wheels
> looked 48-60" in diameter. Big. Carbide teeth and it slices blocks of
> limestone out of large slabs. Any size is possible so it
> seems - but there must be some due to the wheel structure.
>
> Martin

How about this band saw wheel structure?

http://tic.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/100_3949_1.jpg

That was found here...scroll way down.

http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/02/25/hull-oakes-sawmill/

John Grossbohlin

Sep 19, 2016, 7:30:07 AM9/19/16
"swalker" wrote in message
Same size as my Crescent... Yes, I need help to move it!

John McCoy

Sep 19, 2016, 10:51:01 AM9/19/16
swalker <s...@newsguy.com> wrote in
Company is still in business - call them up and ask :-)

(incidently, that means if anyone does buy this thing, and
it needs parts, they're apparently available).

Note that you're probably going to need to learn to weld
bandsaw blades if you get that saw, since off-the-shelf
blades in that size probably don't exist.

John

John McCoy

Sep 19, 2016, 10:54:49 AM9/19/16
Martin Eastburn <lion...@consolidated.net> wrote in

> I saw a Big one - set up with the wheels left and right - and the
> wheels looked 48-60" in diameter. Big. Carbide teeth and it slices
> blocks of limestone out of large slabs. Any size is possible so it
> seems - but there must be some due to the wheel structure.

Band mills for cutting logs into lumber can be huge.
A 10 foot wheel spinning a 3 foot wide blade wouldn't
be extreme. Plain steel blades for lumber, tho -
sharpen and set them just like any other saw blade.

John

DerbyDad03

Sep 19, 2016, 11:44:54 AM9/19/16
Or have them custom made, by Highland or such...

$55 for a 3/4" blades up to 248"

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/wood-slicer-resaw-bandsaw-blade-custom-length.aspx

Electric Comet

Sep 20, 2016, 9:32:30 PM9/20/16
On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 18:35:03 -0500
swalker <s...@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Not sure what it weighs but I am guessing it would take more than 2
> people to move it.

depends on the people maybe 2 nfl lineman in their 20s

looks like a fork lift model

it must say on the details what it weighs

also they charge 15% for what i am not sure

maybe it is for that retro web site