Big shop table saw

Gramps' shop

Apr 26, 2017, 12:15:51 PM4/26/17
If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_search_results.asp?pg=auction&id=&pid=21028&cat=528

DerbyDad03

Apr 26, 2017, 1:41:45 PM4/26/17
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 12:15:51 PM UTC-4, Gramps' shop wrote:
> If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:
>
> http://www.irsauctions.com/index_search_results.asp?pg=auction&id=&pid=21028&cat=528

I've got the room in my shop, but I might need to remove a few items, such as everything else.

Then the walls would have to go in order to have room to feed stock into (and out of) the saw.

As long as it never rains or gets cold, I'll be fine. I think I'll put in a bid.

Scott Lurndal

Apr 26, 2017, 2:50:03 PM4/26/17
It's a 5hp 3-phase motor, so you'll need the juice, as well.

DerbyDad03

Apr 26, 2017, 11:06:50 PM4/26/17
Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my "open floor plan" shop.

Unknown

Apr 26, 2017, 11:29:06 PM4/26/17
DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> wrote in

> Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of
> neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my
> "open floor plan" shop.

It's a 3-phase motor, so make sure you don't steal power from just one
neighbor. I wonder if the different lengths of extension cords will be
enough to delay the signal so you've got 3PH-like power?

Puckdropper

DerbyDad03

Apr 26, 2017, 11:49:05 PM4/26/17
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 11:29:06 PM UTC-4, nor...@googlegroups.com wrote:
> DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> wrote in
>

> > Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of
> > neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my
> > "open floor plan" shop.
>
> It's a 3-phase motor, so make sure you don't steal power from just one
> neighbor. I wonder if the different lengths of extension cords will be
> enough to delay the signal so you've got 3PH-like power?
>
> Puckdropper

I'll run the extension cords straight up the trunks of a few trees to slow the power. I'll
circle them around the branches on the way down to slow the descent. It might catch up a
little, but I think I'll be OK.

russell...@yahoo.com

Apr 27, 2017, 1:45:14 AM4/27/17
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 11:15:51 AM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
> If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:
>
> http://www.irsauctions.com/index_search_results.asp?pg=auction&id=&pid=21028&cat=528

Only 5 hp? Kind of anemic for a SCMI European sliding tablesaw. That is the entry level for horsepower. And only 5 foot slider. Short. Not sure it would be worth getting a slider if it did not have an 8 foot slider. But the saw does come with a little Chinese dust collector!

k...@notreal.com

Apr 27, 2017, 2:06:58 PM4/27/17
On 27 Apr 2017 03:29:04 GMT, Puckdropper
<puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

>DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> wrote in
>

>> Well, with no walls, I can easily steal power from a bunch of
>> neighbors. Picture a spider web of extension cords emanating from my
>> "open floor plan" shop.
>
>It's a 3-phase motor, so make sure you don't steal power from just one
>neighbor. I wonder if the different lengths of extension cords will be
>enough to delay the signal so you've got 3PH-like power?

If your neighbors are in CA, MS, and NY. The extension cords are
going to set you back some, though.

Electric Comet

Apr 27, 2017, 2:50:52 PM4/27/17
On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 09:15:44 -0700 (PDT)
"Gramps' shop" <lawrence....@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you've got the room in your shop, take a look at this one:

from a plant closing

Berg Furniture closes its Furniture manufacturing plant in Barrington,
NJ.

has a 1 inch arbor and 12 inch blade

i would guess the blade is expensive and no idea if they are hard to
come by

woodchucker

Apr 28, 2017, 12:19:28 AM4/28/17
Buyers premium is upto 15%.. I thought 10 was high. 15... Fthem.

--
Jeff