The Cribbage Board Is Broken!

DerbyDad03

Jun 18, 2017, 8:20:41 PM6/18/17
What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.

I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.

Obviously there's a problem with the board.

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 18, 2017, 8:55:31 PM6/18/17
Did you inhale too much finish?

Keith Nuttle

Jun 18, 2017, 9:15:49 PM6/18/17
On 6/18/2017 8:20 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
It was nice of you to reel him win to the game like that. Build up his
confidence and then at the right moment bring him down.

That was the plan with my daughters, but it did not always work.

--
2017: The year we lean to play the great game of Euchre

k...@notreal.com

Jun 18, 2017, 9:31:26 PM6/18/17
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 21:15:43 -0400, Keith Nuttle
<Keith_...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 6/18/2017 8:20 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
>> What a fiasco this turned out to be. There must have been a problem with
>> the plans or maybe it's the wood I chose.
>>
>> I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he beat
>> me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus years.
>>
>> Obviously there's a problem with the board.
>>
>It was nice of you to reel him win to the game like that. Build up his
>confidence and then at the right moment bring him down.

Right. A couple of games to build confidence, THEN start the dollar a
hole (inflation) games.

J. Clarke

Jun 18, 2017, 10:24:33 PM6/18/17
In article <oi78jt$1t3m$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Keith_...@sbcglobal.net
says...
What, they never got interested or they never stopped beating you?

Bill

Jun 19, 2017, 12:26:18 AM6/19/17
Make sure that you each only more *your own* pegs... : )

Bill

Jun 19, 2017, 12:36:19 AM6/19/17
Oops, that should be "move" not "more". Don't be afraid to slap the
other person's hand if you see a violation..

Leon

Jun 19, 2017, 12:48:25 AM6/19/17
Jeez! Pictures?

DerbyDad03

Jun 19, 2017, 6:42:45 AM6/19/17
The final pics were posted in the original thread.

http://i.imgur.com/ouehBqf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vooVWFE.jpg

Leon

Jun 19, 2017, 2:40:53 PM6/19/17
Looks damn FINE!!! Definitely not broken. ;~)

DerbyDad03

Jun 19, 2017, 9:21:06 PM6/19/17
Thanks! It should be in Reno by now. Maybe we can play via Skype.

k...@notreal.com

Jun 19, 2017, 9:47:51 PM6/19/17
On Mon, 19 Jun 2017 13:40:40 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
Looks to me like a termite got to it. ;-)

Electric Comet

Jun 27, 2017, 12:46:27 PM6/27/17
On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> wrote:

> I gave the board to my son, we played 2 games to break it in and he
> beat me both times. He's a rookie, I've been playing for 40-plus
> years.
>
> Obviously there's a problem with the board.

simple

most likely the shuffle was not good enough
how many times did you shuffle

did you make the pegs or buy them

i wanted to make a board with leds and speech recognition
to eliminate those pegging mistakes for folks with bad eyesight

simpler option might be a large board

i lost a game but it was mostly due to pegging and i did try to correct
as we played but conceded and actually felt ok to give the win over

we did use a large deck but it the pegging that was hard