Finishing door jams

Len

Sep 25, 2016, 5:23:19 PM9/25/16
I have a number of door jams in place. I have been finishing the doors themselves by spraying dye for color and then spraying Hydrocote as a finish coat. Spraying the door jams in the house is out of the question. The logistics of preventing overspray from going everywhere is just mind boggling.

I seem to have three options:

First, dilute the dye in water, wipe, let it dry, and then brush on the Hydrocote (does it brush ).

Same as first option, but buy a brushing lacquer.

Third idea is to dilute the dye in a minimal amount of water, and add it to the Hydrocote - making a toner. Apply the toner to the jams with a brush.

Does anybody have any better and sure fire method?

Thanks,

Len

DerbyDad03

Sep 25, 2016, 8:26:12 PM9/25/16
Remove the jambs and finish them just like you finished the doors.

I'm half kidding but I gotta ask: Why didn't you finish them before you installed them? I'm
assuming they are new, correct?

Len

Sep 26, 2016, 4:28:37 PM9/26/16
This has been a 10 year labor of love. I needed to put up the doors then. I need to finish them now

Len