Job Completed

Leon

Aug 23, 2016, 3:50:37 PM8/23/16
Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.

We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
later we were done.

She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/

This shot was about 1 week from being finished.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28665939152/in/dateposted-public/

Michael

Aug 23, 2016, 4:13:50 PM8/23/16
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 2:50:37 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.

Beautiful work, Leon!

Doug Miller

Aug 23, 2016, 4:44:32 PM8/23/16
Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> wrote in news:Ntadnf4fNI-YNCHKnZ2dnUU7-
KvN...@giganews.com:

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/

Very nice.

John McGaw

Aug 23, 2016, 5:16:52 PM8/23/16
Furniture looks good but the walls are hideous and are likely to induce
nightmares. You could have done them a favor and 'accidentally' damaged the
walls beyond repair. ;-)

Bill

Aug 23, 2016, 8:31:14 PM8/23/16
Looks great, Leon!

Bill

Leon

Aug 23, 2016, 8:36:21 PM8/23/16
THANK YOU Michael!

Leon

Aug 23, 2016, 8:37:01 PM8/23/16
Thank you Doug, I appreciate that.

Leon

Aug 23, 2016, 8:38:57 PM8/23/16
Thank you!

There has been a discussion on that wall paper. Apparently they got a
really good deal on close out. AND it looked 10 times lighter in the
catalog. AND no refunds.

Leon

Aug 23, 2016, 8:39:13 PM8/23/16
Thank you Bill.

OFWW

Aug 23, 2016, 9:13:01 PM8/23/16
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 14:50:24 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
Looks Great Leon. I especially like the quality of workmanship that
went into it. I remember those nightstands. :)

Question: Do your heels ever kick the drawers when getting out of bed
in the morning?

Sweet!

krw

Aug 23, 2016, 10:47:36 PM8/23/16
wrote:

>Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
>understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.
>
>We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
>and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
>springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
>moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
>later we were done.
>
>She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/

Did SWMBO quilt the spread, too? ;-)

>This shot was about 1 week from being finished.
>
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28665939152/in/dateposted-public/

Really nice, Leon!

Leon

Aug 23, 2016, 11:50:15 PM8/23/16
Thank you! Yes those night stands were in the picture too. :!)

> Question: Do your heels ever kick the drawers when getting out of bed
> in the morning?

No! I/we typically step further out. Now having said that our personal
bed has a double set of slightly shorter drawers, 18 total. My calf
sometimes hits the handles but I never notice. Ours was the first
attempt and I did not design the drawers to actually stop, they will in
fact push all the way through.

Thanks again!

> Sweet!

Leon

Aug 23, 2016, 11:53:03 PM8/23/16
On 8/23/2016 9:47 PM, krw wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 14:50:24 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
> wrote:
>
>> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
>> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.
>>
>> We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
>> and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
>> springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
>> moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
>> later we were done.
>>
>> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/
>
> Did SWMBO quilt the spread, too? ;-)

His SWMBO did, she is also a quilter. In fact Swingman designed her
quilting studio, an 11 or 1200 foot addition to the back of their house.

>> This shot was about 1 week from being finished.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28665939152/in/dateposted-public/
>>
> Really nice, Leon!

Thank you! And I may have another to build sooner than later. My son
wants a second for his home.

Casper

Aug 24, 2016, 9:00:56 AM8/24/16
Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet> was heard to mutter:

>Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
>understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.
>
>We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
>and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
>springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
>moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
>later we were done.
>
>She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/

Very nice work! You know it's never truly approved until the cats
approve it and you got that too. ;)

Sonny

Aug 24, 2016, 9:06:06 AM8/24/16
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 2:50:37 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.

Yep, too hot & humid to do much of anything outdoors.

> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/

Looks great. What brand and color of stain was used?

Sidenote: While in the shop, the other evening with the radio on, someone called in a song request and mentioned they were sewing a Mardi Gras blanket. I thought of you/your wife, wondered if your wife had ever did those types of event blankets. That blanket and wall decor (unique subject matter, I like it) look nice, also.

Sonny

DerbyDad03

Aug 24, 2016, 10:24:20 AM8/24/16
Nice job. Since I am building a (much, much, much simpler) bed for my
daughter, I have been sharing your build pictures with SWMBO to show her
what real woodworkers (with real shops) can do.

Earlier on she thought the bed was "over the top", too fancy, etc. When I
showed her the final product, along with the matching nightstands, she
took back everything she said earlier and now really likes the outcome.

Please stay on your side of the country. I can't afford to have SWMBO
start talking to you. ;-)

Leon

Aug 24, 2016, 2:15:54 PM8/24/16
Thank you! I understood that the cats mentioned it was the "cat's
pajamas". ;~)

Leon

Aug 24, 2016, 2:23:28 PM8/24/16
On 8/24/2016 8:06 AM, Sonny wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 2:50:37 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
>> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
>> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's
>> heat.
>>
> Yep, too hot & humid to do much of anything outdoors.
>
>> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/
>

> Looks great. What brand and color of stain was used?

Thank you!

The stain on the bed was General Finishes Candlelight GEL stain. With
Old Masters gel varnish.

the two night stands beside the bed were Lawrence McFadden Candlelight
GEL stain and Old Masters gel varnish.

We were very lucky that the stains matched as well as they did. I had
no idea that she was going to want the bed when I use the last can of
Lawrence McFadden stain and they went out of business about 5 years ago.

> Sidenote: While in the shop, the other evening with the radio on,
> someone called in a song request and mentioned they were sewing a
> Mardi Gras blanket. I thought of you/your wife, wondered if your
> wife had ever did those types of event blankets. That blanket and
> wall decor (unique subject matter, I like it) look nice, also.
>
> Sonny

I do not think that she has done a Mardi Gras blanket. The quilts on
the wall in the picture were done by the customer. ALTHOUGH my wife may
start quilting the tops for this customer. We recently upgraded my
wife's "long arm" sewing machine to be robotic, so quilt stitching
designs are very precise. A lot like a CNC.

Leon

Aug 24, 2016, 2:26:46 PM8/24/16
On 8/24/2016 9:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 3:50:37 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
>> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
>> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.
>>
>> We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
>> and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
>> springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
>> moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
>> later we were done.
>>
>> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/
>>

>> This shot was about 1 week from being finished.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28665939152/in/dateposted-public/
>
> Nice job. Since I am building a (much, much, much simpler) bed for my
> daughter, I have been sharing your build pictures with SWMBO to show her
> what real woodworkers (with real shops) can do.

Thank you.... With the right enough of passion you will get there.

> Earlier on she thought the bed was "over the top", too fancy, etc. When I
> showed her the final product, along with the matching nightstands, she
> took back everything she said earlier and now really likes the outcome.

Well tell your wife thank you also. ;~)

> Please stay on your side of the country. I can't afford to have SWMBO
> start talking to you. ;-)

So y'all want to visit here and see what I do? ;~)

DerbyDad03

Aug 24, 2016, 2:37:10 PM8/24/16
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 2:26:46 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> On 8/24/2016 9:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 3:50:37 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
> >> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
> >> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.
> >>
> >> We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
> >> and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
> >> springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
> >> moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
> >> later we were done.
> >>
> >> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
> >>
> >> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/
> >>

> >> This shot was about 1 week from being finished.
> >>
> >> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28665939152/in/dateposted-public/
> >
> > Nice job. Since I am building a (much, much, much simpler) bed for my
> > daughter, I have been sharing your build pictures with SWMBO to show her
> > what real woodworkers (with real shops) can do.
>
> Thank you.... With the right enough of passion you will get there.

"Passion" ain't gonna build me a 3 car garage filled with green tools. :-(

> > Earlier on she thought the bed was "over the top", too fancy, etc. When I
> > showed her the final product, along with the matching nightstands, she
> > took back everything she said earlier and now really likes the outcome.
>

> Well tell your wife thank you also. ;~)

Will do...

> > Please stay on your side of the country. I can't afford to have SWMBO
> > start talking to you. ;-)
> >
> So y'all want to visit here and see what I do? ;~)

If I'm ever out that way I'll get in touch.

How far from Vegas and/or Reno are you? We may be headed out there in the
fall. (I have a son in each city.)

Leon

Aug 24, 2016, 3:03:19 PM8/24/16
Well we are about 750 miles east of the Texas border in that direction.
;!) West Houston area.

Greg Guarino

Aug 24, 2016, 3:26:33 PM8/24/16
On 8/24/2016 2:23 PM, Leon wrote:
> On 8/24/2016 8:06 AM, Sonny wrote:
>> On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 2:50:37 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
>>> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
>>> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's
>>> heat.
>>>
>> Yep, too hot & humid to do much of anything outdoors.
>>
>>> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/
>>

>> Looks great. What brand and color of stain was used?
>
> Thank you!
>
> The stain on the bed was General Finishes Candlelight GEL stain. With
> Old Masters gel varnish.
>
> the two night stands beside the bed were Lawrence McFadden Candlelight
> GEL stain and Old Masters gel varnish.
>
> We were very lucky that the stains matched as well as they did. I had
> no idea that she was going to want the bed when I use the last can of
> Lawrence McFadden stain and they went out of business about 5 years ago.

Looks like oak, right? I used some of that same stain on oak a while
back. I think I like your results better though. Could just be the photo
rendition, I guess. Morel likely you're just better at it.

Greg Guarino

Aug 24, 2016, 3:31:17 PM8/24/16
Would it be too much to ask to have you put some sort of "block" on
these photos to prevent my wife from seeing them?

:)

Sonny

Aug 24, 2016, 3:44:12 PM8/24/16
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 1:37:10 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
what real woodworkers (with real shops) can do.

> > Thank you.... With the right enough of passion you will get there.
>
> "Passion" ain't gonna build me a 3 car garage filled with green tools. :-(

Leon's not telling you the secret to his good work. Here's the secret:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSnXNHUEodY

Sonny

Leon

Aug 24, 2016, 4:41:19 PM8/24/16
Right you are, red oak.

Leon

Aug 24, 2016, 4:43:03 PM8/24/16
LOL Yeah! That how it sounded when Swingman and I worked together too. ;~)

Leon

Aug 24, 2016, 4:44:37 PM8/24/16
Uh-Hut-a ;~) I'm taking orders now. LOL

krw

Aug 24, 2016, 10:30:40 PM8/24/16
On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 12:44:09 -0700 (PDT), Sonny <cedar...@aol.com>
wrote:
I thought this was his secret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORkDLJdLcBg

-MIKE-

Aug 24, 2016, 11:37:30 PM8/24/16
On 8/23/16 2:50 PM, Leon wrote:
> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.
>
> We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
> and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
> springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
> moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
> later we were done.
>
> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/

I'm late to the party but wanted to make sure I told you what great work
that is.
Inspirational!

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com
mi...@mikedrumsDOT.com

Leon

Aug 25, 2016, 8:39:07 AM8/25/16
-MIKE- <mi...@mikedrumsDOT.com> wrote:
> On 8/23/16 2:50 PM, Leon wrote:
>> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
>> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.
>>
>> We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
>> and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
>> springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
>> moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
>> later we were done.
>>
>> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/
>>

> I'm late to the party but wanted to make sure I told you what great work
> that is.
> Inspirational!

Thank you Mike.

woodchucker

Aug 25, 2016, 9:56:26 PM8/25/16
On 8/23/2016 3:50 PM, Leon wrote:
> Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer
> understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat.
>
> We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on Friday
> and on Saturday morning we returned to remove the old king sized box
> springs and bed frame and moved the new bed into the bedroom. Then we
> moved some other pieces that I built a few years ago. About an hour
> later we were done.
>
> She is happy, he is happy, and apparently the two cats are happy.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28852473090/in/dateposted-public/
>

> This shot was about 1 week from being finished.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/28665939152/in/dateposted-public/

nice.

--
Jeff