William Alden

bob3...@my-deja.com

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
All considering placing an order with William
Alden or their related websites should be advised
that the company is on the verge of filing
bankruptcy. Right now they have served their
vendors with notice that they are in financial
trouble, and urge them to accept an offer of 30
cents on the dollar for the amounts owed.
Otherwise the company will have to go forward
with filing bankruptcy and you may get nothing.

They also advised that they have sold their
building and are renting it back from the
purchaser to continue operations, They have
provided this half ass accounting of where all
the proceeds from the sale went, claiming none
went to family who owns the company.

Bottom line – Most all vendors will not ship to
them, even C.O.D. If you are promised we will
getting more in soon, this is a most likely a
lie. Support a business that conducts itself in a
professional manor, charging a fair price for a
product.

All business, Internet or otherwise need to make
a certain profit on all the items they sell to
stay in business. If a company has an abnormally
low price they are most likely operating on too
thin a margin. Eventually this will catch up with
them. What results is re-organization or
bankruptcy. Manufacturers deal with this problem
by raising the prices to all. Support a business
that charges a fair price for a product (not
list, but not the cheapest). You may be presently
surprised that you will also find better then
normal service from this business, as they can
afford to employ a better caliber of employee.

Another who is following down the same road as
William Alden is Amazon.com (Tool Crib of the
North). They took over Tool Crib a while back.
Now many vendors in the tool industry have them
on a credit hold as they are seriously past due
with amounts owed.. Looking at the fact that
Amazon.com has never made a profit is this really
a surprise.

For you cheap ass bargain hunters out there,
William Alden claims to be having a Huge
Inventory Reduction Sale, offering 10% off their
normal prices and free shipping. Based on the
fact they only want to pay the manufacture 30
cents on the dollar, who is really getting the
better deal on the sale? And the free shipping, I
am sure they plan to stick the shipping companies
with a large tab.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

bob3...@my-deja.com

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00

Philski

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
Uh...Bob....do you always answer your own postings???

Just wonderin'

Philski

Brian Chandley

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
Sounds like someone with an ax to grind. Perhaps sitting on an
accounts receivable worth $.30 on the dollar? Fess up Bob.

Waterworks International Corporation

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00

> Sounds like someone with an ax to grind. Perhaps sitting on an
> accounts receivable worth $.30 on the dollar? Fess up Bob.

And rather amazingly those two posts are the only posts he's ever made...

An axe to grind and a total lack of cajones to hide behind an anonymous deja
address...

George

May 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/30/00
Explains my recent experience as well.

Frank J. Gagnepain <gagn...@lucent.com> wrote in message
I had a Delta drum sander on back order from William Alden for some time. I
received a letter from them that they were canceling their back orders,
which puzzled me. So maybe the original post explains the letter I
received.

Neil Williams

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Ditto. I've had some bessey clamps on backorder for a few weeks -
you wouldn't think those would be hard to come by.

--Neil

"George" <upge...@mail.tds.net> wrote in message

tom

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
How about posting your real name and your business affiliation? I
believe that someone in competition with William Alden and/or Tool Crib
can anonymously post scare messages to destroy their businesses, and
hope to pick up that lost business for personal profit and/or as a way
of "getting even" for some personal reason.

Without actual proof of your claims, you are just flaming the companies
and you are subject to prosecution.

So, if you have FACTS, post them along with your actual name.

> All considering placing an order with William
> Alden or their related websites should be advised
> that the company is on the verge of filing

> bankruptcy. Right now they have served their
> vendors with notice that they are in financial
> trouble, and urge them to accept an offer of 30
> cents on the dollar for the amounts owed.
> Otherwise the company will have to go forward
> with filing bankruptcy and you may get nothing.
>
> They also advised that they have sold their
> building and are renting it back from the
> purchaser to continue operations, They have
> provided this half ass accounting of where all
> the proceeds from the sale went, claiming none
> went to family who owns the company.
>
> Bottom line – Most all vendors will not ship to
> them, even C.O.D. If you are promised we will
> getting more in soon, this is a most likely a
> lie. Support a business that conducts itself in a
> professional manor, charging a fair price for a
> product.
>
> All business, Internet or otherwise need to make
> a certain profit on all the items they sell to
> stay in business. If a company has an abnormally
> low price they are most likely operating on too
> thin a margin. Eventually this will catch up with

> them. What results is re-organization or

johnre...@my-deja.com

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Tom, I agree, there was a post on the Badger Pond forum that mentioned
the possibility that the person spreading the Wm Alden bankruptcy info
may be affiliated with a competing company. Right now the webmaster
over there is trying to check it out. As of right now he can't confirm
or deny that Wm Alden is in financial trouble. I ordered some turning
tools for my son about 3 weeks ago. Two came right away, and the other
which was backordered arrived last week.
Take care,
john Renzetti

In article <8h320b$510$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Pete

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
I hope that your remark about Wm Alden is not true. I have always gotten
very good service from them and at decent prices in the past. There
merchandise is top of the line and I hope to do more business with them in
the future. I have never heard anything bad about them.

John Huffman

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Good that you make this point. It's easy for anyone to attack someone on a
public forum and do unwarranted damage that can become a cause for
bankruptcy.

My dealings with Alden have been favorable and I would not be motivated by
unsubstantiated hearsay. Bear in mind that the consumer is not likely to be
disadvantaged in a legitimate bankruptcy filing, rather it is the vendors
who have to ante up. Of course, we all pay somewhere along the line, but
the best course for all would be to support a company with a good track
record and help them recover. This benefits vendors as well. A bankruptcy
is a humbling experience for a business and will either remove them from the
lanscape or make them the better for it.

The ultimate objective of the consumer is to receive the most for the least,
understanding that 'cheap' and 'value' or not synonymous. The most
successful company will deliver the best quality and service at the price
the market will bear. Their management must make sure that a fair profit is
made in order to prosper, competition will keep that profit at the proper
level.

I am not affiliated with any woodworking company and would suggest that the
best reaction to this would be to order something from Alden if that's what
you would have done anyway.

"tom" <tg...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> How about posting your real name and your business affiliation? I
> believe that someone in competition with William Alden and/or Tool Crib
> can anonymously post scare messages to destroy their businesses, and
> hope to pick up that lost business for personal profit and/or as a way
> of "getting even" for some personal reason.
>
> Without actual proof of your claims, you are just flaming the companies
> and you are subject to prosecution.
>
> So, if you have FACTS, post them along with your actual name.
>

> > All considering placing an order with William
> > Alden or their related websites should be advised
> > that the company is on the verge of filing
> > bankruptcy. Right now they have served their
> > vendors with notice that they are in financial
> > trouble, and urge them to accept an offer of 30
> > cents on the dollar for the amounts owed.
> > Otherwise the company will have to go forward
> > with filing bankruptcy and you may get nothing.
> >
> > They also advised that they have sold their
> > building and are renting it back from the
> > purchaser to continue operations, They have
> > provided this half ass accounting of where all
> > the proceeds from the sale went, claiming none
> > went to family who owns the company.
> >

> > Bottom line - Most all vendors will not ship to

Lowell Holmes

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
I've been happy with them too!

"Pete" <Pe...@xyx.com> wrote in message

> I hope that your remark about Wm Alden is not true. I have always gotten
> very good service from them and at decent prices in the past. There
> merchandise is top of the line and I hope to do more business with them in
> the future. I have never heard anything bad about them.
>

> <bob3...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> > All considering placing an order with William

>snip

Lowell Holmes

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
The original post sure turned me off. If they have an item I want, I'll
order it. I've been happy with them both times I purchased from them.

"John Huffman" <jhuf...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

>snip

woodm...@webtv.net

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Gallery of Machines MachineTool Rebuilders

Russ Penrose

Marathon NY

Part/timeWoodworker

Brian Chandley

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Bob has my attention. I'll wander over to W. Walden and see what they
have to offer.

Rob Stokes

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Well said and well done Tom, thanks

Rob

--

Check out our web site:
http://www.randc.bizhosting.com

tom <tg...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8h320b$510$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> How about posting your real name and your business affiliation? I
> believe that someone in competition with William Alden and/or Tool Crib
> can anonymously post scare messages to destroy their businesses, and
> hope to pick up that lost business for personal profit and/or as a way
> of "getting even" for some personal reason.
>
> Without actual proof of your claims, you are just flaming the companies
> and you are subject to prosecution.
>
> So, if you have FACTS, post them along with your actual name.
>

> > All considering placing an order with William

Rob Stokes

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Just did, just bought

: )

Rob

--

Check out our web site:
http://www.randc.bizhosting.com

Brian Chandley <bmc...@cleome.ultranet.com> wrote in message

Neil Williams

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
I checked out HD, but the "kits" that William Alden sells net
out a bit cheaper. The cabinet maker's kit is something like
$129 for 2x24" and 2x40" clamps, which I seem to recall
worked out about $10-$20 cheaper than buying individually
from any other source I checked.

--Neil

"Larry Rogers" <cla...@home.com> wrote in message
I don't know about WIlliam Alden, but the best place I've found to buy
Bessies is at Home Depot. Best price that is, catalog or not.
Larry

Dave Mundt

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Greetings and salutations...
Although it has been a bit since I dealt with Wm Alden Co. I have
to say that I was pleased as punch when I DID order from them. Their
catalogs continue to be annoying seductive to a tool junkie such as
myself, and, they have always gotten the product out in quick time,
with no problems. I recall that their phone staff was pretty pleasant
to chat with too...
If they do crash and burn, it will be a real shame...
Regards
Dave Mundt
tom <tg...@my-deja.com> wrote:

>How about posting your real name and your business affiliation? I
>believe that someone in competition with William Alden and/or Tool Crib
>can anonymously post scare messages to destroy their businesses, and
>hope to pick up that lost business for personal profit and/or as a way
>of "getting even" for some personal reason.
>
>Without actual proof of your claims, you are just flaming the companies
>and you are subject to prosecution.
>
>So, if you have FACTS, post them along with your actual name.
>

>> All considering placing an order with William
>> Alden or their related websites should be advised
>> that the company is on the verge of filing
>> bankruptcy. Right now they have served their
>> vendors with notice that they are in financial
>> trouble, and urge them to accept an offer of 30
>> cents on the dollar for the amounts owed.
>> Otherwise the company will have to go forward
>> with filing bankruptcy and you may get nothing.
>>
>> They also advised that they have sold their
>> building and are renting it back from the
>> purchaser to continue operations, They have
>> provided this half ass accounting of where all
>> the proceeds from the sale went, claiming none
>> went to family who owns the company.
>>

>> Bottom line – Most all vendors will not ship to

Remove the "REMOVE_THIS_" from my email address to get to me...
I hate Cullers who gather from newsgroups

Visit my home page at http://www.esper.com/xvart/index.html

John Wiley

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Have no idea if it's true or not. I'll be very sorry if it is. Have had
excellent service from them.

However, it does make the point to pay everything you're not able to walk
out of the store with by credit card (lay-away, mailorder, ...) That way if
the worst happens, you won't be out anything, except maybe a 33c stamp.

John

drve...@my-deja.com

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Last Summer WA ran a sale where they gave 10% or maybe it was 20% off a
single item, so this type of sale is not unheard of from them. However,
it is strange that they do make mention that backorders will not be
filled, and they are offering free shipping. I took advantage of their
offer and I ordered yet another PC Router (Gawd I need a 12 step
program) and a PC biscuit jointer. I don't know if the items are on
backorder so I am not 100% sure my order will be filled. It would be a
shame to see WA go belly up, but that is how free enterprise works.

Brook
www.geocities.com/drvermin

Andy

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Somebody do a Deja search. I remember seeing this same post here some
two or three years ago.

Edfan

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
I wonder if WilliamAlden is going out of business? I also got a
letter cancelling an order that had become backordered for over a month.
Meanwhile - they were still putting it on the front page of their web site!

Neil Williams <ne...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Edfan

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00

> <bob3...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > All considering placing an order with William
> > Alden or their related websites should be advised
> > that the company is on the verge of filing
> > bankruptcy.

Wow, I just speculated on this possibility. Well, that's way too
bad.

Andrew Barss

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00

Is anyone interested in calling William Alden and ASKING them?
Jeez, there's a lot of speculating going on with no data!

<bob3...@my-deja.com> anonymously surmised, perhaps for
ulterior reasons (who knows, the guy hiding behind
an anon remailer and all), in message

Incoming

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
First, a tip: Like Russ said, don't slander companies in a public
forum without offering some substantive facts, lest you become the
next source they collect from, whether you bought something or not.
Where did you get this information? Press release? A manufacturer
selling to William Alden? The competition? I dare you to name *one*
single vendor in *any* industry who has a credit hold on sales to
Amazon.com because of past due amounts.

Second: I hear lots of folks whine their panties off about the
cheapest seller being a looser who can't make a dime and will have to
close up shop if they don't raise prices. Invariably, this insightful
economic analysis comes from folks who can't match their price and are
pissed they can't move inventory. You can talk trash about Amazon.com
et. al. all you want, but the facts are (1) they are still around and
(2) they are selling products cheaper than others. Now, unless a
friend of yours owns a tool shop, why would you want to pay more for a
tool than you had to? Unless you're either (1) a dolt or (2) too
rich, I suppose...

On Tue, 30 May 2000 18:10:37 GMT, bob3...@my-deja.com wrote:

>All considering placing an order with William
>Alden or their related websites should be advised
>that the company is on the verge of filing

akpre...@my-deja.com

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
My recent dealings with William Alden would suggest that they have at
least a cash flow problem.

A couple of months back I ordered a Jet table saw from WA via the web.
Two days later I got a phone call to say that the item was on back
order and would be shipped in three to four weeks.

After six weeks I phoned up WA to find out where my saw was. The
customer service rep told me it was still on back order. I asked her
if she could find out what the ETA of saw was. She put me on hold and
claimed to have to spoken to Jet who said the saw was being shipped the
next day so I should have it in a couple of weeks.

Three weeks later I still had no saw so I phoned William Alden again.
They told me that the saw was still on back order. I asked for the
customer service number for Jet so that I could see what their estimate
of delivery time would be. At this point I was transferred to the
customer service manager who informed me that there was a problem with
back orders that should be resolved in a few weeks. I asked if the
problem was with Jet and was informed that the problem was with all
back orders.

At this point I cancelled my order and went elsewhere.

I have no connection with the woodworking trade and no vested interest
in the success or demise of William Alden. I actually came upon this
thread because I wanted to know whether my experience was an isolated
incident or William Alden were definitely in trouble.

I will not be ordering from them again.

In article <393725d0.260921307@news>,

shavings

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
bob3...@my-deja.com wrote:
> All considering placing an order with William
> Alden or their related websites should be advised
> that the company is on the verge of filing
> bankruptcy.

And you have verifiable proof of these statements?

--
John Gunterman ..... http://www.shavings.net

Cool URL of the month: http://www.badart.com/tulipbutt.html

Andrew Barss

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
shavings <shav...@my-deja.com> wrote:

: bob3...@my-deja.com wrote:
: > All considering placing an order with William
: > Alden or their related websites should be advised
: > that the company is on the verge of filing
: > bankruptcy.

: And you have verifiable proof of these statements?

It's quite interesting that the original (anonymous) poster seems to
have vaporized.

I would imagine that if he/she works for a competitor, and
is spreading false rumors with the intent to damage
WA's business, this would constitute interstate fraud.

-- Andrew Barss

Waterworks International Corporation

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00

> : And you have verifiable proof of these statements?
>

> It's quite interesting that the original (anonymous) poster seems to
> have vaporized.
>
> I would imagine that if he/she works for a competitor, and
> is spreading false rumors with the intent to damage
> WA's business, this would constitute interstate fraud.
>
> -- Andrew Barss

Do a power search on deja.com. Those two posts are the only posts he's ever
made...

Larry Jaques

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 20:34:59 GMT, shavings <shav...@my-deja.com>
spake thusly:

>Cool URL of the month: http://www.badart.com/tulipbutt.html

ROTFLMtbO! Good one, John.

I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com
--Socrates + Typesetting-Graphics-Internet

Larry Jaques

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
On Sat, 03 Jun 2000 03:17:11 GMT, John Gunterman
<webm...@shavings.net> spake thusly:

>> ROTFLMtbO! Good one, John.
>
>Now Larry, don't go spoiling it for the rest of them...
>They need to find it on their own if they are so inclined
>(That is half the fun ;-)

It's a good thing the URL wasn't a clue.

John Gunterman

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00

Woodright1

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
he only answers his own postings when he right. they are effectively out of
business

Mickeyman65

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Wow! You really are an insider there Bob! I'm glad you told me about Alden's
bankrupcy. I just ordered a $300 miter saw table that arrived in two days
Should I send it back? I don't know about Alden's future. I can tell anyone
who has an open mind that I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of tools and
never have I been disappointed. I live in NY and WV and have no employment or
other commercial ties with Alden.

Brent Beal

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Ok, are they up or down?
Does most of the problems mentioned here on this matter have to do
with the problems Delta was having during their consolidation or what?
No one has really stated anything more than hype based off of one
post.
I can understand them not filling backorders if Delta is slow getting
orders filled after their move.
SO, can someone please state fact on this matter!?

John Gunterman

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00

Brent Beal wrote:

> SO, can someone please state fact on this matter!?

Why not call them directly and ask?

Pete

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
I don't care what any of you say or do to down grade Alden's. When I want
something I'm going to go ahead and buy from them and ignore your slams
about them. They've always treated me well and that's all I ask of them.

"Brent Beal" <bmr...@hickory.net> wrote in message

> Ok, are they up or down?
> Does most of the problems mentioned here on this matter have to do
> with the problems Delta was having during their consolidation or what?
> No one has really stated anything more than hype based off of one
> post.
> I can understand them not filling backorders if Delta is slow getting
> orders filled after their move.

George

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
A quick trip to their site http://www.williamalden.com/index2.html will let
you know they are not filling backorders. That is a matter of fact. Why?

There have been a lot of statements made by both sides, but the reality of
limiting orders (Delta or not) to stock on hand is a bit unusual.

If only there were as few defenders of WmAlden and Jesada as of Delta, the
thread would certainly be shorter.

Charles Self

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
George writes:

>There have been a lot of statements made by both sides, but the reality of
>limiting orders (Delta or not) to stock on hand is a bit unusual.
>
>If only there were as few defenders of WmAlden and Jesada as of Delta, the
>thread would certainly be shorter.

I've wondered for some time why so many are so quick to jump all over Delta's
case. Obviously, someone (probably a bunch of someones) made a misjudgment on
the time it would take to make the move from PA to TN, and to consolidate space
with Porter-Cable. From what I've seen and heard, they're doing the best they
can. And this is a company with decade after decade after decade of
top-of-the-line customer service, much of which still does continue today. Yet
people have leaped on them as an absolute example of the worst that is every
likely to happen.

Amazes me. Dismays me, too.

Charlie Self
Word Worker

LRod

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
In article <20000604164126...@ng-bk1.aol.com>,
charl...@aol.com (Charles Self) wrote:

> And this is a company with decade after decade after decade of
> top-of-the-line customer service, much of which still does continue
> today. Yet people have leaped on them as an absolute example of the
> worst that is every likely to happen.

The records are full of companies that had decade after decade after
decade of top-of-the-line customer service and still went belly up. The
past is not a reliable indicator of the future in business.

LRod

chrisb...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2015, 10:43:19 PM4/11/15
On Tuesday, May 30, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, bob3...@my-deja.com wrote:
> All considering placing an order with William
> Alden or their related websites should be advised
> that the company is on the verge of filing
> bankruptcy. Right now they have served their
> vendors with notice that they are in financial
> trouble, and urge them to accept an offer of 30
> cents on the dollar for the amounts owed.
> Otherwise the company will have to go forward
> with filing bankruptcy and you may get nothing.
>
> They also advised that they have sold their
> building and are renting it back from the
> purchaser to continue operations, They have
> provided this half ass accounting of where all
> the proceeds from the sale went, claiming none
> went to family who owns the company.
>
> Bottom line - Most all vendors will not ship to
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

In hindsight, I really, really regret dumping my amazon.com stock in a panicked response to Bob's expert insight back in 2000. BTW, anyone know what happened to William Alden?

John McCoy

Apr 12, 2015, 9:49:49 AM4/12/15
chrisb...@gmail.com wrote in

> BTW, anyone
> know what happened to William Alden?

Got curious and Googled it. Unfortunately, it seems there is
a writer for the financial press named "William Alden", and
searching for "William Alden Bankruptcy" just returns dozens
of articles he's written on various other struggling firms.

John

DerbyDad03

Apr 12, 2015, 7:39:12 PM4/12/15
DAGS on

william alden tool co

There's not a lot of information about the company itself, but there are a few hits from other forums mentioning the name. Some note that was a catalog company based in Boston MA. It may have had a website for a while, but the link no longer takes you to a "real" website.

This site...

http://members.core.com/~nieling/wood/tools.htm

shows that the website used to be...

http://www.lowpricetools.com/

Posts in other forums simply ask if anyone knows what happened to the company.

DerbyDad03

Apr 12, 2015, 8:03:55 PM4/12/15
I'm not sure if this URL will work for everyone, but for me it shows an apparently vacant building at the address I found listed for the William Alden Co.

Since I can't find any real information on the company itself, it's hard to say if it's been vacant since they went out of business or if it has had subsequent tenants.

http://tinyurl.com/WmAldenToolBldg

The William Alden Co.
27 Stuart St.
Boston, MA 02116
(800) 249-8665

The URL listed for the company doesn't really work:

http://www.williamalden.com/

John McCoy

Apr 13, 2015, 5:41:08 PM4/13/15
DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> wrote in

> On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 9:49:49 AM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:
>> chrisb...@gmail.com wrote in
>>
>> > BTW, anyone
>> > know what happened to William Alden?
>>
>> Got curious and Googled it. Unfortunately, it seems there is
>> a writer for the financial press named "William Alden", and
>> searching for "William Alden Bankruptcy" just returns dozens
>> of articles he's written on various other struggling firms.
>>
>> John
>
> DAGS on
>
> william alden tool co
>
> There's not a lot of information about the company itself, but there
> are a few hits from other forums mentioning the name. Some note that
> was a catalog company based in Boston MA. It may have had a website
> for a while, but the link no longer takes you to a "real" website.

Yeah, I found a lot of that stuff, that's why I tried to narrow
in on the bankruptcy. Only to discover it didn't work :-)

John