Milw. Vintage Orbital Sander

Bob Villa

Jun 23, 2017, 9:52:07 PM6/23/17
Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or Google for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/BenDarrenBach/MilwSndr_zpstqecwvzq.jpg

Joseph Gwinn

Jun 24, 2017, 11:13:29 AM6/24/17
On Jun 23, 2017, Bob Villa wrote
(in article<5088e129-1bc2-45a9...@googlegroups.com>):
Bob,

You will get more response if you use a different photo posting site - this
one insists that one disable adblocking. Sorry - no can do - would unleash a
deluge.

Joe Gwinn

Message has been deleted

Ed Pawlowski

Jun 24, 2017, 12:18:04 PM6/24/17
On 6/24/2017 11:25 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/y8cy82hf

I have used https://postimage.io/ no ads
I won't go to Tinypic or photobucket because of the ads and crap.

Bob Villa

Jun 24, 2017, 5:11:47 PM6/24/17
On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 10:13:29 AM UTC-5, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
https://s23.postimg.org/qobrg6wa3/Milw_Sndr.jpg

dadiOH

Jun 24, 2017, 6:05:36 PM6/24/17

"Bob Villa" <pheeh...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay or
> Google for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?
>
> http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x430/BenDarrenBach/MilwSndr_zpstqecwvzq.jpg

It is a half sheet finishing sander. I have one made by PorterCable long
ago; it is a most excellent machine. They are occasionally available on
ebay and now sell for around $150 and up which is more than the original
price. If your machine functions in an equivalent manner, it could be worth
the same; trouble is, the PC 505 has a reputation, yours does not AFAIK.
https://www.ebay.com/b/PORTER-CABLE-Finishing-Detail-Sanders/43594/bn_7835126

Electric Comet

Jun 27, 2017, 1:05:54 PM6/27/17
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 18:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Villa <pheeh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Found this at a garage sale for a dollar. I don't find much on eBay
> or Google for a value. The model is 6006. Is it worth much?

worth is in the eye of the beholder

but really if it works and you can use it then maybe it is the best
deal ever

are you in the business of buying and selling or just trying to appease
a case of buyer remorse

a bad case if you spent only a dollar

Bob Villa

Jun 28, 2017, 2:04:16 PM6/28/17
The tag said "poor condition $1"...how could there be any remorse? I'll start my own tool museum if nothing else!

Electric Comet

Jun 28, 2017, 5:57:22 PM6/28/17
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 11:04:09 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Villa <pheeh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The tag said "poor condition $1"...how could there be any remorse?
> I'll start my own tool museum if nothing else!

that is funny and i wonder if it went unsold and the price made it all the
way down to 1 buck

usually you only put a sign up for poor condition if the price is higher

Bob Villa

Jun 28, 2017, 8:02:49 PM6/28/17
...you're putting too much thought into this. This was a 2-day garage sale and the 1st day. I don't think the old feller wanted to shaft anyone, plain and simple.