4-Way Pressure Clamping System

Michael

Sep 5, 2017, 1:17:02 PM9/5/17
https://www.woodcraft.com/products/woodriver-clamping-system

Has anyone tried these? I can get four fairly cheaply but I don't want to waste money.

I checked the reviews and they are generally good.

Thanks,

Mike

Leon

Sep 5, 2017, 4:17:49 PM9/5/17
You can do better with scraps, and c-clamps. Now if you like this
kind'a stuff go for it.

woodchucker

Sep 5, 2017, 4:20:26 PM9/5/17
I have the older style.
I like them but, they are clumsy to setup, and don't always keep the
panels aligned perfectly. You have to coax panels to line up, they won't
pull them lined up. That might be because of the time it takes to get
the clamps ready, the glue is setting.

I use them when I need them. Not all the time, sometimes I'll just do a
set of clamps instead.

--
Jeff

John S

Sep 5, 2017, 5:07:46 PM9/5/17

--
>>Jeff

I found them to be a pain to use and the result was not worth the effort.
I think they are still sitting on a storage shelf somewhere. I just went
back
to using bar clamps across the panels and, if needed, a small clamp across
the joint at the end to ensure alignment.
John

Spalted Walt

Sep 5, 2017, 5:48:21 PM9/5/17
I'll just leave this here for the OP.
(because "This time it is Perfect!") ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev-yPAQu4I0

Leon

Sep 5, 2017, 6:25:54 PM9/5/17
Oh Jeez,, Not that one again. LOL

k...@notreal.com

Sep 5, 2017, 10:09:32 PM9/5/17

Michael

Sep 6, 2017, 12:14:52 PM9/6/17
Thanks for all the great info. Looks like I'll pass on these.

Mike