What kind of nail gun?

Michael

Jan 19, 2017, 10:51:09 PM1/19/17
I'm taking the flooring out of my front room, laying down 3/4 inch plywood and 1/4 inch cement board, and then tile. I want to use a nail gun to build additional 2 X 4 supports for screwing down the plywood. I don't need the Cadillac of nail guns, but I would like one that I can use on other building projects in the future for 2 X 4 framing, maybe building a porch or shed or somethng like that. I have a 33 gallon air compressor that I'll use with this gun. So what are the recommendations? Thanks, Mike

Leon

Jan 20, 2017, 5:09:31 AM1/20/17
Bostitch framing nail gun.

Just Another Joe

Jan 20, 2017, 7:06:08 AM1/20/17
In article
<913428207.506599525.499...@news.giganews.com>,
Michael,

I'd have to agree with Leon.

The Bostitch line is a happy medium of price & quality.

I have had their framer, finish nailer, and brad nailer for years with
only one minor hiccup. The trigger valve on the brad nailer went tits
up on me some years ago. The local hardware store (a Bostitch dealer)
had the part in stock for $25, and 20 minutes later I was back in
business.

Joe

Doug Miller

Jan 20, 2017, 8:22:13 AM1/20/17
Michael <michael...@gmail.com> wrote in
I've been very happy with my Porter-Cable FM350A, nine years and still going strong.

Electric Comet

Jan 21, 2017, 12:58:17 PM1/21/17
On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 19:51:07 -0800 (PST)
Michael <michael...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm taking the flooring out of my front room, laying down 3/4 inch
> plywood and 1/4 inch cement board, and then tile. I want to use a
> nail gun to build additional 2 X 4 supports for screwing down the

palm nailer
bought a 20 dollar hf for putting up hardy backer board

having never used a palm nailer it was an excellent experience

could not have done that solo without that palm nailer

no problem driving 16 penny nails or 6 penny

and once you get used to it and set the pressure correct for the
material you will not see any sign of nailing except the nail

-MIKE-

Jan 21, 2017, 1:16:58 PM1/21/17
I bought a Hitachi a few years back when it was on sale and I was
pleasantly surprised.
Not only does it perform very well, but it is also surprisingly light.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--