Antique replicas and restoration

John Matt Dorn

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

The Renaissance Man
Walter Herbert Haney, M.F.A.
Master Crafted Furniture & Cabinetry
Museum Quality Reproductions & Restoration
130 S. Mechanic St. (Corner of S. Mechanic & Cherry Sts.)
Pendleton, South Carolina 29670
Tel. (864) 646-8862
Fax (864) 646-5596
e-mail = zen...@sprintmail.com

Offered at The Renaissance Man:
-Master Crafted Colonial & Shaker Reproduction Furniture
-Period Antique Restoration
-Hand Rubbed Oil Finishes
-Custom Bookcases & Cabinetry
-Entertainment Centers
-Picture Frames Repaired (Gesso, Gold Leaf)
-Distinctive Design Service
-Fireplace Mantles Crafted
-Cradles & Nanny's Benches
-Corner Cupboards & Step Back Hutches
-Any Repairs or Furniture You Think
Impossible to Undertake
-We Ship All Over The United States

Walter Haney, M.F.A. is a classically trained fine artist, but he also
apprenticed to Theodore Roszak, one of the leading figures of Bauhaus
design,
and is the great grandson of Quaker cabinet maker, Nahasen Knechel. He
is
proud to carry on a family tradition of fine furniture design and
creation.

Located in historic Pendleton, South Carolina, in the town's oldest
commercial structure, Haney's workshop is filled with corner cupboards,
step
back hutches, blanket chests, hand carved jewelry boxes and myriad other
pieces, all made using traditional techniques.

Haney maintains an extensive photographic portfolio illustrating decades
of
works completed, and undertakes commissions of all kinds, some of which
he
constructs on site in clients' homes. He receives pieces to be restored
from
all over the United States, and ships furniture direct to your home.

He lovingly restores by hand period antiques damaged by time, fire or
neglect, using his own hand rubbed oil finishes. He refurbishes precious
heirlooms other restorers have deemed irreparable.

If you have been searching in vain for a massive hardwood table, a
19th-century baby's cradle, a pencil post bed, a fine gun case, an
elegant
box for collectibles, or any other piece of furniture not available in
today's mass market showrooms, let The Renaissance Man create a design
and
render the piece according to your specifications.

Education:
B.F.A., School of Visual Arts, NYC, NY
Pratt Institure, Brooklyn, NY
M.F.A., Cal Arts, Valencia, CA

Haney's work is in these collections:
Museum of Modern Art--sculpture
American Museum, London, England--etchings
Smithsonian Institute--architectural photographs
Monserrat School of Art--retrospective exhibit
O.K. Harris Works of Art, NYC--sculpture

John Matt Dorn

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

John Matt Dorn

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

John Matt Dorn

Jan 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/19/97

Larry Jaques

Jan 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/20/97

John Matt Dorn <zen...@sprintmail.com> wrote:

>The Renaissance Man
>Walter Herbert Haney, M.F.A.
>Master Crafted Furniture & Cabinetry
>Museum Quality Reproductions & Restoration

Blatant advertising on USENET groups is neither appreciated nor legal.
Kindly cease and desist immediately.

I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com/ljaques
--Socrates + lja...@diversify.com

bquin...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 11:08:23 AM4/11/18
He’s no longer in Pendleton. But I hear he is still repairing antiques. Do you know where he is? How I can reach him?

Puckdropper

Apr 11, 2018, 6:21:17 PM4/11/18
bquin...@gmail.com wrote in

> He’s no longer in Pendleton. But I hear he is still repairing
> antiques. Do you know where he is? How I can reach him?

Tell us who you're talking about. Just like the observer effect, the very
fact that you're asking about someone might change your dead trail into a
live one.

If we only knew who "he" is.

Puckdropper

DerbyDad03

Apr 11, 2018, 8:42:21 PM4/11/18
On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 6:21:17 PM UTC-4, Puckdropper wrote:
> bquin...@gmail.com wrote in
>
> > He’s no longer in Pendleton. But I hear he is still repairing
> > antiques. Do you know where he is? How I can reach him?
>
> Tell us who you're talking about. Just like the observer effect, the very
> fact that you're asking about someone might change your dead trail into a
> live one.
>
> If we only knew who "he" is.
>
> Puckdropper

It's right there is the original 1997 post:

Leon

Apr 12, 2018, 10:01:01 AM4/12/18
That info does not show up for many of us.

DerbyDad03

Apr 12, 2018, 5:45:06 PM4/12/18
Another advantage of Google Groups: Time Travel

k...@notreal.com

Apr 12, 2018, 9:25:25 PM4/12/18
Advantage?

Scott Lurndal

Apr 13, 2018, 9:48:31 AM4/13/18
Another? What's the first?

Sonny

Apr 13, 2018, 9:52:45 AM4/13/18
On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 10:08:23 AM UTC-5, bquin...@gmail.com wrote:
> He’s no longer in Pendleton. But I hear he is still repairing antiques. Do you know where he is? How I can reach him?

Appears, he's in Salem, Sc., probably retired.

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/address/po-box-417_salem-sc-29676... and from the "See Details" link, the below link.

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/hanley-h-walter_id_G7307511149898731102

Sonny

Sonny

Apr 13, 2018, 10:06:55 AM4/13/18

Puckdropper

Apr 13, 2018, 2:32:22 PM4/13/18
sc...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in news:My2AC.17029$c03.10240
@fx18.iad:
It's not AOL and it's not September?

DerbyDad03

Apr 13, 2018, 3:04:05 PM4/13/18
Complete portability with automatic syncing across all devices.

Scott Lurndal

Apr 13, 2018, 3:17:20 PM4/13/18
I've had that since I started reading usenet in 1989, in fact
I'm still using (an updated version of) the same client.

DerbyDad03

Apr 13, 2018, 3:45:33 PM4/13/18
On Friday, April 13, 2018 at 3:17:20 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
> DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> writes:

> >> Another? What's the first?
> >
> >Complete portability with automatic syncing across all devices.
>
> I've had that since I started reading usenet in 1989, in fact
> I'm still using (an updated version of) the same client.

The mere fact that you have a "client" installed seems to indicate that you don't have
complete portability and syncing across all devices.

If you walked into my office and I handed you the keyboard to my locked-down corporate PC,
could you access the wRec and have the threads be up to date as far as read/unread?
Could you do that in a hotel business center where you don't have admin rights? Could you do
it on SWMBO's smart phone? Your 3rd cousin's iPad?

That's my definition of complete portability and syncing across all devices.

Scott Lurndal

Apr 13, 2018, 5:19:42 PM4/13/18
DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> writes:
>On Friday, April 13, 2018 at 3:17:20 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>> DerbyDad03 <teama...@eznet.net> writes:

>> >Complete portability with automatic syncing across all devices.
>>
>> I've had that since I started reading usenet in 1989, in fact
>> I'm still using (an updated version of) the same client.
>
>The mere fact that you have a "client" installed seems to indicate that you don't have
>complete portability and syncing across all devices.

That's not at all the case. I can access my client directly from
any device anywhere - don't need a specialized client, just a
browser or a telnet/ssh client (preinstalled on pretty much every
computer system, and available for ios and androide).

DerbyDad03

Apr 13, 2018, 5:27:00 PM4/13/18
By "available for" does that you mean have to install it before it can
be used? Just curious.

Scott Lurndal

Apr 13, 2018, 5:28:56 PM4/13/18
If ssh/telnet aren't there, a browser (chrome, firefox, safari, ie, edge) always will be.

Casper

Apr 14, 2018, 4:18:05 PM4/14/18
>On Friday, April 13, 2018 at 9:48:31 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
>That's not at all the case. I can access my client directly from
>any device anywhere - don't need a specialized client, just a
>browser or a telnet/ssh client (preinstalled on pretty much every
>computer system, and available for ios and androide).

Corporate environemnts are more restricted now than in 1989 and deny
access to many websites, usenet, and outbound/ssh. Allowing access
violates security policies and opens holes for potential breeches. All
depends on the policies of the company, corporation or organization.

Scott Lurndal

Apr 14, 2018, 9:03:40 PM4/14/18
vpn, then.

DerbyDad03