Anyone Need Parts from Old Rockwell 1/2" Drill?

wallybl...@hotmail.com

Feb 14, 2006, 10:10:11 PM2/14/06
I got an old Rockwell 378 drill - same as model 634/635. This is the
old single-speed beast with the D-handle on the back that will rip your
arm off if you get it hung up! Anyway, I took it apart and cleaned it
up, re-lubed gear reduction unit, etc. Ran pretty sweet until the
field coil I forgot to put the screws back in turned in the housing,
shorted, and burnt open! @&$#*!

Pretty much everything but the field coil is good - e-mail if you need
parts. Pricing will be very reasonable (but will double for any smart
remarks about what happened ;).

Thanks,
Wally

Tom Turnbaugh

Oct 19, 2015, 9:44:05 AM10/19/15
replying to wallyblackburn, Tom Turnbaugh wrote:
I need a power cord for a 378R

Martin Eastburn

Oct 19, 2015, 9:31:05 PM10/19/15
Get the motor fixed or replace it. Simple as that.
Martin

John McCoy

Oct 20, 2015, 10:53:13 AM10/20/15
Martin Eastburn <lion...@consolidated.net> wrote in
Since Wally posted about his drill in 2006, I'm going to
guess that he no longer has it available, either to supply
parts or to repair the motor.

Y'know, looking up the date on these ancient posts is not
hard work. I dunno why folk can't do it before they post.

John

Ed Pawlowski

Oct 20, 2015, 11:16:14 AM10/20/15
On 10/20/2015 10:50 AM, John McCoy wrote:

> Y'know, looking up the date on these ancient posts is not
> hard work. I dunno why folk can't do it before they post.
>
> John

Sometimes it seems the date does not show up. Do you make it a habit to
check the date on every post you read/reply to?

Scott Lurndal

Oct 20, 2015, 11:32:48 AM10/20/15
Surely that depends on the client software. Mine only shows articles
posted since the last time I accessed the newsgroup, making it impossible
to accidentally reply to a decade-old post.

Google news, on the other hand, forgot about human interface design
when creating their replacement for dejanews.

Leon

Oct 20, 2015, 12:31:37 PM10/20/15
And regardless, what does it hurt. It will educate someone whether the
post is ancient or new.

John McCoy

Oct 20, 2015, 3:41:12 PM10/20/15
Ed Pawlowski <e...@snet.net> wrote in news:4NqdnWTLhrEnx7vLnZ2dnUU7-K-
dn...@giganews.com:

> Sometimes it seems the date does not show up. Do you make it a habit to
> check the date on every post you read/reply to?

Only for the ones which look suspiciously old.

I find it amusing when someone tries to answer a decade old
question, where the original asker has undoubtably either
solved it or given up expecting an answer years ago. But
I would have thought people would prefer not to provide
that amusement.

John

alpeng...@gmail.com

May 15, 2016, 2:49:15 AM5/15/16
Hi I need the switch handle and a brush cover. I live in Homer, Alaska so let me know how much you would like for the parts. My zip code is 99603 so check the frieght. Thanks

jack

Apr 27, 2017, 5:14:05 PM4/27/17
replying to wallyblackburn, jack wrote:
do you still have this? if so I would buy it for parts. I need a start switch

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/anyone-need-parts-from-old-rockwell-1-2-drill-80199-.htm

Unknown

Apr 27, 2017, 7:16:36 PM4/27/17
jack <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef...@example.com> wrote in

> replying to wallyblackburn, jack wrote:
> do you still have this? if so I would buy it for parts. I need a start
> switch

Hi jack,

If you'd post a new thread, describing what you need we might be able to
help. Most of us can't see the message you're replying to, our
newsreaders don't go back far enough.

Homeowners Hub doesn't actually run a forum in the traditional sense, 99%
of its content comes from a medium called Usenet. Most of us are
accessing Usenet and Homeowners Hub is just posting that content on their
site.

Now that you understand that, I'd like to invite you to join in! We love
talking about woodworking and woodworking tools, so if that's your cup of
tea you'll fit right in.

Puckdropper

Sonny

Apr 27, 2017, 9:10:44 PM4/27/17
On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 6:16:36 PM UTC-5, nor...@googlegroups.com wrote:
> jack <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef...@example.com> wrote in
>
> > replying to wallyblackburn, jack wrote:
> > do you still have this? if so I would buy it for parts. I need a start
> > switch
> >

> Hi jack,
>
> If you'd post a new thread, describing what you need we might be able to
> help. Most of us can't see the message you're replying to, our
> newsreaders don't go back far enough.

> Puckdropper

Puck, here's the original post, as I see it.

wallybl...@hotmail.com

2/14/06

Sonny

Apr 27, 2017, 9:21:52 PM4/27/17
Jack, there's one on Ebay.... seems kinna pricey, but states it's clean and in good shape.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-Rockwell-Model-378-Spade-Handle-1-2-Corded-Drill-Electric-USA-/282432892056?hash=item41c24fec98:g:h84AAOSw3v5YoTMV

Sonny