What is it? (Amateur version Post #17)

Larry Flynn

Dec 9, 2017, 9:18:48 PM12/9/17
Here is another post in my amateur “What is it?” tool thread. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox.
L. Flynn

POST17_TOOL65. This wooden and metal tool is 7 inches long. A 1¼ inch diameter wheel is attached to one end. The wheel can rotate freely and its rim is ridged. I have hidden the manufacturer’s name and city but will give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvgq890cyp03gna/POST17_TOOL65_PICALLH.jpg?dl=0

POST17_TOOL66. This wooden and metal tool is 9 inches long. The business end is 2½ inches wide and ends in six sharp 1-inch metal spikes. The tips of some of the spikes have broken. There is a manufacturer’s name and model number stamped into the metal. I have hidden them but will give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/06hz81f1a1owxpi/POST17_TOOL66_PICALLH.jpg?dl=0

POST17_TOOL67. This metal tool is in the pliers’ family. The jaws range from 1½ inches when fully open to ¼ inch fully closed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi20et1k2izb6if/POST17_TOOL67_PICALL.jpg?dl=0

POST17_TOOL68. This metal and wooden tool is approximately 15 inches long. The metal part is twisted and shaped to form two hearts. The wire is stiff with little flexibility – ½-inch displacement with 5 lbs. perpendicular pressure at the top.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0gk8oi3tliwxi8/POST17_TOOL68_PICALL.jpg?dl=0

Sonny

Dec 9, 2017, 9:40:38 PM12/9/17
On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 8:18:48 PM UTC-6, Larry Flynn wrote:

> POST17_TOOL65. Screen spline setter/wheel
>
> POST17_TOOL66. Similar to a (jute) webbing stretcher. Don't know.

> POST17_TOOL67. Cockatiel pliers

> POST17_TOOL68. Rug beater

Sonny

Iggy

Dec 10, 2017, 10:14:05 AM12/10/17
replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote:
1 - Maybe a Screening Spline Roller, but I've never seen them toothed (not a
sewing delimiter, leather stitch marker, pie crimper or ravioli cutter). 2 -
Maybe a Carpet Weaving or Knitting Comb. 3 - Battery Terminal Pliers. 4 - Rug
Beater.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/what-is-it-amateur-version-post-17-812882-.htm

Iggy

Dec 11, 2017, 9:14:07 AM12/11/17
replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote:
I just remembered what #1 is, it's a Stitch Wheel Roller for interior tire
patches.

Larry Flynn

Dec 12, 2017, 7:25:02 PM12/12/17
On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 9:18:48 PM UTC-5, Larry Flynn wrote:
> Here is another post in my amateur “What is it?” tool thread. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox.
> L. Flynn
>
> POST17_TOOL65. This wooden and metal tool is 7 inches long. A 1¼ inch diameter wheel is attached to one end. The wheel can rotate freely and its rim is ridged. I have hidden the manufacturer’s name and city but will give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvgq890cyp03gna/POST17_TOOL65_PICALLH.jpg?dl=0
>
> POST17_TOOL66. This wooden and metal tool is 9 inches long. The business end is 2½ inches wide and ends in six sharp 1-inch metal spikes. The tips of some of the spikes have broken. There is a manufacturer’s name and model number stamped into the metal. I have hidden them but will give them as hints if the tool is not identified without them.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/06hz81f1a1owxpi/POST17_TOOL66_PICALLH.jpg?dl=0

Hints: Briddel No. 60

Larry Flynn

Dec 14, 2017, 8:57:36 PM12/14/17
All but one have been identified.
Tool65 Everhard Tire Patch Stitcher (Can also be used for Leather craft)
Tool66 Brindell No. 60 Ice Shaver Pick
Tool67 Battery Pliers
Tool68 Rug Beater/Cleaner

Iggy

Dec 14, 2017, 10:44:08 PM12/14/17
replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote:
Oh, an Ice Shaver Pick...nice one. Yeah, I didn't know that one nor even guess
close.

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Dec 15, 2017, 8:04:59 AM12/15/17

>replying to Larry Flynn, Iggy wrote:
>Oh, an Ice Shaver Pick...nice one.
>Yeah, I didn't know that one nor even guess close.

November 2004 archive "What Is It" by Rob has an ice-pick-tool -
a subsequent google search revealed scads of them -
whole web sites dedicated to them ! Who knew !

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.ca/2004/07/

What ever happened to Rob ?
I really enjoyed his puzzlers.

Also - check out his other blogs here :