Respirator recommendations?

Gramps' shop

Dec 5, 2016, 3:00:38 PM12/5/16
I need a respirator for applying epoxy and subsequent use with other solvents. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Larry

Mike Marlow

Dec 5, 2016, 4:27:45 PM12/5/16
I always recommend a respirator that will filter organics. Anything
less than positive pressure is going to be less effective, but 3M does
sell a pretty good strap on mask for organics. You have to reseal it in
the air tight bag when you're done with it because it's only good for
about 8 hours of in air use, but they do work well and are affordable.
I think they are around $30 at autobody supply houses.

--
-Mike-
mmarlo...@windstream.net

---

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Dec 5, 2016, 7:24:27 PM12/5/16

>> I need a respirator for applying epoxy and subsequent use with other solvents. Any recommendations?
>> Thanks,
>> Larry
>>

>I always recommend a respirator that will filter organics. Anything
>less than positive pressure is going to be less effective, but 3M does
>sell a pretty good strap on mask for organics. You have to reseal it in
>the air tight bag when you're done with it because it's only good for
>about 8 hours of in air use, but they do work well and are affordable.
>I think they are around $30 at autobody supply houses.

3M and North are two major brands.
Consider the price and availability of replacement cartridges when
choosing the mask.
Here's a web link http://www.coopersafety.com/respirators.aspx
- not a recommendation for buying there - but for info.
John T.

Trenbidia

Dec 5, 2016, 8:03:56 PM12/5/16
On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 12:00:34 -0800, Gramps' shop wrote:

> I need a respirator for applying epoxy and subsequent use with other
> solvents. Any recommendations?

I bought a 3M one at Home Depot for about $25-$40 but I'm not where I can
easily find the model number. But it can be fitted with several levels
of dust filter plus organic vapors cartridges. I've had mine for 2-3
years now and I'm happy with it.

--
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Electric Comet

Dec 6, 2016, 1:29:40 PM12/6/16
On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:00:34 -0800 (PST)
"Gramps' shop" <lawrence....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need a respirator for applying epoxy and subsequent use with other
> solvents. Any recommendations?

how well ventilated is your space

some of that stuff burns my eyes so my choice was a full face mask
or go outdoors for the smelly stuff

outdoors works but has limits depending on the stuff you are working
with and temps