Bowl Sanding kit

Dr. Deb

Oct 21, 2016, 9:55:09 AM10/21/16
I know I am doing a "no no" in posting to more than one group, but thought there might be some here who were not on "rec.crafts.woodturning."

Peachtree has a special on bowl sanding kits

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_102116_bowl_sanding.htm

If you are needing new, or additional, sanding mandrels, its not a bad deal.

Deb

Sonny

Oct 21, 2016, 2:49:28 PM10/21/16
On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 8:55:09 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:
> .... thought there might be some here who were not on "rec.crafts.woodturning."
>
> Peachtree has a special on bowl sanding kits
>
> http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_102116_bowl_sanding.htm

I think most of my projects fall into the category of crafts. I like curves, more so than straight cuts or edges. I have been using a cylinder type mandrel and it's not too efficient for some curves. Those bowl sanders may work better, than my cylinder mandrel.

First 2 pics:
Cylinder mandrel; One is a (custom) threaded rod (stem), to reach further, in some cases.
And the latest rocker project (It's getting there. One rocker remains to be made.), where that bowl sander probably would have been better for sanding some areas.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?

Sonny

G. Ross

Oct 21, 2016, 4:12:55 PM10/21/16
A man after my own heart! Nothing flimsy there. My wife said that if
a tornado struck, the house may be blown away but my projects would
still be sitting there.

--
GW Ross

No amount of genius can overcome a