European hinge help needed

mosk...@yahoo.com

Feb 17, 2007, 5:09:47 PM2/17/07
I have 17 yr old Techline furniture that was put together with the
European hinges. These are small and the door hinge fits into a 25 mm
diameter hole. The mounting plate is broken and I am having a hard
time replacing it. Cabinetparts.com thought it was a Hettich hinge -
having seen it but I am having trouble finding the replacement on the
Hettich site. Perhaps not a Hettich - there is a circle with a
triangle in it - does anyone know if that relates to some other
brand? THere are numbers, probably production numbers on the
mounting plate - 4176/77 and also 114. I am looking for replacement
hinge or just the mounting part. Can someone suggest some options? I
do not want to drill a larger hole in the door for a standard 35mm
hinge

alan

mosk...@yahoo.com

Feb 17, 2007, 5:10:07 PM2/17/07

mosk...@yahoo.com

Feb 17, 2007, 5:10:11 PM2/17/07

Tim W

Feb 17, 2007, 5:54:01 PM2/17/07

<mosk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Two other major european suppliers are Blum and Hafele. The circle with a
triangle _may_ indicate which way round the plate should be fixed.

Tim w

Tim W

Feb 17, 2007, 6:09:39 PM2/17/07

<mosk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have 17 yr old Techline furniture that was put together with the
> European hinges. These are small and the door hinge fits into a 25 mm
> diameter hole. The mounting plate is broken ...
...not want to drill a larger hole in the door for a standard 35mm
> hinge

Although if you buy any new mini-hinge for a 25mm hole you could easily fit
the matching new mounting plates I expect.

Tim W

Carolyn

Jun 24, 2017, 11:14:10 PM6/24/17
replying to moskowa1, Carolyn wrote:
I have the same problem with a hinge with the same number on the plate. It was
original to a Copenhagen teak cabinet purchased 30+ years ago.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/european-hinge-help-needed-366137-.htm

DerbyDad03

Jun 25, 2017, 8:45:49 AM6/25/17
On Saturday, June 24, 2017 at 11:14:10 PM UTC-4, Carolyn wrote:
> replying to moskowa1, Carolyn wrote:
> I have the same problem with a hinge with the same number on the plate. It was
> original to a Copenhagen teak cabinet purchased 30+ years ago.

While the original post is from 2007, it sounds like your problem is more
current.

I found this site yesterday and sent them pictures of some old hinges that
I would like to replace with new. I just sent the request yesterday therefore
I cannot vouch for their service level at this time. I will mention that
their auto response ended up in my spam folder. If you don't get an auto-
response from them, you may want to add hardwaresource.com to your safe list.

http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinge-resource-center/contact-us/

DerbyDad03

Jun 27, 2017, 11:12:43 PM6/27/17
The gentleman from hardwaresource.com was very responsive to my inquiry about
the hinges I was looking for. His responses to multiple emails were prompt
and informative. I now know the proper way to measure an offset hinge:

"From the center line of the pin to the visible outside front surface of the plate."

I ordered my hinges from them. They earned my business.

Mark

Apr 23, 2018, 8:14:06 AM4/23/18
replying to DerbyDad03, Mark wrote:
Can you share the replacement model number for the hinge?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/e0

hub...@ccanoemail.ca

Apr 23, 2018, 8:40:25 AM4/23/18

, Mark wrote:
>Can you share the replacement model number for the hinge?
>https://www.homeownershub.com/img/e0

I'm sorry - I can only tell the material from your photo -
... it's made of dark matter
John T.

DerbyDad03

Apr 23, 2018, 6:12:36 PM4/23/18