Planing wood isn't rocket science (or is it?)

Spalted Walt

Jun 23, 2017, 10:55:24 AM6/23/17
Friday Folie

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjnyrpBM3rw?rel=0

(no, you can't have your 10 minutes back)

Bill

Jun 23, 2017, 11:58:16 AM6/23/17
You have to admire his determination..

Jack

Jun 24, 2017, 10:41:10 AM6/24/17
Neat, but I'll use my Grizz 15" spiral head, segmented blade planer and
leave the Rocket Science to the Chinese...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com

Leon

Jun 24, 2017, 12:48:21 PM6/24/17
On 6/24/2017 9:41 AM, Jack wrote:
> On 6/23/2017 10:55 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:
>> Friday Folie
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/embed/BjnyrpBM3rw?rel=0
>>
>> (no, you can't have your 10 minutes back)
>>
> Neat, but I'll use my Grizz 15" spiral head, segmented blade planer and
> leave the Rocket Science to the Chinese...

Is that the one you have been using for S I X T Y years? ;~)

Jack

Jun 27, 2017, 12:18:18 PM6/27/17
Most of my stationary tools are over S I X T Y years old, but I've only
owned them for around F O R T Y T W O years. The planer is new, only
about T E N years old.

You're confusing running gas powered equipment for S I X T Y years with
woodworking equipment... A p p l e s...O R A N G E S

Leon

Jun 27, 2017, 12:47:48 PM6/27/17
On 6/27/2017 11:18 AM, Jack wrote:
> On 6/24/2017 12:48 PM, Leon wrote:

>>> Neat, but I'll use my Grizz 15" spiral head, segmented blade planer
>>> and leave the Rocket Science to the Chinese...
>>>

>> Is that the one you have been using for S I X T Y years? ;~)
>
> Most of my stationary tools are over S I X T Y years old, but I've only
> owned them for around F O R T Y T W O years. The planer is new, only
> about T E N years old.
>
> You're confusing running gas powered equipment for S I X T Y years with
> woodworking equipment... A p p l e s...O R A N G E S

Ohhhhhhhhh.....

Electric Comet

Jun 27, 2017, 1:08:47 PM6/27/17
On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:55:14 +0000
Spalted Walt <res...@newsgroup.pls> wrote:

> Friday Folie

folly maybe but then again maybe you are trying to invent a new word

folie a full lie contraction

also i think all the cool kids say rocket surgery now

what planing wood is to me

very very loud

Spalted Walt

Jun 27, 2017, 3:13:56 PM6/27/17
comète électrique <electri...@mail.invalid> tu as écrit:

> folly maybe but then again maybe you are trying to invent a new word
>
> folie a full lie contraction

vendredi folie

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/folie

les nazis de grammaire sont ennuyeux

j'espère que cela t'aides

Jack

Jun 28, 2017, 10:26:05 AM6/28/17
On 6/27/2017 1:08 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

> what planing wood is to me
>
> very very loud

Two common reasons for that:

1. You are not using a hand plane - cool
2. You're planer does not have a spiral, segmented cutter head. - not cool

Electric Comet

Jun 28, 2017, 12:04:47 PM6/28/17
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 10:25:55 -0400
Jack <jbst...@comcast.net> wrote:

> 1. You are not using a hand plane - cool

or using a hand plane very very incorrectly

> 2. You're planer does not have a spiral, segmented cutter head. - not
> cool

correct it is a brute force straight edge and it is mounted perpindicular

if only it was canted at an ever so slight angle it would make a lot of
difference