blade change on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

rdaniel

May 18, 2008, 5:45:47 PM5/18/08
how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

B A R R Y

May 18, 2008, 6:26:46 PM5/18/08
On Sun, 18 May 2008 21:45:47 GMT, "rdaniel" <u43672@uwe> wrote:

>how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

Bosch.com did:

<http://66.77.255.126/MDMCache/t10/0000000/r00058v-1.pdf>

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **

J. Clarke

May 18, 2008, 11:24:45 PM5/18/08
rdaniel wrote:
> how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw

It comes with a 3/16 x 6 inch screwdriver (at least that's what the
one that came with mine measures)--if you've lost that you'll need to
find one like it. There's a hole on the top of the handle in
front--put the screwdriver in that hole and unscrew the screw until
the blade comes loose enough to twist 90 degrees and come out, then
when you put the new blade in you reverse the process and tighten the
screw.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

evodawg

May 18, 2008, 11:54:24 PM5/18/08
J. Clarke wrote:

> rdaniel wrote:
>> how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw
>
> It comes with a 3/16 x 6 inch screwdriver (at least that's what the
> one that came with mine measures)--if you've lost that you'll need to
> find one like it. There's a hole on the top of the handle in
> front--put the screwdriver in that hole and unscrew the screw until
> the blade comes loose enough to twist 90 degrees and come out, then
> when you put the new blade in you reverse the process and tighten the
> screw.

that must be an old one. Mine you push a button and the blade drops out.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

J. Clarke

May 19, 2008, 7:45:15 AM5/19/08
evodawg wrote:
> J. Clarke wrote:
>
>> rdaniel wrote:
>>> how do you change blade on bosch 1581vs jigsaw
>>
>> It comes with a 3/16 x 6 inch screwdriver (at least that's what the
>> one that came with mine measures)--if you've lost that you'll need
>> find one like it. There's a hole on the top of the handle in
>> front--put the screwdriver in that hole and unscrew the screw until
>> the blade comes loose enough to twist 90 degrees and come out, then
>> when you put the new blade in you reverse the process and tighten
>> the
>> screw.
>>
> that must be an old one. Mine you push a button and the blade drops
> out.

1581 is still listed in the current catalog. If yours uses a button
then I'd bet that it's a 1584 or 1587.

Incidentally there's an IPB at
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-1581vs-0601581534-jig-saw-parts-c-128_1098_3098.html
and the last item on the list is the special screwdriver, which you
can order for $4.50 and shipping, but it's a special order item which
they say takes 2 weeks.

evodawg

May 19, 2008, 9:45:31 AM5/19/08
J. Clarke wrote:

> evodawg wrote:
>> J. Clarke wrote:

>>> It comes with a 3/16 x 6 inch screwdriver (at least that's what the
>>> one that came with mine measures)--if you've lost that you'll need
>>> find one like it. There's a hole on the top of the handle in
>>> front--put the screwdriver in that hole and unscrew the screw until
>>> the blade comes loose enough to twist 90 degrees and come out, then
>>> when you put the new blade in you reverse the process and tighten
>>> the
>>> screw.
>>>
>> that must be an old one. Mine you push a button and the blade drops
>> out.
>
> 1581 is still listed in the current catalog. If yours uses a button
> then I'd bet that it's a 1584 or 1587.

I'd have to look

lukman

May 15, 2017, 8:44:05 PM5/15/17
replying to J. Clarke, lukman wrote:
That a flat screwdriver ?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/blade-change-on-bosch-1581vs-jigsaw-425856-.htm

J. Clarke

May 16, 2017, 4:20:52 AM5/16/17
In article <mXrSA.7$Rw...@fx44.am4>, caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85_11085
@example.com says...

> replying to J. Clarke, lukman wrote:
> That a flat screwdriver ?

Wow, another ancient thread resurrected.

Yes, it's a flat-blade screwdriver, of the kind that is the same diameter
all the way down, not the kind where the tip flares out a little bit and
then tapers.

Tom

Aug 10, 2017, 9:14:08 AM8/10/17
replying to J. Clarke, Tom wrote:
Thanks, that is one of the dumbest designs ever. I spent ten minutes looking
at it like a caveman from dawn of creation.

Alex Andrus

Apr 24, 2021, 3:17:43 PM4/24/21
I agree. I inherited this old Bosch jigsaw. the blade changing protocol is the most user-unfriendly design ever

k...@notreal.com

Apr 24, 2021, 8:01:17 PM4/24/21
It must be hard. You're still trying after 3-1/2 years.

Puckdropper

Apr 25, 2021, 12:25:41 AM4/25/21
k...@notreal.com wrote in

> It must be hard. You're still trying after 3-1/2 years.

Gotta love the determination, though!

Puckdropper

Leon

Apr 25, 2021, 5:25:41 PM4/25/21
Until manufacturers followed the method that Milwaukee came out with in
1999 ish, tool free blade changes were too much trouble.

IIRC Bosch and DeWalt both had tool less blade change saws but it was
like trying to crack open a safe to switch blades and the DeWalt's would
simply let go of the blade during a sawing operation.

For my 22 year old Milwaukee you push the lever over and the blade falls
out. Insert a new blade and release the lever.

k...@notreal.com

Apr 25, 2021, 9:44:09 PM4/25/21
On Sun, 25 Apr 2021 16:25:35 -0500, Leon <lcb11211@swbelldotnet>
wrote:
Even Festools do that! ;-)

Mary

May 7, 2022, 4:15:09 PM5/7/22
Perfect! Thank you. Haven't used this equipment sincequipment since my husband died my husband died 30 years ago

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodworking/blade-change-on-bosch-1581vs-jigsaw-425856-.htm