Turned Whistle

Unknown

Jun 24, 2016, 10:16:05 AM6/24/16
http://lumberjocks.com/LateNightOwl/blog/15578

I found this last night looking for a neat lathe project. I've done about
30 tops, and was ready to try something different. This whistle really
works great! Mary Anne's post gave just the right amount of detail to make
things work the first time.

Puckdropper

Leon

Jun 24, 2016, 10:22:39 AM6/24/16
Pretty cool project and a perfect stocking stuffer for the kids.

G. Ross

Jun 24, 2016, 11:39:20 AM6/24/16
Bah! Humbug! I tired of those little whistles so I made a MAN Size
one out of a piece of bamboo. (picture on ABPW) The flat does not
extend to the outside and has a hole drilled into it to the center of
the plug. Then I drilled a hole from the outside center of the plug
to intersect with the other drilled hole. It is attached to my air
line with two valves, the top one to regulate the maximum air flow and
the bottom one made from an air gun to actually blow the whistle. It
sounds like the quitting-time whistle at the cotton mill. I blow it
before walking out of the shop at quitting time.

--
GW Ross

Eye of newt, toe of frog, and a side
order of fries.