Saga of the Long Ranger

G. Ross

Nov 24, 2015, 8:02:42 AM11/24/15
I have used a Long Ranger III to control my dust collector for several
years. Yesterday when I pressed the on button of the remote nothing
happened. So I took the battery out and took it in the house and
tested it--it was dead. I replaced the battery and took it back and
nothing happened when I pushed the button.
So I went out and checked the dust collector and it started up fine
when I plugged it into the outlet. I said to my self, the Long Ranger
has died. Before ordering another one I raised the hood to see what
was fried inside. It looked fine. Then I saw a little black button I
had not noticed before. It said it was to synchronize the remote
signal with the box push the button then press the on or off button
within 5 seconds. I put it all back together, plugged it in and
synchronized the remote. Now it works again.
I surmise that changing the battery changed the remote code.
That battery was the original one and was not even an alkaline battery.

At my age you learn the same things over and over.
--
GW Ross

Why isn't 'phonetically' spelled that
way? --Steven Wright

Leon

Nov 24, 2015, 8:35:54 AM11/24/15
Sometimes, some programed remotes actually hold their settings when you
change the batteries. Good that you found the sync button. BUT it may
have lost sync after the original battery went dead.

DerbyDad03

Nov 24, 2015, 10:12:23 AM11/24/15
Oh, this is about a dust collection system. I thought you were going
to quote Tonto:

"What you mean *we*, pale-face?"

Unknown

Nov 24, 2015, 10:18:20 PM11/24/15
"G. Ross" <gw...@comwest.net> wrote in news:taadnSW7IeN3wsnLnZ2dnUU7-
Ted...@giganews.com:
What are you, 18?

It's just the way our memories work. If we don't use knowledge it either
gets pushed aside or pretty much forgotten. I visited a retro arcade and
it took a couple games before I was back to scoring 80,000+ on Ms Pacman.
(Btw, if you live in Fayetteville AR look it up. $5 entry fee, all games
are free to play. Arkadia Retrocade was the name.)

Now, your memory of this will probably be a little stronger so the next
time your remote forgets the code you'll remember how to restore it.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.