Digital Blue Movie Creator

Eric

May 27, 2003, 11:51:14 PM5/27/03
Hello,

My son has a Digital Blue Movie Creator and I was wondering how, or
if, I can add more animations. I know I can add sound (.wav) files.

I have gone through the folders associated with the application, but
can find no files that jump out at me as being any type of animation.
I have found the sound files that go with the animations, and I can
play them, but the animations themselves are not visible to me. Does
anyone know what type of files they are and how I can add some of my
own?

Thank you for any help.
Eric

Max Volume

May 28, 2003, 12:45:16 AM5/28/03
In article <55065304.03052...@posting.google.com>, Eric
<labdo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My son has a Digital Blue Movie Creator and I was wondering how, or
> if, I can add more animations. I know I can add sound (.wav) files.

What's your SON doing creating Blue Movies??? ;)

James Gifford

May 28, 2003, 12:07:49 PM5/28/03
Eric wrote:
> My son has a Digital Blue Movie Creator...

Someone sells a packaged app to make porn movies? :)

--

|| James Gifford * jgif...@surewest.net ||
|| See www.nitrosyncretic.com for the Heinlein FAQ & more ||

Eric

May 28, 2003, 10:34:01 PM5/28/03
Max Volume <macsv...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<280520030046087340%macsv...@yahoo.com>...

OK, Minds out of the gutter. The thing is made by Intel. It's a kids
video camera that can also capture images. Comes with software that
you can edit footage, add animations and sounds, etc. Is this the
proper forum for asking my original question of how to add new
animations? If this is not the proper newsgroup in which to
post...please let me know where to look. Please be kind in your
response.

Thanks,
Eric

Max Volume

May 28, 2003, 11:58:56 PM5/28/03
In article <3ED4DED5...@surewest.net>, James Gifford
<jgif...@surewest.net> wrote:

> Someone sells a packaged app to make porn movies? :)

I already tried that joke -- no-one even acknowledged it.

Mike Kujbida

May 29, 2003, 7:00:01 AM5/29/03

"Eric" <labdo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Eric;
By animations, I assume you're talking about adding extra video clips
created outside of this unit?
The problem is that this camera appears to be not much more than a fancy
version of the Fisher-Price unit that was out a few years ago. A quick
browse of the specs for it (at
http://playdigitalblue.com/tech_support/dmc/techspecs (if any of you
or-so-helpful folks are interested) shows that it runs at a max of 15 fps
(nominally 10 fps) for the video and 22 kHz audio (nominally 8 or 12 kHz)
and captures at either 320 x 240 or, even worse, at 160 x 120. The imaging
chip on it is only 352 x 288 so these specs are no surprise. It's also
restricted to USB capture. All in all, a very low-end system that is, as
you said, a kid's toy.
Having said all that, it also says in the FAQ that it can import AVIs and
export AVI and WMV files. The tech support page at
http://playdigitalblue.com/tech_support/dmc/use/26/ says that you might be
able to use MovieMaker that ships with XP as a possible editing program.
Alternately, you could try using another editing program you may have as
long as you set the file parameters to match that of the Digital Blue file.
Sorry I can't be of more help that this may help get you started. Good
luck.

Mike Kujbida

Eric

May 29, 2003, 4:01:55 PM5/29/03

> Eric;
> By animations, I assume you're talking about adding extra video clips
> created outside of this unit?
> The problem is that this camera appears to be not much more than a fancy
> version of the Fisher-Price unit that was out a few years ago. A quick
> browse of the specs for it (at
> http://playdigitalblue.com/tech_support/dmc/techspecs (if any of you
> or-so-helpful folks are interested) shows that it runs at a max of 15 fps
> (nominally 10 fps) for the video and 22 kHz audio (nominally 8 or 12 kHz)
> and captures at either 320 x 240 or, even worse, at 160 x 120. The imaging
> chip on it is only 352 x 288 so these specs are no surprise. It's also
> restricted to USB capture. All in all, a very low-end system that is, as
> you said, a kid's toy.
> Having said all that, it also says in the FAQ that it can import AVIs and
> export AVI and WMV files. The tech support page at
> http://playdigitalblue.com/tech_support/dmc/use/26/ says that you might be
> able to use MovieMaker that ships with XP as a possible editing program.
> Alternately, you could try using another editing program you may have as
> long as you set the file parameters to match that of the Digital Blue file.
> Sorry I can't be of more help that this may help get you started. Good
> luck.
>
> Mike Kujbida

Thank you very much for being helpful Mike. I certainly appreciate you
looking into that for me. Yes it is a kids toy...nothing more. I will
see what I can do with it...no "blue movies" though.

Thank you again.

Eric

Henry Falkner

May 31, 2003, 9:33:56 PM5/31/03
> > The problem is that this camera appears to be not much more than a fancy
> > version of the Fisher-Price unit that was out a few years ago. A quick
> > browse of the specs for it (at
> > http://playdigitalblue.com/tech_support/dmc/techspecs (if any of you
> > or-so-helpful folks are interested) shows that it runs at a max of 15
fps
> > (nominally 10 fps) for the video and 22 kHz audio (nominally 8 or 12
kHz)
> > and captures at either 320 x 240 or, even worse, at 160 x 120. The
imaging
> > chip on it is only 352 x 288 so these specs are no surprise. It's also
> > restricted to USB capture. All in all, a very low-end system that is,
as
> > you said, a kid's toy.
> > Having said all that, it also says in the FAQ that it can import AVIs
and
> > export AVI and WMV files. The tech support page at

The first digital still camera (Canon) I saw demonstrated here in New
Zealand had a horizontal resolution of 180 pixels and cost NZ$ 1800.-,
something like US$ 1200.-. I was awfully unpopular at that exhibition when I
said that such a resolution was of no use, not even in a school. I was
scanning photographic prints at the time at an optical resolution of 100
pixels per inch. This gave me 700 x 500 pixels, just about matching the
resolution of the Canon BJC-600 printer with two pictures on an A4 sheet.

Henry