Carnival Cruise Lines - MyDocuments Portal

John Sisker

Jun 9, 2009, 5:25:48 PM6/9/09
To Whom It May Concern:

We received this letter from the Carnival Cruise Lines and thought it may be
of interest to this newsgroup as well.

Smooth sailing to all...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY�
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

June 9, 2009
Dear Travel Agent Partners,

We just wanted to take this opportunity to update you on some important
information regarding cruise documents.

Based on the popularity of Carnival's electronic documents, beginning with
cruise departures of August 25, 2009 and beyond, Carnival will discontinue
the paper version of the cruise travel documents. All guests on sailings
from this date forward will need to use Carnival's MyDocuments portal to
print electronic cruise documents.

Since the vast majority of our guests already use the electronic system, we
are expecting a smooth transition. As an added convenience for your guests
you may print the electronic cruise documents for them at anytime once the
booking is paid in full by simply going to the MyDocuments portal
(accessible at www.carnival.com/mydocuments). This feature will also
provides guests with on-demand access to their Carnival booking, enabling
them to print boarding passes, the terms and conditions of the cruise ticket
contract, luggage tags, and other pertinent information regarding their "Fun
Ship" cruise from any Internet-connected computer.

This "paperless" system provides guests with many conveniences and offers
the same travel documentation and information typically available with
traditional cruise documents. Housed within a secure, easy-to-navigate
Internet portal accessible on a "24/7" basis, the electronic document system
operates in "real time" which ensures that all last-minute changes are
reflected. In addition to the peace-of-mind created by eliminating the wait
for cruise documents to be delivered by mail, this initiative has a positive
impact on the environment. Please be advised that the migration to an
entirely eDocument format applies to both individual and group reservations.

Additional details are below:

August 3 is the last day that paper documents can be ordered for sailings
prior to August 25, 2009.

Cruise documents, which include the terms and conditions of the cruise
ticket contract, may be accessed online after full payment is received and
will require the following information; booking number, last name of the
guest, ship and sail date.

The current terms and conditions of the cruise ticket contract can be viewed
at all times at www.carnival.com.

Guests who purchased FlyAweigh air/sea packages may view their air schedules
within 75 days of their cruise departure date.

Although having printed e-documents will expedite the check-in process
during embarkation, guests may check in at the pier without documents as
their information is contained within Carnival's reservation system.

Electronic documents include printable luggage tags that may be printed in
black and white. If they are not printed, luggage tags are available at the
pier.

This change will provide a more efficient way for our guests to prepare for
their cruise vacation and help us continue our efforts to be more
environmentally friendly.

We appreciate your business and support of this new initiative.

Best Regards,
Lynn C. Torrent
Senior Vice President of Sales and Guest Services
Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival: 800-327-9501 or www.carnival.com

Ed Burke

Jun 9, 2009, 9:42:52 PM6/9/09
Luggage tags printed off computer paper will be a disaster. Tags will easily
rip and be unsecured as they are attached to luggage handles. I for one will
use portside luggage tags as they will be much more durable than computer
paper. Other than that issue, electronic ticketing is a great idea and much
more cost effective.

Bill

Jun 9, 2009, 11:53:10 PM6/9/09

I agree, I don't like the printed paper tags either and always
ask for the sturdier ones, in advance if possible. But plenty of
people use them so I assume they're not the major problem that
we think they are. But it would be nice if they automatically
sent out luggage tags, and left the rest of the stuff online.

BTW, what do they do for people without a computer, or without a
printer (or with a non-working one)?

Bill

George Leppla

Jun 10, 2009, 7:29:26 AM6/10/09

"Bill" <bill...@prodigy.net> wrote

> BTW, what do they do for people without a computer, or without a printer
> (or with a non-working one)?

Your travel agent should be willing to help you with this. I have a few
customers who don't have computers and have been doing their online
pre-cruise registration ever since it began. No big deal.

I have wide, clear packing tape and use that to cover the printed out
luggage tags on the few occasions that I need them. Mostly, it hasn't been
a problem.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

September 19, 2009 Carnival Glory http://www.cruisemaster.com/glory.htm
January 10, 2009 Southern Caribbean
http://www.cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

John Sisker

Jun 10, 2009, 3:50:22 PM6/10/09
"Ed Burke" <unc...@optonline.net> wrote in message

I too thought the same thing. While I like the concept of electron tickets,
actually it's the trend of the future anyway, I always thought printing out
your own luggage tags would present a problem. This was such a concern to
me, even on our own cruise last month, I asked for a packet to be mailed to
me anyway. However, upon seeing the luggage tags mailed from Carnival Cruise
Lines, I printed out my own anyway on a heaver coasted stock, folder three
ways, stapled around the luggage handle, and used those instead. The one's I
printed out myself were actually much better than those mailed from
Carnival.

Dillon Pyron

Jun 14, 2009, 4:56:57 PM6/14/09
[Default] Thus spake "John Sisker" <jsi...@sprynet.com>:

Have you tried the stock from Royal Caribbean? Great stuff. My only
complaint, to date, is the docs folder. Too many Celebrity and
Azamara, compared to RCI. I only sell about 20% as many Celebrity as
RCI and, to date, haven't sold a single Azamara. I wish I could order
for just the lines I want, and have passed that message on.

This stock is great for agents, but would be a disaster for the cruise
lines to use at the consumer level. It costs them just as much to
send one set of documents as it does to send 20 folders and luggage
tag blanks. Or more than.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Gee, Jimmy,I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend
turned out to be a Cylon."
-Special Agent Tim McGee, "NCIS"