Trump threatens North Korea (with what?)

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 9:16:28 AM1/3/17
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/816057920223846400

"North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a
nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!"

PeteWasLucky

Jan 3, 2017, 9:24:29 AM1/3/17
It won't happen, he will make the fence higher and NK will pay the extra cost :)

John Liang

Jan 3, 2017, 9:47:03 AM1/3/17
North Korea has not developed a reliable intercontinental missile that is capable of reaching even 2500 km about half way from North Korea to US. And their submarine technology is about 1960's level. NK may be able to produce a nuclear war head that is small enough to be carry by their missiles but with what they have right now they just don't have a carrier to send the warhead to US.

PeteWasLucky

Jan 3, 2017, 12:23:04 PM1/3/17
But this is not what Trump said :)
He simply said "it won't happen".

PeteWasLucky

Jan 3, 2017, 12:29:16 PM1/3/17
John Liang <jlia...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
I think when a nation dedicates all its resources trying to
achieve something like this, there is a big chance they will
succeed.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Tier3

Jan 3, 2017, 12:44:28 PM1/3/17
No easy solutions here. The most closed society in the world with a leader known to be a nut and with no reality checks in place for said nut. This guy puts his own relatives through industrial shredders feet first. The best thing for all would be to turn the place to molten glass and let them start over, but that's not gonna happen short of Kim Dong II doing something really stupid with one of his nukes. Trump should appoint Dennis Rodman as ambassador to NK.

The Iceberg

Jan 3, 2017, 1:26:54 PM1/3/17
doubt it, they must be almost bankrupt, building a long-range missile would cost them too much. They only really going cos China kind of props them up, to cause less trouble for themselves.

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 1:30:02 PM1/3/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
> https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/816057920223846400
>
> "North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a
> nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!"

So what's your problem?

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 1:30:03 PM1/3/17
Tier3 <yayr...@6paq.com> Wrote in message:
> No easy solutions here. The most closed society in the world with a leader known to be a nut and with no reality checks in place for said nut. This guy puts his own relatives through industrial shredders feet first. The best thing for all would be to turn the place to molten glass and let them start over, but that's not gonna happen short of Kim Dong II doing something really stupid with one of his nukes. Trump should appoint Dennis Rodman as ambassador to NK.

Exactly. Well said.

North Korea is fucked up but they've had it tough. Civil war that
divided a nation, a militarized south Korea and U.S. troops all
around them. They're nervous with a reason. America could destroy
them within an hour.

It they were to be be guaranteed security and independence and
assured no attempt of regime change would be attempted on them
they wouldn't be so nervous.

Sending Rodman would relax tensions too and pave a way for
rapprochement with the rest of the world.

Gracchus

Jan 3, 2017, 2:37:16 PM1/3/17
Better yet, Rodman might decide to stay there.

PeteWasLucky

Jan 3, 2017, 2:43:31 PM1/3/17
Tier3 <yayr...@6paq.com> Wrote in message:
> No easy solutions here. The most closed society in the world with a leader known to be a nut and with no reality checks in place for said nut. This guy puts his own relatives through industrial shredders feet first. The best thing for all would be to turn the place to molten glass and let them start over, but that's not gonna happen short of Kim Dong II doing something really stupid with one of his nukes. Trump should appoint Dennis Rodman as ambassador to NK.

Molten glass? wow

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 3:02:22 PM1/3/17
3.1.2017, 19:29, PeteWasLucky kirjoitti:
> I think when a nation dedicates all its resources trying to
> achieve something like this, there is a big chance they will
> succeed.

Yes, it's not rocket science. :)

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 3:08:25 PM1/3/17
3.1.2017, 19:44, Tier3 kirjoitti:
> No easy solutions here. The most closed society in the world with a leader known to be a nut and with no reality checks in place for said nut. This guy puts his own relatives through industrial shredders feet first. The best thing for all would be to turn the place to molten glass and let them start over, but that's not gonna happen short of Kim Dong II doing something really stupid with one of his nukes. Trump should appoint Dennis Rodman as ambassador to NK.

What could Trump do? Pre-emptive nuclear strike or war against a nation
of millions of brainwashed lunatics? Both would be catastrophic.

And you can't use sanctions etc either, Kim doesn't care if all his
people starve to death. This is a country where you're sent to
concentration camp for one of your relatives being accused of slandering
the great leader, the eternal sunshine of Paektu mountain.

PeteWasLucky

Jan 3, 2017, 3:20:16 PM1/3/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
lol

Pelle Svanslös

Jan 3, 2017, 3:30:30 PM1/3/17
On 3.1.2017 22:08, TT wrote:
> 3.1.2017, 19:44, Tier3 kirjoitti:
>> No easy solutions here. The most closed society in the world with a
>> leader known to be a nut and with no reality checks in place for said
>> nut. This guy puts his own relatives through industrial shredders feet
>> first. The best thing for all would be to turn the place to molten
>> glass and let them start over, but that's not gonna happen short of
>> Kim Dong II doing something really stupid with one of his nukes. Trump
>> should appoint Dennis Rodman as ambassador to NK.
>>

> What could Trump do?

Tweet.

--
“Donald Trump is the weak man’s vision of a strong man.”
-- Charles Cooke

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 4:01:03 PM1/3/17
Pelle Svanslös <pe...@svans.com> Wrote in message:
> On 3.1.2017 22:08, TT wrote:
>> 3.1.2017, 19:44, Tier3 kirjoitti:
>>> No easy solutions here. The most closed society in the world with a
>>> leader known to be a nut and with no reality checks in place for said
>>> nut. This guy puts his own relatives through industrial shredders feet
>>> first. The best thing for all would be to turn the place to molten
>>> glass and let them start over, but that's not gonna happen short of
>>> Kim Dong II doing something really stupid with one of his nukes. Trump
>>> should appoint Dennis Rodman as ambassador to NK.
>>>

>> What could Trump do?
>
> Tweet.

That's actually best stuff to do.
"Normalize".

War is not an option obviously, and sanctions are form of warm
crimes against poor people there.

Tweeting rules. Trump rules.

calim...@gmx.de

Jan 3, 2017, 4:22:07 PM1/3/17
A preemptive nuclear strike which would eliminate the whole leadership is an option. It would cost a million deaths but free several millions.
Millions whose current life isn't worth living.

Max

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 4:33:43 PM1/3/17
The scary thing is that idiot like Trump might be persuaded by that
logic. And he probably wants to use nukes anyway. Nice excuse.

Retaliation: DPRK generals launch full nuclear assault on Seoul and rest
of South Korea, the US ally. Result: 25 million dead after first strikes
- and counting.
(South Korea population 50 million, North Korea 25m)

PeteWasLucky

Jan 3, 2017, 4:42:07 PM1/3/17
calim...@gmx.de Wrote in message:
Wtf is this? Who are you to decide millions of lives are worth living?
So if I have power and authority and simply decided your miserable
life isn't worth living I should terminate you? Scary
really..

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 5:01:03 PM1/3/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
That's moronic.

He'd never drop a bomb unless forced to.

Dropping a nuke means end to everything. His life, privileges etc.
He's the top dog there, living in luxury. He has nothing to gain
with nuclear war and everything to lose.

He's only pursuing bomb to secure himself from regime change attempt.

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 5:01:03 PM1/3/17
calim...@gmx.de Wrote in message:
Nazi opinion noted. However you're not entitled to decide how
should other live their lives, run their countries and what
indeed is a freedom.

Since there is no such thing as absolute freedom, killing millions
to give survivors some "more freedom" is a heinous crime, even if
the difference in freedom level would be substantial.

Would you advocate USSR nuking USA for blacks not having full
civil rights prior 60s? Or vice versa for people under communism
lacking individual rights?

No. It would be awful. Communists revolutionaries, Nazis and
neocons otoh like to interfere and spread war, death and chaos.

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 5:52:20 PM1/3/17
Trump is basically a slightly less bloated version of tiny-hands Kim.
With, somehow, even worse hair.

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 6:01:03 PM1/3/17
That's a spam post. Pure nonsense.

Tier3

Jan 3, 2017, 6:26:06 PM1/3/17
A preemptive nuclear strike which would eliminate the whole leadership is an option. It would cost a million deaths but free several millions.
Millions whose current life isn't worth living.

Max <

Yep. We know it isn't going to happen, but it really would be for the best.

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 6:29:40 PM1/3/17
Did you read my reply to Max about DPRK's probably line of retaliation?

Let's add to it that nuclear strike wouldn't even be certain to wipe out
the dear leader, the shining light on top of the Paektu mountain.

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 6:30:24 PM1/3/17
4.1.2017, 1:29, TT kirjoitti:
> 4.1.2017, 1:26, Tier3 kirjoitti:
>> A preemptive nuclear strike which would eliminate the whole leadership
>> is an option. It would cost a million deaths but free several millions.
>> Millions whose current life isn't worth living.
>>
>> Max <
>>
>> Yep. We know it isn't going to happen, but it really would be for the
>> best.
>>

> Did you read my reply to Max about DPRK's probably line of retaliation?

probable

Tier3

Jan 3, 2017, 6:34:57 PM1/3/17
>That's moronic.

He'd never drop a bomb unless forced to.

Dropping a nuke means end to everything. His life, privileges etc.
He's the top dog there, living in luxury. He has nothing to gain
with nuclear war and everything to lose.

He's only pursuing bomb to secure himself from regime change attempt. <

Only thing is that guy is not living in reality at all. He's sealed off from the rest of the world and surrounded by sycophants afraid they'll be the next in the shredder. The biggest threat of him popping one off is if his power was threatened from within NK. Like we've found with other brutal dictators, it's often best to leave things alone. Let them keep their iron grip until and if US security is truly threatened. He can stuff his fat face with lobster while the country starves.

Tier3

Jan 3, 2017, 6:45:09 PM1/3/17

Did you read my reply to Max about DPRK's probably line of retaliation?

Let's add to it that nuclear strike wouldn't even be certain to wipe out
the dear leader, the shining light on top of the Paektu mountain<

I didnt actually endorse attacking or nuking NK. I was just saying what would be best for everyone, including the North Koreann people who have shit to live for. I'm reasonably confident though that the US could take out NK and the Donger in pretty fast order and they would never get that nuke off. Hopefully they just behave themselves.

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 7:01:03 PM1/3/17
Tier3 <yayr...@6paq.com> Wrote in message:
I agree overall. But I'd like to add, these guys do live in
reality. It's a mistake to completely ignore their rationality.
Ideology aside, they always know what are they doing. In this
case, he was allegedly educated in Switzerland, and he's young,
he also liked NBA.

It's a real world. These aren't james bond villains that live in
volcano caves that you have no chance of reasoning with.

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 7:02:45 PM1/3/17
4.1.2017, 1:45, Tier3 kirjoitti:

> Did you read my reply to Max about DPRK's probably line of retaliation?
>
> Let's add to it that nuclear strike wouldn't even be certain to wipe out
> the dear leader, the shining light on top of the Paektu mountain<
>
> I didnt actually endorse attacking or nuking NK.

It sure sounded like you did.

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 7:03:43 PM1/3/17
4.1.2017, 1:46, *skriptis kirjoitti:
> In this
> case, he was allegedly educated in Switzerland, and he's young,
> he also liked NBA.

lol

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 7:30:02 PM1/3/17
TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
It's not funny. It's s point of reference and a potential bridge.

You don't have that e.g. with Islamic freaks that want to kill all
the Christians or blow up western countries.

He was installed in that position of power where he's now, he was
prepared for it from the early age to succeed his father one day.
It's not something he fought for so it's wrong to demonize him
personally or better to say blame him for everything.

Finding a way how to work with him is much harder than just
announcing more sanctions that harm his people. But it's also the
only sane option that could work.
Nuking him, excluded. Of course.

TT

Jan 3, 2017, 7:37:27 PM1/3/17
4.1.2017, 2:14, *skriptis kirjoitti:
> TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:
>> 4.1.2017, 1:46, *skriptis kirjoitti:
>>> In this
>>> case, he was allegedly educated in Switzerland, and he's young,
>>> he also liked NBA.
>>
>> lol
>>

> It's not funny. It's s point of reference and a potential bridge.
>
> You don't have that e.g. with Islamic freaks that want to kill all
> the Christians or blow up western countries.
>
> He was installed in that position of power where he's now, he was
> prepared for it from the early age to succeed his father one day.
> It's not something he fought for so it's wrong to demonize him
> personally or better to say blame him for everything.

Yet when he came to power he executed a bunch of high officials
including his relatives. The concentration camps are still there. Food
aid goes straight to elite in Pyongyang. His ambition is to build nukes
which reach USA. And so forth...

*skriptis

Jan 3, 2017, 8:30:03 PM1/3/17
Essentially nothing changed from his father's times?

That's why he was prepared for the duty, succession and was
educated in Switzerland.

TT

Jan 4, 2017, 12:57:39 PM1/4/17
4.1.2017, 3:02, *skriptis kirjoitti:
> TT <as...@dprk.kp> Wrote in message:

>>> It's not funny. It's s point of reference and a potential bridge.
>>>
>>> You don't have that e.g. with Islamic freaks that want to kill all
>>> the Christians or blow up western countries.
>>>
>>> He was installed in that position of power where he's now, he was
>>> prepared for it from the early age to succeed his father one day.
>>> It's not something he fought for so it's wrong to demonize him
>>> personally or better to say blame him for everything.
>>>

>> Yet when he came to power he executed a bunch of high officials
>> including his relatives. The concentration camps are still there. Food
>> aid goes straight to elite in Pyongyang. His ambition is to build nukes
>> which reach USA. And so forth...
>

> Essentially nothing changed from his father's times?

Pretty much so. The country is a living hell on Earth.

> That's why he was prepared for the duty, succession and was
> educated in Switzerland.

I doubt he understood much that was taught there. Couple years I understand.

One thing which has changed, for example, is that previously when you
tried to flee the country you'd get executed. Now you get executed AND
all of your family up to four generations... your children, parents,
grandparents, siblings. Could be camp as well, if lucky.

What has changed though is that they have illegal CDs and DVDs to watch
some foreign stuff. The bad part is that they don't have electricity and
getting caught on watching these things gets you to concentration camp.
Getting caught on watching porn is instant execution.

Religion is banned, you can (and must) worship only the Great Leader.

*skriptis

Jan 4, 2017, 2:30:03 PM1/4/17
I don't like it, but they're Asians. They're naturally more
authoritarian and collectivist in their mindset. When things go
into wrong direction you'd get something like that.

Japan is a democracy yet when a train is late, person responsible
for it commits sepuku. It's how it is.

John Liang

Jan 4, 2017, 11:04:48 PM1/4/17
Another lie. But Japan has a different type of democracy compare to the west. Most of the higher ranked Japanese politicians are coming from well established political families.

*skriptis

Jan 5, 2017, 5:01:02 AM1/5/17
John Liang <jlia...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:
It was a metaphore.

PeteWasLucky

Sep 14, 2017, 7:10:31 PM9/14/17
> I think when a nation dedicates all its resources trying to
achieve something like this, there is a big chance they will succeed.

As I expected.