How many languages Roger Federer speaks?

Red Cloud

Nov 27, 2011, 11:09:32 PM11/27/11

English. French. German. Is he speaking Italian too?

Ulysses

Nov 27, 2011, 11:51:55 PM11/27/11
 English. French. German. Schweizerdeutsch.

He does not speak either Italian or Spanish.

Nole speaks quite good German and excellent Spanish, as well as
Serbian, Italian and perfect English. Nole's gift for languages is
great. He says his passion is languages and it shows.

What does Nadal speak?

Spanish and a fractured English so heavily accented it's basically
unintelligible. First #1 player since Vilas who didn't speak fluent
English. And since then, Vilas has learned fluent English.

Wile E.

Nov 28, 2011, 12:13:57 AM11/28/11
On Nov 27, 9:51 pm, Ulysses <ulys...@mscomm.com> wrote:
>  English. French. German. Schweizerdeutsch.

It's common, when one comes from a country where mulitple
languages are spoken, one also speaks those languages.

> He does not speak either Italian or Spanish.
>
> Nole speaks quite good German and excellent Spanish, as well as
> Serbian, Italian and perfect English. Nole's gift for languages is
> great. He says his passion is languages and it shows.
>
> What does Nadal speak?

Catalan and Castillian Spanish fluently, and English.

> Spanish and a fractured English so heavily accented it's basically
> unintelligible.

Easy to understand in the southwestern US. No problem.

> First #1 player since Vilas who didn't speak fluent
> English. And since then, Vilas has learned fluent English.

Nadal's stats "speak" for Nadal.

Wile E.
-------------------------
NADAL VS FEDERER (Nads bests Feds h2h)
Grand Slam matches: Nadal 7–2
Grand Slam finals: Nadal 6–2
All matches: Nadal 17–9
All finals: Nadal 13–6
FEDERER 16 slams, most vs tier 5-6 players,
leaving Fed with about 6/7 solid slams vs top players
NADAL 10 slams, most all were vs tier 1 players,
+Nadal has a Singles Olympic Gold, Federer does not.
NADAL- Won the 3 biggest slams on 3 different surfaces
in 1 calendar year. No one in the history has done
it until Nadal; Wimbledon-grass, USO-hard court, French Open-clay

Court_1

Nov 28, 2011, 12:09:36 AM11/28/11
Ferrer is even worse than Nadal but Ferrer is not and never was number
one or two so nobody cares. Ferrer needs an interpreter for the word
"hello."

Gracchus

Nov 28, 2011, 12:52:45 AM11/28/11
On Nov 28, 12:51 pm, Ulysses <ulys...@mscomm.com> wrote:

> Nole speaks quite good German and excellent Spanish, as well as
> Serbian, Italian and perfect English. Nole's gift for languages is
> great. He says his passion is languages and it shows.

Pretty good for a "retarded sea monkey." ;)

ed scheuert

Nov 27, 2011, 11:42:11 PM11/27/11
On Nov 27, 10:09 pm, Red Cloud <mmdir2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  English. French. German.  Is he speaking Italian too?

No Italian but his native language is Swiss German which is wildly
different from German. The first 3 you have correct though.

Superdave

Nov 28, 2011, 2:10:48 AM11/28/11
i thought cockaroaches just "squealed" no?

RzR

Nov 28, 2011, 6:58:08 AM11/28/11

"Wile E." <jsm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Nov 27, 9:51 pm, Ulysses <ulys...@mscomm.com> wrote:

fixed your sig...dont want you to look stupid :D

-------------------------
NADAL VS FEDERER
PRIMARY STATS, MOST RELEVANT
GRAND SLAM WINS
FEDERER 16, NADAL 10

SECONDARY STATS, ONLY RELEVANT IF SLAM COUNT IS THE SAME

Vlado

Nov 28, 2011, 10:40:11 AM11/28/11
On Nov 27, 11:09 pm, Red Cloud <mmdir2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  English. French. German.  Is he speaking Italian too?

Apparently he doesn't speak Nole language, thus has no relations with
him
but hey as long as he communicates well with Nadal and Tiger Woods,
it's ok .

Iceberg

Nov 28, 2011, 12:04:50 PM11/28/11
oh no, has Ulyseeeees tried to jump on the Djoker bandwagon like
Sakari, pretending they were already fans, when really they weren't
until a couple of weeks ago.

Iceberg

Nov 28, 2011, 12:04:03 PM11/28/11
he seemed alright giving interviews afterwards in London.

Iceberg

Nov 28, 2011, 12:06:38 PM11/28/11
wildy different?!! are you sure about that one. Most Swiss Germans can
communicate with other Germans relatively well.

Court_1

Nov 28, 2011, 1:01:58 PM11/28/11
> he seemed alright giving interviews afterwards in London.-

Of course, that is because you have no trouble understanding "Spanish
Primate" but species higher up in the food chain such as humans beg to
differ! ;)

ed scheuert

Nov 28, 2011, 1:18:55 PM11/28/11
Yeah, I'm sure. I've lived in both the Schwyyzertueuetsch speaking
portion Switzerland and southern and northern Germany. The reason the
Swiss can communicate well with Germans is that the Swiss are speaking
accented High German (their second language which they start learning
in school at age 6) and not Swiss German. I know Germans who say it
took them a year of living in Switzerland before they felt like they
understood Swiss German.

Ulysses

Nov 28, 2011, 1:21:31 PM11/28/11
"oh no, has Ulyseeeees tried to jump on the Djoker bandwagon like
Sakari, pretending they were already fans, when really they weren't
until a couple of weeks ago."

Bullshit. I never called Djoker a "retarded sea monkey" and I have
never been a fan of his. So you're wrong on both counts. I never
"pretended" I was a fan of Djoker's. He's pretty odious to me, though
I root for him to beat Nadal, of course. That doesn't make me a fan of
Djokovic.

Gracchus

Nov 28, 2011, 7:25:17 PM11/28/11
On Nov 29, 2:21 am, Ulysses <ulys...@mscomm.com> wrote:

> Bullshit. I never called Djoker a "retarded sea monkey" and I have
> never been a fan of his.

>>On Jun 21, 11:20 pm, "ulys...@msomm.com" <ulys...@mscomm.com> wrote:

> I agree Djoker hits fast and furiously, but I hate the damn ball
> bouncing, his screaming, ripping off the shirt and basically acting
> like a retarded sea monkey out there.

Unless it was a different Ulysses. Anyway, I wasn't trying to razz
you about it. I just thought it was a colorful, funny description. :)

wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk

Dec 4, 2011, 9:17:35 AM12/4/11
In article
<172d3e70-04c5-4fe0...@q11g2000vbq.googlegroups.com>,
uly...@mscomm.com (Ulysses) wrote:

>  English. French. German. Schweizerdeutsch.
>
> He does not speak either Italian or Spanish.

I'm sure he's learned some Spanish by now. When you speak four languages
it's not hard to add a fifth that's close to one of them.

wg

Ulysses

Dec 4, 2011, 10:05:45 AM12/4/11
Federer does not speak any Spanish beyond a few words. He has said
this repeatedly, most recently again when he played Madrid in May.