Blackburne Double-Strung Tennis Racquet

Steven A. Christensen

Apr 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/10/97

Has anyone ever used this new tennis racquet or know anyone who is
currently using it on a professional level?

Check out one of the following sites for more information.

http://www.lucid-inc.com/BB/

http://www.sharperimage.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/SharperImageCatalog:2@elm/CatalogEntryChoice.wo:2174.1336109768.8584$CatalogEntryChoice.0.5.1.3.1.3.3

I am considering purchasing one of these, but want to know what anyone
else has experienced with it before sinking a lot of money into it.

Thanks!

Steven A. Christensen
schris...@usa.net

Woody Jin

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

In article <334DAF...@tra.com>, schris...@tra.com wrote:
>Has anyone ever used this new tennis racquet or know anyone who is
>currently using it on a professional level?

I saw it from their catalog. But as it says, it is rejected by any
official tournament, so it is not possible for a pro to use it
in any tournaments. So, if you buy it, you are likely to play
with it only in the park.

The most benefit from the racket (as I see from it) is that
you may reduce frame shots when you slice (i.e. hit with
lots of angle), since it has two string beds - one for each side.

--
Woody Jin

Steven A. Christensen

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

Woody Jin wrote:

> I saw it from their catalog. But as it says, it is rejected by any
> official tournament, so it is not possible for a pro to use it
> in any tournaments.

Not true! As stated in the Sharper Image catalog: "Sanctioned for play
by the International Tennis Federation for both amateurs and pros in all
tournaments and championships..."

Further, http://www.lucid-inc.com/BB/why.html states: "At last you can
play with the BLACKBURNE Double Strung racquet, which was hitherto
outlawed by the International Tennis Federation for some fifteen years.
This revolutionary racquet, invented and designed by Robin Blackburne,
is now sanctioned by the ITF for play by amateurs as well as
professionals in all tournaments and championships."

So I ask once again if anyone has personally used this new racquet, or
if they have seen it used by any professional players (probably not very
likely considering what they are paid by the major companies to
advertise their products by wearing and using only those products).

Thank you.

Steven A. Christensen

Dan Simoes

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

The USRSA has a 2 page article on this new racquet in this month's
Stringer's Update (monthly zine they put out). I can't reproduce it
here as it is copyrighted, but if you ask nicely, I bet Don
Hightower might be persuaded to paraphrase it and/or answer some
questions.

Of course, you can join the USRSA and ask for that issue of the Update,
but unless you have an interest in stringing, it might not be worth
it to you.

I've cc'd Don Hightower on this post, let's see what he says.

| Dan |
--
Dan Simoes da...@ans.net
ANS http://coimbra.ans.net/dans.html