getting tired of ...

bob

Jul 15, 2010, 9:04:41 PM7/15/10
...being one of the extremely few honest, consistent and logical
posters in RST. c'mon guys, improve your game. man up for chrissakes.

bob

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 16, 2010, 12:04:15 AM7/16/10

Too biased against post-Sampras players... known Fed hater and Rafa
instigator merely to advance Fedhate... not very helpful really...

stephenj

Jul 16, 2010, 12:14:48 AM7/16/10

bob's biases are hard to figure because he often has likes/dislikes
based on personal knowledge of players that the rest of us don't have
access to.

he really dislikes fed, thinks he's a phony, and that excuse-laden
whinefest fed engaged in after losing to berdych made me pause, because
it's consistent with what bob has been saying about him all along, while
everyone else has been lauding his sportsmanship.

thing is though, even if bob is right about fed's character, he clearly
lets it influence his analysis of his achievements, and they are two
separate things.

--
What is liberalism, generally speaking, but an attack
on the existing order of things?

- F. Dostoyevsky

jdeluise

Jul 16, 2010, 12:36:17 AM7/16/10
On Jul 15, 5:04 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
> ...being one of the extremely few honest, consistent and logical
> posters in RST. c'mon guys, improve your game. man up for chrissakes.

...keep dreaming... one day you might have an honest day.

Superdave

Jul 16, 2010, 12:40:39 AM7/16/10
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:04:15 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net>
wrote:

once you know that bob=whisper it's all easy to understand.

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 16, 2010, 2:09:42 AM7/16/10

Well... of course Fed whined... what gets me is to ignore that THEY
ALL WHINE or harbour bitterness/frustration/ill will... Laver whined,
so did Borg (a big sulker), Connors was a terrible sport and so was
McEnroe in the heat of the moment and right after... Becker was PAINED
to say anything about an opponent and Lendl was legendary in his foul
post lost moods... Sampras sulked and whined with the best of them and
Agassi would toss off barbs mixed in with props to guys who beat him
but he was usually in a foul mood after losses... YOUNG or PRIME
champions don't handle defeats well, not very often... it's just a
ROMANTIC FOG to think that these guys were LAUDING their successors on
the championship courts of the world... losing is to champions hurtful
and embarrassing, ripping them up and their moods are normally laced
with bitterness and anger... given the remove of hours or a day (which
was common in the 50's through the 70s) before commenting on a big
loss OF COURSE they sounded out ringing sportsmanship... today you
don't even get off the COURT before the postmortems begin... what is
bob talking about...

tuan

Jul 16, 2010, 3:58:52 AM7/16/10

Often on rst we see people losing their cool and getting all worked up
and abusive for the slightest disagreement and those also tend to be
the most vocal critics of players for whining after losing a 2-3 hour
match! :)

Superdave

Jul 16, 2010, 4:04:33 AM7/16/10
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:58:52 -0700 (PDT), tuan <phamqu...@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

It is called "passion". You know, like when your dick comes to attention.

You defend the one you are with, not the others guys one.

kaennorsing

Jul 16, 2010, 4:45:53 AM7/16/10

Well said. Even Rafa, who's considered a pretty sportive lose,
normally whines just after losing. Just shows your passion. I do it
myself right after a meaningless loss, and feel horrible... It's all
in the game. You're mind is still processing why you lost and you know
in your heart you could have done better (which is always the case for
everyone) meaning you're still emotionally involved. So instead of
giving a fair and balanced interpretation about the match... you
whine :-)

Sakari Lund

Jul 16, 2010, 5:32:46 AM7/16/10
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:58:52 -0700 (PDT), tuan
<phamqu...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>Often on rst we see people losing their cool and getting all worked up
>and abusive for the slightest disagreement and those also tend to be
>the most vocal critics of players for whining after losing a 2-3 hour
>match! :)

Good point :-)

Iceberg

Jul 16, 2010, 7:33:21 AM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 5:14 am, stephenj <sjar...@cox.com> wrote:
> Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> > On Jul 15, 6:04 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >> ...being one of the extremely few honest, consistent and logical
> >> posters in RST. c'mon guys, improve your game. man up for chrissakes.
>
> >> bob
>
> > Too biased against post-Sampras players... known Fed hater and Rafa
> > instigator merely to advance Fedhate... not very helpful really...
>
> bob's biases are hard to figure because he often has likes/dislikes
> based on personal knowledge of players that the rest of us don't have
> access to.
>
> he really dislikes fed, thinks he's a phony, and that excuse-laden
> whinefest fed engaged in after losing to berdych made me pause, because
> it's consistent with what bob has been saying about him all along, while
> everyone else has been lauding his sportsmanship.

the evidence was there to see, only myself, Whisper and bob were
clever enough to point it out beforehand.

Iceberg

Jul 16, 2010, 7:36:22 AM7/16/10

oh please, the difference is that McEnroe, Connors nobody tried to
make out they were anything but what they were, the Fedfans didn't
give them 6 Stefan Edberg awards.

Iceberg

Jul 16, 2010, 7:36:53 AM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 9:04 am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:58:52 -0700 (PDT), tuan <phamquangt...@optusnet.com.au>

unless you're Raja, LOL

bob

Jul 16, 2010, 7:38:15 AM7/16/10
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 23:14:48 -0500, stephenj <sja...@cox.com> wrote:

>Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>> On Jul 15, 6:04 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> ...being one of the extremely few honest, consistent and logical
>>> posters in RST. c'mon guys, improve your game. man up for chrissakes.
>>>
>>> bob
>>
>> Too biased against post-Sampras players... known Fed hater and Rafa
>> instigator merely to advance Fedhate... not very helpful really...
>
>bob's biases are hard to figure because he often has likes/dislikes
>based on personal knowledge of players that the rest of us don't have
>access to.
>he really dislikes fed, thinks he's a phony, and that excuse-laden
>whinefest fed engaged in after losing to berdych made me pause, because
>it's consistent with what bob has been saying about him all along, while
>everyone else has been lauding his sportsmanship.
>thing is though, even if bob is right about fed's character, he clearly
>lets it influence his analysis of his achievements, and they are two
>separate things.

i have no bias against federer based on his talented game nor
consistently high efforts on court. and it's got nothing to do with
sampras, i didn't like sampras tremendously as a person and knew
plenty about him.

it's 100% about a *very very subtle* style he exhibits in interviews
that show a man who is inwardly cocky while winning, and whining while
(very rarely) losing. like a 10 yr old. you don't see this from
everybody, certainly not nadal.

bob

bob

Jul 16, 2010, 7:39:47 AM7/16/10

but fed's the whiner who takes home the "sportsmanship" trophies - he
hides his mannerisms very very well, they are extremely subtle. but
they are PHONY. unlike all those you list.

bob

Superdave

Jul 16, 2010, 7:48:18 AM7/16/10

Nadal fools evertbody with his con while CHEATING openly. You do know and admit
he was fined for CHEATING at the FO right ? Or, are YOU part of the coverup ?

stephenj

Jul 16, 2010, 8:32:47 AM7/16/10
> Patrick Kehoe wrote:

> today you
> don't even get off the COURT before the postmortems begin... what is
> bob talking about...

true, even saints are sinners. Maybe bob's complaint should be directed
moreso at the fans/media who hold fed up as a paragon than with fed himself?

--
Happiness is the poetry of womanhood, as clothes are its disguise.

- H. de Balzac

stephenj

Jul 16, 2010, 8:34:19 AM7/16/10

ok, but is that fed's fault, or his fans? not fair to blame fed for what
his fans do ..

--
In South Africa there is such an ill
distribution of wealth that any form of

- Steve Biko

Sakari Lund

Jul 16, 2010, 9:48:29 AM7/16/10

Fed winning sportsmanship trophies is the "fault" of other players,
who vote him. Not Fed or his fans.

john

Jul 16, 2010, 10:06:09 AM7/16/10

"bob" <stei...@comcast.net> wrote in message

I heard plenty of Nadal's excuses when he lost a match in a grand slams.
Most recent
one been this year's AO when he quit in middle of a match when he was just
about to
be straight setted by Murray. Excuses like kneed injury never seem to be a
problem prior
to the match only seem to rear their ugly head when he lost the match.
There is never a
shortage of excuses from Nadal when losing a match in grand slam.

> bob

john

Jul 16, 2010, 10:08:40 AM7/16/10

> ...being one of the extremely few honest, consistent and logical
> posters in RST. c'mon guys, improve your game. man up for chrissakes.
>
> bob

You are exactly oppsite of what you decribed above. I will correct that
for you.

Bob is one the extremely dishonest, inconsistent and illogical posters in
RST. c'mon guys,
don't follow the bad example of bob, boob, bubba unless you are a dumbass
like him.

Iceberg

Jul 16, 2010, 10:09:19 AM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 3:06 pm, "john" <jli...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> "bob" <stein...@comcast.net> wrote in message

that's why he was looking up saying my knees, my knees, during the
match.

Rodjk #613

Jul 16, 2010, 10:47:29 AM7/16/10

So you know all this better than the guys he plays all the time, hangs
out in the locker room with, and whom talk to him and about him all
the time?

Right? That's how it is in your world?

Rodjk #613

Rodjk #613

Jul 16, 2010, 10:48:14 AM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 8:48 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:

Exactly. Obviously bob knows Fed better than Fed's own peers.

Obviously.

Rodjk #613

tuan

Jul 16, 2010, 8:29:00 PM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 6:04 pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Often on rst we see people losing their cool and getting all worked up
> >and abusive for the slightest disagreement and those also tend to be
> >the most vocal critics of players for whining after losing a 2-3 hour
> >match! :)
>
> It is called "passion". You know, like when your dick comes to attention.

I bet the player himself will be pretty passionate too!

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 16, 2010, 9:11:11 PM7/16/10
> bob- Hide quoted text -

Federer fools everyone but you and guys who detest him... I see... he
fools all the guys he's hung around with for a decade, practiced with,
played against, spent time in the locker room joking with, had dinners
with, battled against... BUT YOU see through him... riiiiiiight...

Patrick Kehoe

Jul 16, 2010, 9:13:39 PM7/16/10
> Rodjk #613- Hide quoted text -

Exactly... just posted the same... Bob's just being silly... it's his
bitterness against Fed that's thinly veiled it anything... :))

TT

Jul 17, 2010, 12:37:25 AM7/17/10

The difference is: We read his interviews, his colleagues do not!

TT

Jul 17, 2010, 12:53:12 AM7/17/10
stephenj wrote:
> Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>> On Jul 15, 6:04 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>> ...being one of the extremely few honest, consistent and logical
>>> posters in RST. c'mon guys, improve your game. man up for chrissakes.
>>>
>>> bob
>>
>> Too biased against post-Sampras players... known Fed hater and Rafa
>> instigator merely to advance Fedhate... not very helpful really...
>
> bob's biases are hard to figure because he often has likes/dislikes
> based on personal knowledge of players that the rest of us don't have
> access to.
>
> he really dislikes fed, thinks he's a phony, and that excuse-laden
> whinefest fed engaged in after losing to berdych made me pause, because
> it's consistent with what bob has been saying about him all along, while
> everyone else has been lauding his sportsmanship.
>
> thing is though, even if bob is right about fed's character, he clearly
> lets it influence his analysis of his achievements, and they are two
> separate things.

Maybe bob's analysis on fed's skills is accurate too. I know mine is.

--
http://s4.postimage.org/DqPli-07bec5b30fb99d26898facc4e66e141e.jpg

Superdave

Jul 17, 2010, 1:39:07 AM7/17/10

I know Rafa got fined by the ATP for CHEATING at Wimbledon.

Yup. Matter of record.

Sakari Lund

Jul 17, 2010, 5:48:31 AM7/17/10

And where do you think the real personality of a player shows better:

A. in practice courts, locker rooms, in real life situations of a
tennis player

B. in newspaper articles, when a player has been interviewed in a
formal situation in the press conference, he has been asked silly,
provocative questions, and then the journalist interprets his words in
his way

john

Jul 17, 2010, 6:54:26 AM7/17/10

"Iceberg" <iceber...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

Yes, only when he lost a match. Poor acting skill and derserve to be
nominated for golden
raspberries..

missy

Jul 17, 2010, 7:31:11 AM7/17/10
On 16 July, 05:04, Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> wrote:
> On Jul 15, 6:04 pm, bob <stein...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > ...being one of the extremely few honest, consistent and logical
> > posters in RST. c'mon guys, improve your game. man up for chrissakes.
>
> > bob
>
> Too biased against post-Sampras players... known Fed hater and Rafa
> instigator merely to advance Fedhate... not very helpful really...

im as partial as they come , i can live with rafa haters - I see it as
compliment to how good he is :)

im not bias for nadal , i just recognise " the man " when i see him ,
and im tellin you Rafa is the man !

TT

Jul 17, 2010, 8:29:03 AM7/17/10

bob

Jul 17, 2010, 9:30:49 AM7/17/10
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 07:32:47 -0500, stephenj <sja...@cox.com> wrote:

> > Patrick Kehoe wrote:
>
> > today you
>> don't even get off the COURT before the postmortems begin... what is
>> bob talking about...
>
>true, even saints are sinners. Maybe bob's complaint should be directed
>moreso at the fans/media who hold fed up as a paragon than with fed himself?

sure - but it all ends up in the same place. my pt is that he is not a
gracious loser, has a very big ego, and is arrogant when winning.

not a problem so long as we all recognize it.

bob