Roger Federer is the best male role model.

Superdave

Feb 8, 2010, 12:23:09 AM2/8/10
Tennis Is Most Positive Sport, According To Poll
London, England

by ATP Staff

05.02.2010

Roger Federer is the best male role model.

A poll of 1,400 sports fans, conducted by Barclays Spaces for Sport,
has revealed that tennis is recognised as producing the most positive
global sports role models.

Five-time ATP World Tour Champion Roger Federer was voted top male
sports role model with 18 per cent of the votes, while former tennis
player Steffi Graf was the top female role model with 20 per cent.

The poll also revealed that sportsmanship (66 per cent), health and
fitness benefits (57 per cent), teaching discipline and abiding by
rules (60 per cent) are all considered more significant benefits of
playing sport than actually winning (22 per cent).

Eighty-one per cent of those polled felt that sport was 'very
important to society'.

Fan

Feb 8, 2010, 4:42:47 AM2/8/10
Obviously, nobody talked to the ball boys :-)

TT

Feb 8, 2010, 6:57:16 AM2/8/10
Superdave wrote:
> Tennis Is Most Positive Sport, According To Poll
> London, England
>
> by ATP Staff
>
> 05.02.2010
>
> Roger Federer is the best male role model.

Sure...

TT

Feb 8, 2010, 7:01:10 AM2/8/10

Mark

Feb 8, 2010, 8:44:28 AM2/8/10
On Feb 8, 3:42 am, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Obviously, nobody talked to the ball boys :-)

When it all "comes out" like with Tiger Woods, he will lose
everything. What a fucking hypocrite.

duaner

Feb 8, 2010, 8:47:45 AM2/8/10

And you're a fuckin' big time loser Shut your stupid, fat face.

SliceAndDice

Feb 8, 2010, 8:53:56 AM2/8/10
On Feb 8, 8:44 am, Mark <weiss.sl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

And you, somehow, have inside information? Do enlighten us.

Giovanna

Feb 8, 2010, 1:00:34 PM2/8/10

> Obviously, nobody talked to the ball boys :-)

LOL

funniest troll ever ;-)

Manco

Feb 8, 2010, 1:07:51 PM2/8/10
I can taste your bitter, bitter tears.

Mark

Feb 9, 2010, 9:25:46 PM2/9/10

That's about the maturity level I'd expect of a Fed-packer fan. As for
stupid, fat faces you weren't referring to Mirka, were you?

Mark

Feb 9, 2010, 9:26:06 PM2/9/10

Well, "inside" is the right word for it.

Top Spin

May 25, 2010, 2:05:59 PM5/25/10

Anyone who looks to a professional athlete has some serious judgment
problems...

Patrick Kehoe

May 25, 2010, 3:12:35 PM5/25/10
> problems...- Hide quoted text -

++ That's right... they are humans with frailties (periodically or
continuously) bending to temptation just like everyone else...

Top Spin

May 25, 2010, 4:35:10 PM5/25/10

Most of them are humans. Many are cretins. Most are pampered
men-children who think everyone else, especially most of the fans, are
bugs.

jdeluise

May 25, 2010, 5:05:14 PM5/25/10

On 25-May-2010, Top Spin <top...@no.spam> wrote:

> Most of them are humans. Many are cretins. Most are pampered
> men-children who think everyone else, especially most of the fans, are
> bugs.

Will "Nucular Reaction" be making an appearance today?

Professor X

May 25, 2010, 6:11:19 PM5/25/10

This is place is NUTS; but in a weird way; I kind of dig it.

Top Spin

May 25, 2010, 7:16:20 PM5/25/10

Yeah, well, I guess that pretty much says it all. Probably a good fit,
then.

Superdave

May 25, 2010, 8:09:34 PM5/25/10
On Tue, 25 May 2010 15:11:19 -0700 (PDT), Professor X <suebo...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On May 25, 9:35�pm, Top Spin <tops...@no.spam> wrote:

yeah and it's up to all of us to keep it that way.

Ted S.

May 25, 2010, 9:45:51 PM5/25/10

Which idiot is this "Top Spin" a sockpuppet of? I don't see an
NNTP-Posting-Host header to analyze. :-(

(I had this "Top Spin" in my killfile, but scored the authentic
"topspin" up enough at some point in the past that I was scoring that
higher than "Top Spin" was getting a negative, so the flood of posts
started showing up again.)

--
Ted Schuerzinger
tedstennis at myrealbox dot com

jdeluise

May 25, 2010, 10:50:01 PM5/25/10

On 25-May-2010, "Ted S." <tedst...@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Which idiot is this "Top Spin" a sockpuppet of? I don't see an
> NNTP-Posting-Host header to analyze. :-(

I don't have any concrete evidence, but when he and "Nucular Reaction"
emerged last year, I was pretty convinced they were Dave. Even though they
"argue" about some things, their writing styles seem similar in a number of
ways (though these two don't put a space before the exclamation point like
Dave does, but I think that's an affectation anyway). There were some other
similarities (same newsreader, same usenet service) at the time, though not
enough to prove anything.

"Top Spin" and "Nucular Reaction" act as if they are regular followers of
this newsgroup, yet they both have the same MO of digging up long dead
threads as if they are just catching up on months of reading at a time.

DavidW

May 25, 2010, 11:41:26 PM5/25/10
jdeluise wrote:
> On 25-May-2010, "Ted S." <tedst...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
>> Which idiot is this "Top Spin" a sockpuppet of? I don't see an
>> NNTP-Posting-Host header to analyze. :-(
>
> I don't have any concrete evidence, but when he and "Nucular Reaction"
> emerged last year, I was pretty convinced they were Dave. Even
> though they "argue" about some things, their writing styles seem
> similar in a number of ways (though these two don't put a space
> before the exclamation point like Dave does, but I think that's an
> affectation anyway). There were some other similarities (same
> newsreader, same usenet service) at the time, though not enough to
> prove anything.

I doubt that Hazel would be disparaging Giovanna.

jdeluise

May 26, 2010, 12:04:55 AM5/26/10
On May 25, 7:41 pm, "DavidW" <n...@email.provided> wrote:

> I doubt that Hazel would be disparaging Giovanna.

On the contrary, I think there is very little Hazel wouldn't write,
especially if it comes from a sock.

Superdave

May 26, 2010, 12:33:20 AM5/26/10

i dun have no sock puppies. never have. never will.

Superdave

May 26, 2010, 12:34:48 AM5/26/10

astute observation david. i'm proud of you. perhaps you have discovered a few
things about me no ?

i am loyal

i am not a hypocrite

Superdave

May 26, 2010, 12:36:59 AM5/26/10

rubbish. if i have anything to say i'll say it is what you mean but i certainly
don't need to say it under cover of a sock.

my name is not rafa you know.

Top Spin

May 26, 2010, 1:02:52 AM5/26/10
On Tue, 25 May 2010 21:04:55 -0700 (PDT), jdeluise
<jdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

You little turds do have a good time with your little mysteries. Must
fill the void in your pointless little turd, wannabe lives. I guess
jerking off while fantasizing about sports heroes just don't cut it
anymore.

Top Spin

May 26, 2010, 1:03:48 AM5/26/10

Absolutely. You have a hard enough time managing one ID, you little
closet gay prick.

Superdave

May 26, 2010, 1:51:15 AM5/26/10

thems fightin words ! you you homosexual !

Vari L. Cinicke

May 26, 2010, 10:23:46 AM5/26/10

You are wrong.

Hazelwood seems to lack an ability to write sensible posts. ;)

--
Cheers,

vc