"I had a no-lose mentality"

PeteWasLucky

May 15, 2012, 10:55:31 PM5/15/12
This is the first time I hear Federer saying something like that, he
said it after beating Nadal in IW.
Is he working with a psychologist? :)

He has been showing some mental strength since losing to Nadal in the
AO

ahonkan

May 15, 2012, 11:33:26 PM5/15/12
I'd love if he's mentally stronger now, but will
reserve my judgment till the second week of RG.
I personally think Fed is a bigger threat at
the non-slams than the slams at this point
of time. His relatively routine defeat in the AO
SF is a grim reminder of that. He's more likely
to succumb to the likes of Soda, Berdych,
Tsonga, Delpo & even Raonic/ Isner in
5-setters, let alone Djoker or Rafa. I think he
can handle Murray/ Ferrer/ Tomic types anywhere.
Having said that, I can't be happier if he gets his
2nd FO, 7th W, 1st Oly Singles Gold, 6th USO
and 2 more weeks at #1. If you want to dream,
dream big!

Court_1

May 15, 2012, 11:40:30 PM5/15/12
On May 15, 10:55 pm, PeteWasLucky <waleed.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the first time I hear Federer saying something like that, he
> said it after beating Nadal in IW.
> Is he working with a psychologist? :)

Let's friggin' hope so! He should have talked to somebody years ago
after W 2008 about his mental collapse in some of those Nadal
matches! Hopefully between Annacone guiding him with the right game
plan and a shrink helping him with his head, he can win a few meetings
with Nadal in the future. I will remain optimistic for now.

Gracchus

May 16, 2012, 2:30:13 AM5/16/12
On May 15, 10:40 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let's friggin' hope so! He should have talked to somebody years ago
> after W 2008 about his mental collapse in some of those Nadal
> matches!  Hopefully between Annacone guiding him with the right game
> plan and a shrink helping him with his head, he can win a few meetings
> with Nadal in the future. I will remain optimistic for now.

Considering the long stretches Federer went without a coach, he seems
like an ultra self-reliant type who would be reluctant to seek help
even if he sorely needed it. But his comment about the "no-lose
mentality" was as uncharacteristic as it was refreshing to read, so
maybe--and hopefully--something like that is going on.

Whisper

May 16, 2012, 6:21:32 AM5/16/12
On 16/05/2012 4:30 PM, Gracchus wrote:
> On May 15, 10:40 pm, Court_1<Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Let's friggin' hope so! He should have talked to somebody years ago
>> after W 2008 about his mental collapse in some of those Nadal
>> matches! Hopefully between Annacone guiding him with the right game
>> plan and a shrink helping him with his head, he can win a few meetings
>> with Nadal in the future. I will remain optimistic for now.
>
> Considering the long stretches Federer went without a coach, he seems
> like an ultra self-reliant type who would be reluctant to seek help

'Ultra'? You Fedfuckers crack me up. Why does every Fed description
have to carry bizarre descriptors like 'super', 'amazing', 'god-like' etc?

If Fed is 'ultra' self reliant type, that makes McEnroe
Super-duper-Jesus-fucking-christ self-reliant type. He never had a coach.

Gracchus

May 16, 2012, 6:33:22 AM5/16/12
You really have a talent for finding the stupidest possible things to
dispute. I wasn't even trying to praise him with the description, and
yet it still inflames you and provokes an utterly irrelevant
comparison to McEnroe. This shows that your pathological hatred for
Fed has passed a critical threshold.

Ok, how about this: Federer is VERY self-reliant and Rafa puts ULTRA
EXTREME AMAZING topspin on the ball. Now I've cut Fed down a peg and
given your new blow-up doll fantasy boy some hyperbolic praise. Happy
now?

Vlado

May 16, 2012, 6:44:09 AM5/16/12
On May 15, 10:55 pm, PeteWasLucky <waleed.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
He is fooling around. He was talking non sennse there about installing
a shot clock.
He'll start whining and complaining very soon again
and be exposed as a loser again. It will probably happen this saturday
when Nole rips him up.

kaennorsing

May 16, 2012, 6:34:39 AM5/16/12
But he had a lot of doubles partners, no? Couldn't quite cut it on his
own?

Vlado

May 16, 2012, 6:54:25 AM5/16/12
There is no magical mental issue . He will never do what Nole did in
coming
back and saving match/break points the way he did in the last two
slams.
Fedhole's game is based on the other guy beating himself largely from
all the slicing and dicing, change of rhythm and of course media hype
and pressures.Nadal never cared for that and being single minded was
not
bothered by it.I think Nole is passed that stage as well.

Whisper

May 16, 2012, 6:55:56 AM5/16/12
On 16/05/2012 8:33 PM, Gracchus wrote:
> On May 16, 5:21 am, Whisper<beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> On 16/05/2012 4:30 PM, Gracchus wrote:
>
>> 'Ultra'? You Fedfuckers crack me up. Why does every Fed description
>> have to carry bizarre descriptors like 'super', 'amazing', 'god-like' etc?
>>
>> If Fed is 'ultra' self reliant type, that makes McEnroe
>> Super-duper-Jesus-fucking-christ self-reliant type. He never had a coach.
>
> You really have a talent for finding the stupidest possible things to
> dispute. I wasn't even trying to praise him with the description, and
> yet it still inflames you and provokes an utterly irrelevant
> comparison to McEnroe. This shows that your pathological hatred for
> Fed has passed a critical threshold.

um, clearly I have a problem with fawning fanatics rather than Fed
himself. Sure Fed isn't perfect & leaves himself open to some
criticism, but most of my criticism is directed at the nutso fans for
over the top worship.

> Ok, how about this: Federer is VERY self-reliant and Rafa puts ULTRA
> EXTREME AMAZING topspin on the ball. Now I've cut Fed down a peg and
> given your new blow-up doll fantasy boy some hyperbolic praise. Happy
> now?

I'd say Fed is self-reliant & doesn't have much need of a coach. There
is no need for 'very', 'ultra' etc. It just doesn't fit.

Yes Rafa does produce extreme ultra topspin. That's obvious to everyone.

kaennorsing

May 16, 2012, 6:40:29 AM5/16/12
Don't know in what context the statement was made, but for all we know
Fed may have always had a no lose mentality. I agree he's appeared
stronger mentally in the last 7/8 months than in the last couple of
years, but don't think it has much to do with the AO loss to Rafa;
he'd already won a number of titles in the months prior to that match,
destroyed Rafa at the YEC etc.

TT

May 16, 2012, 7:16:59 AM5/16/12
16.5.2012 13:54, Vlado kirjoitti:
> Fedhole's game is based on the other guy beating himself largely from
> all the slicing and dicing, change of rhythm and of course media hype
> and pressures.

Yes.

Gracchus

May 16, 2012, 7:23:16 AM5/16/12
On May 16, 5:55 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> I'd say Fed is self-reliant & doesn't have much need of a coach.  There
> is no need for 'very', 'ultra' etc.  It just doesn't fit.

In my judgement, "very" fits just fine. He's certainly at the opposite
end of the spectrum from Rafa, who not only depends on his uncle's
constant presence, but needs to get illegal coaching from him during
matches. But as I said, I wasn't even praising Fed when I said he is
ultra self-reliant. It is simply a character trait, and one that could
even become an impediment if it prevents him from seeking help when he
needs it.

Whisper

May 16, 2012, 7:28:50 AM5/16/12
On 16/05/2012 9:23 PM, Gracchus wrote:
> On May 16, 5:55 am, Whisper<beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I'd say Fed is self-reliant& doesn't have much need of a coach. There
>> is no need for 'very', 'ultra' etc. It just doesn't fit.
>
> In my judgement, "very" fits just fine. He's certainly at the opposite
> end of the spectrum from Rafa, who not only depends on his uncle's
> constant presence, but needs to get illegal coaching from him during
> matches. But as I said, I wasn't even praising Fed when I said he is
> ultra self-reliant. It is simply a character trait, and one that could
> even become an impediment if it prevents him from seeking help when he
> needs it.

Still 'ultra' is inappropriate. That would be somebody who is 100%
averse to any kind of coaching & has never had one, & rebuts any mention
of the idea.

Federer is independent & self-reliant. Not 'ultra' or 'very'.

Looks like you've sucked me into some pedantry here so safe to end the
thread here I'd say.

ca1houn

May 16, 2012, 7:54:00 AM5/16/12
That why he only have 7 slams, and did crack

ca1houn

May 16, 2012, 7:58:50 AM5/16/12
No that Nadal game wait run wait some more oh point over guy miss.
How can federer have that game if hes hitting more winner the most of
his competition. That alone would show you that he's taking control
over a point

ca1houn

May 16, 2012, 7:59:58 AM5/16/12
Please state that rafa is no where near in this department

Whisper

May 16, 2012, 8:15:15 AM5/16/12
7 slams in Mac's day is like 14 today, once we equalize for 1 surface
speed, technology, dearth of top players etc.

Whisper

May 16, 2012, 8:17:47 AM5/16/12
On 16/05/2012 9:59 PM, ca1houn wrote:
> On May 16, 4:28 am, Whisper<beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>>> In my judgement, "very" fits just fine. He's certainly at the opposite
>>> end of the spectrum from Rafa, who not only depends on his uncle's
>>> constant presence, but needs to get illegal coaching from him during
>>> matches. But as I said, I wasn't even praising Fed when I said he is
>>> ultra self-reliant. It is simply a character trait, and one that could
>>> even become an impediment if it prevents him from seeking help when he
>>> needs it.
>>
>> Still 'ultra' is inappropriate. That would be somebody who is 100%
>> averse to any kind of coaching& has never had one,& rebuts any mention
>> of the idea.
>>
>> Federer is independent& self-reliant. Not 'ultra' or 'very'.
>>
>> Looks like you've sucked me into some pedantry here so safe to end the
>> thread here I'd say.
>
> Please state that rafa is no where near in this department

Correct. Rafa is more needy emotionally, in that he seems to need
people close to him there & barracking for him. It gets results.

Superdave

May 16, 2012, 8:27:11 AM5/16/12
is this a "new" joke or what?

7 > 14 ?

Gracchus

May 16, 2012, 8:40:56 AM5/16/12
On May 16, 7:27 am, Superdave <fedna...@gmail.com> wrote:

> is this a "new" joke or what?
>
> 7 > 14 ?

No, you still don't get the big picture. 7 of Mac's today = 14. But 14
of Pete's today = 20.

Now he's well ahead of Roger, just like Howard Hughes was richer than
Bill Gates. Works like magic, doesn't it?

RzR

May 16, 2012, 8:42:14 AM5/16/12
awwwww poor dumb and dumber cannot take the fact that nole or nadal will
never, ever, not in a million years be able to produce the shotmaking of
the best ever federer

but thats ok...they excel in other parts of todays tennis...stalling,
endless running, doping, and similar secondary crap

RzR

May 16, 2012, 8:44:10 AM5/16/12
LOL

there is saying "quit while youre ahead", but youre so far behind
already, nothing can help you

felangey

May 16, 2012, 8:48:28 AM5/16/12
>Fedhole's game is based on the other guy beating himself largely from all
>the slicing and dicing, change of rhythm

Wait, what? So it is Fed's slicing and dicing and change of rhythm that wins
the matches? So the other guy *isn't* beating himself. Try to make sense
from one post to another vladthelad. Of course, first non-logical post and
TTtheSeal pops his head about the water to slap fins and honkhonk in
approval! :)

Gracchus

May 16, 2012, 8:53:40 AM5/16/12
On May 16, 7:48 am, "felangey" <th...@thisplace.invalid> wrote:

> Wait, what? So it is Fed's slicing and dicing and change of rhythm that wins
> the matches? So the other guy *isn't* beating himself. Try to make sense
> from one post to another vladthelad.

I thought it was "Vlad the Inhaler." He seems to have a fondness for
airplane glue.

Vlado

May 16, 2012, 9:12:43 AM5/16/12
Hey I don't think we will ever agree on anything so why try and bother
everyone
with this confusing and aimless post?

TT

May 16, 2012, 9:28:50 AM5/16/12
He likes to whine?

ahonkan

May 16, 2012, 10:02:20 AM5/16/12
Not having a coach doesn't make anyone great by default.
But not realizing that you need a coach, esp when you stop
winning slams at the ripe old age of 25 makes Mac an Idiot.
Just like you.

RaspingDrive

May 16, 2012, 10:35:58 AM5/16/12
TT is the very essence of objectivity. NOT.

RaspingDrive

May 16, 2012, 10:35:29 AM5/16/12
You talk too much for your own good. I see that last week's (your)
egregious predictions have been brushed aside with typical nonchalance
using some of your worn out excuses. At least wait until Nole wins the
FO. I don't think it is going to happen but let us see.

Patrick Kehoe

May 16, 2012, 2:35:57 PM5/16/12
Who do you think might beat him in Paris?

Why do you believe Rafa will come up short going for #7... Nadal seems
very motivated in Rome, his prep area for Paris...

felangey

May 16, 2012, 3:24:23 PM5/16/12
>Who do you think might beat him in Paris?

Danger men include Nole, JMDP....to a lesser extent, Fed who will facny
another pop, Murray, Berdy and assorted others. The obvious main threat is
Nole....we shall see this week how serious he is about focusing his whole
year around RG. Is this where the rubber meets the road? He beat Nadal like
a drum every time he met him on clay last year....and has the legs over
Nadal in a long match. Can Nadal effect enough of an energy surge and
maintain attacking enough a game to get through Nole in 5? Will he try and
waste him in 3 should they meet, to avoid failing legs?

>Why do you believe Rafa will come up short going for #7... Nadal seems
very motivated in Rome, his prep area for Paris...<

As does Nole....

Court_1

May 16, 2012, 4:52:23 PM5/16/12
On May 16, 2:30 am, Gracchus <cernunn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 15, 10:40 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Let's friggin' hope so! He should have talked to somebody years ago
> > after W 2008 about his mental collapse in some of those Nadal
> > matches!  Hopefully between Annacone guiding him with the right game
> > plan and a shrink helping him with his head, he can win a few meetings
> > with Nadal in the future. I will remain optimistic for now.
>
> Considering the long stretches Federer went without a coach, he seems
> like an ultra self-reliant type who would be reluctant to seek help
> even if he sorely needed it. But his comment about the "no-lose
> mentality" was as uncharacteristic as it was refreshing to read, so
> maybe--and hopefully--something like that is going on.

Federer is a stubborn guy and that may have cost him in his matches
against Nadal. He has kids now and that changes a person's whole life
perspective and mindset so maybe he finally realized his ways were not
working.

There was some interview he did in the Fall where he said after a
bunch of those matches where he had the match and then lost it, Mirka
told him that something must be going on. It is ok to choke one or two
matches away but more than that and you need to investigate the
possibility that something deeper is going on. To me those comments
from him sounded like he was ready to acknowledge that the there was a
large mental aspect or lack of confidence in those losses and maybe he
did finally go seek help. I hope so!

Court_1

May 16, 2012, 5:02:09 PM5/16/12
On May 16, 3:24 pm, "felangey" <th...@thisplace.invalid> wrote:
> >Who do you think might beat him in Paris?
>
> Danger men include Nole, JMDP....to a lesser extent, Fed who will facny
> another pop, Murray, Berdy and assorted others.

LMAO! Yep, Del Potro and Berdych are real danger signs for Nadal at
the FO! Ha, ha, ha! You have lost it completely.

There are only two possible dangerous players for Nadal on the clay of
RG, the first and most likely is Djokovic and that depends on whether
Djokovic can find his 2011 form or close to it, and the second player
is Federer, but he is a long shot to beat Nadal on the slow clay at
the FO. The other guys are non-factors for Nadal unless Nadal is
injured or decides to play in a wheelchair at that event.

moduli

May 16, 2012, 5:03:04 PM5/16/12
What about Isner? ;-)

Court_1

May 16, 2012, 5:16:25 PM5/16/12
On May 16, 5:03 pm, moduli <mathd...@nospam.com> wrote:
Nope, don't think so.

Superdave

May 16, 2012, 8:49:03 PM5/16/12
says she who thinks rafa would beat jesus christ himself at roland garros....

Vlado

May 16, 2012, 9:32:15 PM5/16/12
Federer is a coward who expects to be given the match on the plate.
Nothing to do with stubborness, that's what got him everything he has.
All one needs to do is see the US sf the last two years. He didn't
anything
wrong per se but he didn't do anything right either, just his typical
game.

Gracchus

May 16, 2012, 10:47:45 PM5/16/12
On May 16, 8:32 pm, Vlado <vlado2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Federer is a coward who expects to be given the match on the plate.
> Nothing to do with stubborness, that's what got him everything he has.
> All one needs to do is see the US sf the last two years. He didn't
> anything
> wrong per se but he didn't do anything right either, just his typical
> game.

Didn't do anything right in a five-set nailbiter? Presumably Djokovic
gifted him the two sets because he was feeling charitable even though
Federer knocked him out of the same tournament multiple times. Didn't
do anything wrong but he lost the match? Seems like not hitting
winners when he needed them is doing something wrong, since he is
obviously capable of producing those shots.

As I said the other day, Vlado, we do enjoy you here. And the very
fact you don't understand why is the reason.

RaspingDrive

May 16, 2012, 10:57:56 PM5/16/12
On May 16, 9:32 pm, Vlado <vlado2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Federer is a coward who expects to be given the match on the plate.
> Nothing to do with stubborness, that's what got him everything he has.
> All one needs to do is see the US sf the last two years. He didn't
> anything
> wrong per se but he didn't do anything right either, just his typical
> game.

Look up the meaning of hubris.

RaspingDrive

May 16, 2012, 11:01:07 PM5/16/12
On May 16, 5:02 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> LMAO! Yep, Del Potro and Berdych are real danger signs for Nadal at
> the FO!  Ha, ha, ha! You have lost it completely.

He he, felangey is in his AO 2012 optimism mood, it appears.

> There are only two possible dangerous players for Nadal on the clay of
> RG, the first and most likely is Djokovic and that depends on whether
> Djokovic can find his 2011 form or close to it, and the second player
> is Federer, but he is a long shot to beat Nadal on the slow clay at
> the FO. The other guys are non-factors for Nadal unless Nadal is
> injured or decides to play in a wheelchair at that event.

Fed can beat Nole again but will fall short against Rafa one more
time. If he doesn't beat Nole Rafa will.

RaspingDrive

May 16, 2012, 10:55:08 PM5/16/12
On May 16, 4:52 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There was some interview he did  in the Fall where he said after a
> bunch of those matches where he had the match and then lost it, Mirka
> told him that something must be going on. It is ok to choke one or two
> matches away but more than that and you need to investigate the
> possibility that something deeper is going on. To me those comments
> from him sounded like he was ready to acknowledge that the there was a
> large mental aspect or lack of confidence in those losses and maybe he
> did finally go seek help. I hope so!

And then readily got spanked by Rafa, this time at AO, proving that AO
2009 win was probably not a fluke for Rafa:) When Fed lost Wimbledon
2008 to Rafa he admitted it was a disaster. The Rafa HC win over Fed
at AO early this year, however, was more significant, IMO, as it was a
repeat failure at a Fed stronghold. His slam results henceforth will
indicate whether he has addressed the perceived mental aspect against
his nemesis.

Patrick Kehoe

RaspingDrive

May 16, 2012, 11:38:34 PM5/16/12
On May 16, 11:28 pm, Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> wrote:

> Let me ask you AGAIN! If I may...
>
> Who do you think might beat him in Paris?
>
> Why do you believe Rafa will come up short going for #7... Nadal
> seems
> very motivated in Rome, his prep area for Paris...

I replied but the post did not show up yet. I was talking about Rafa's
prospects for 2012 FO, which I think are excellent. His chances at
Rome are excellent too.

RaspingDrive

May 16, 2012, 10:44:22 PM5/16/12
Huh? Patrick, what happened to you? Please re-read what I wrote :) My
ranking for FO as it stands now: 1) Rafa 2) Fed 3) Nole. It may change
after Rome though.

Court_1

May 17, 2012, 12:18:02 AM5/17/12
Let's hope one of them defeats Djokovic at the FO this year. I will
puke if Djokovic gets the Grand Slam.

Gracchus

May 17, 2012, 2:02:25 AM5/17/12
On May 16, 11:18 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let's hope one of them defeats Djokovic at the FO this year. I will
> puke if Djokovic gets the Grand Slam.

That's the spirit. :) Though personally I'd rather see Djokovic win
them all than have Rafa win one.

Superdave

May 17, 2012, 5:10:38 AM5/17/12
er....he "seemed" motivated in madrid also and we all "know" what happened.

Superdave

May 17, 2012, 5:11:06 AM5/17/12
ME TOO !!!

RaspingDrive

May 17, 2012, 8:48:00 AM5/17/12
I suspect a forceful Rafa or the magic Fed is all it would take for
the Djokernaut's wheels to fall off. It seems imminent, if the
evidence of the last meeting between Rafa and Nole is anything to go
by. I would rather that Djoke wins the FO (if not Fed, that is) but I
have to be realistic :) After all, RG is Rafa's bastion.

RaspingDrive

May 17, 2012, 8:50:02 AM5/17/12
On May 17, 5:11 am, Superdave <fedna...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 May 2012 23:02:25 -0700 (PDT), Gracchus <cernunn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On May 16, 11:18 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> Let's hope one of them defeats Djokovic at the FO this year. I will
> >> puke if Djokovic gets the Grand Slam.
>
> >That's the spirit. :) Though personally I'd rather see Djokovic win
> >them all than have Rafa win one.
>
> ME TOO !!!

Include me also, but, realistically, FO 2012 is Rafa's to lose.

Superdave

May 17, 2012, 9:28:45 AM5/17/12
WAS his bastion.

Patrick Kehoe

May 17, 2012, 9:48:07 AM5/17/12
Thanks RD!

RaspingDrive

May 17, 2012, 11:28:57 AM5/17/12
I hope you understand I did not mean to be rude :)

RaspingDrive

May 17, 2012, 11:29:22 AM5/17/12
On May 17, 9:28 am, Superdave <fedna...@gmail.com> wrote:
Matter of opinion :)

Court_1

May 17, 2012, 5:31:05 PM5/17/12
Nope, I can't share that view with you. If Federer does not win, I
would much prefer Nadal win over Djokovic. Nadal at least is a fierce
competitor who gives his all for every point; Djokovic is a serial
faker and tanker. His antics since the USO 2011--i.e. not showing up
and giving his best in many tournaments have made me dislike him. I
can't respect a player like that.

Court_1

May 17, 2012, 5:41:22 PM5/17/12
On May 17, 9:28 am, Superdave <fedna...@gmail.com> wrote:
There is no evidence that it still isn't his bastion. Did Djokovic win
the FO last year or has he ever won it? Until he does, it is Nadal's.

Court_1

May 17, 2012, 5:37:46 PM5/17/12
I think so too. I think Federer or Nadal will beat Djokovic at the FO,
I would prefer it be Federer who does the job, but if it can't be him,
I hope Nadal can do it. I would be happy to see Nadal win his seventh
FO if Federer can't win his second. Nadal does deserve to be the king
of clay and he will definitely be that if he wins 7 FO's.

moduli

May 17, 2012, 5:46:52 PM5/17/12
You really dislike Djokovic---perceived tanking and all? I think if Djoker
can display good form and beat Nadal soundly it would negate his bad tendencies.

Whisper

May 18, 2012, 5:43:15 AM5/18/12
Yes, it's all over now as it's 2012 & he hasn't won since;

2011
2010
2008
2007
2006
2005

Good analysis.

Gracchus

May 18, 2012, 5:49:40 AM5/18/12
On May 17, 4:37 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think so too. I think Federer or Nadal will beat Djokovic at the FO,
> I would prefer it be Federer who does the job, but if it can't be him,
> I hope Nadal can do it. I would be happy to see Nadal win his seventh
> FO if Federer can't win his second. Nadal does deserve to be the king
> of clay and he will definitely be that if he wins 7 FO's.

It looks like Dave was right about you being a secret Rafa fan.

Court_1

May 18, 2012, 8:03:53 AM5/18/12
On May 18, 5:49 am, Gracchus <cernunn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 17, 4:37 pm, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I think so too. I think Federer or Nadal will beat Djokovic at the FO,
> > I would prefer it be Federer who does the job, but if it can't be him,
> > I hope Nadal can do it. I would be happy to see Nadal win his seventh
> > FO if Federer can't win his second. Nadal does deserve to be the king
> > of clay and he will definitely bethatif he wins 7 FO's.
>
> It looks like Dave was right about you being a secret Rafa fan.

No secret at all. As I have stated 100 times on here before, Federer
is my favorite but I don't hate Nadal. I hate some of the things Nadal
does, but in general I don't hate him as a player or tennis star. If
Federer can't win the FO, then I would rather see Nadal win then
Fakeovic. I know this is hard for you to grasp, but that's how it is.
You have heard the term Fedal fan correct? I am not the only one.

Superdave

May 18, 2012, 8:22:22 AM5/18/12
BUT you pick RAFA over Fed ALL the time. If Fed was your favorite you
would pick him to win.

Instead you pick him to LOSE. All the time. NEVER pick Rafa to lose either.

So, give up the ruse already.

Court_1

May 18, 2012, 8:26:41 AM5/18/12
On May 18, 8:22 am, Superdave <fedna...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh brother, not this again!

I ALWAYS want Federer to win. Wanting a player to win and predicting
who will win in each tournament are two different things. Duh! Do I
need to draw you a picture? :)

Gracchus

May 18, 2012, 9:39:56 AM5/18/12
On May 18, 7:03 am, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> No secret at all. As I have stated 100 times on here before, Federer
> is my favorite but I don't hate Nadal. I hate some of the things Nadal
> does, but in general I don't hate him as a player or tennis star. If
> Federer can't win the FO, then I would rather see Nadal win then
> Fakeovic. I know this is hard for you to grasp, but that's how it is.
> You have heard the term Fedal fan correct? I am not the only one.

Even though I'm neutral toward Djokovic, I can understand you
disliking him not wanting him to win. But what I can't understand is
you seeing Rafa as the next best thing to Federer winning. The idea of
actually taking pleasure in seeing the howler monkey lift the trophy
again and his dimwitted fans here crowing about it afterward. Why is
there a distinction between the things Rafa does and what he is, while
with Djokovic it is one and the same? So Djokovic is beneath contempt
now for tanking, but because Rafa has indomitable competitive spirit,
it doesn't matter that he shamelessly breaks the rules, uses dirty
gamesmanship, and indulges in entitled whining about everything that
doesn't go just the way he wants it to.

This "Fedal fan" thing is unacceptable, even indecent, because it
tries to meld two things that are mutually exclusive. If you spoke
such heresy in the Middle Ages, they would have used a scourge to help
you see the light. Now those were the good old days.

Shakes

May 18, 2012, 12:45:44 PM5/18/12
On May 18, 6:39 am, Gracchus <cernunn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On May 18, 7:03 am, Court_1 <Olympia0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > No secret at all. As I have stated 100 times on here before, Federer
> > is my favorite but I don't hate Nadal. I hate some of the things Nadal
> > does, but in general I don't hate him as a player or tennis star. If
> > Federer can't win the FO, then I would rather see Nadal win then
> > Fakeovic. I know this is hard for you to grasp, but that's how it is.
> > You have heard the term Fedal fan correct? I am not the only one.
>
> The idea of
> actually taking pleasure in seeing the howler monkey lift the trophy
> again and his dimwitted fans here crowing about it afterward.

The same thing could be said about anybody. I think most non-Fed fans
feel the same way about Fed winning, BTW. Fans, by nature, are
dimwitted. Fed fans, Nadal fans, Sampras fans etc. Doesn't make fans
of one player superior to fans of another player. :-)

Patrick Kehoe

May 18, 2012, 12:57:39 PM5/18/12
Exactly...

Allez
VAMOS!
GO Pete

:)))))

Iceberg

May 18, 2012, 1:35:30 PM5/18/12
infiltraitor!!!
;)

Iceberg

May 18, 2012, 1:44:22 PM5/18/12
no, most Nadal and Sampras fans are good and sensible types, the
Fedfans are generally, how should I describe it, people of serious and
dangerous violence!

Iceberg

May 18, 2012, 1:34:20 PM5/18/12
On May 16, 12:59 pm, ca1houn <vageta95...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On May 16, 4:28 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> > > In my judgement, "very" fits just fine. He's certainly at the opposite
> > > end of the spectrum from Rafa, who not only depends on his uncle's
> > > constant presence, but needs to get illegal coaching from him during
> > > matches. But as I said, I wasn't even praising Fed when I said he is
> > > ultra self-reliant. It is simply a character trait, and one that could
> > > even become an impediment if it prevents him from seeking help when he
> > > needs it.
>
> > Still 'ultra' is inappropriate.  That would be somebody who is 100%
> > averse to any kind of coaching & has never had one, & rebuts any mention
> > of the idea.
>
> > Federer is independent & self-reliant.  Not 'ultra' or 'very'.
>
> > Looks like you've sucked me into some pedantry here so safe to end the
> > thread here I'd say.
>
> Please state that rafa is no where near in this department

what about Fed being married and constantly have Mirko around?

felangey

May 18, 2012, 2:36:39 PM5/18/12
>no, most Nadal and Sampras fans are good and sensible types, the
Fedfans are generally, how should I describe it, people of serious and
dangerous violence!

..but the Sampadal fans number Iceberg. We rest our case m'lud. :))