Can't excuse Serenas reaction, but the line-judge was also out of order.

1 view

Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Sep 13, 2009, 4:18:49 AM9/13/09
It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
unfolded. Especially calling a foot-fault at such a critical stage of
the match, you should be 200% certain.

Of course, Serena over-reacted, but in the context it was
understandable.

Serena was correct to be pissed.

Paul

Sep 13, 2009, 4:21:14 AM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 1:18 am, "Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger,
Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus

OK, SO THEN IF PLAYERS KNOW THAT THEY CAN STEP
OVER THE LINE ON CRITICAL POINTS AND MATCHES, AND NOT
GET CALLED ON IT, THEN THEY WILL DO SO, AND THEN
PRETTY SOON THEY WILL SCOOTCH CLOSER AND CLOSER
TO THE NET......

EVEN SERENA ADMITTED THAT SHE FOOT-FAULTED.......

Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Sep 13, 2009, 4:22:24 AM9/13/09

Have you seen the replay, moron? It was not a foot-fault.

CloudsRest

Sep 13, 2009, 4:27:18 AM9/13/09
Meridius." <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
> Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
> unfolded. Especially calling a foot-fault at such a critical stage of
> the match, you should be 200% certain.

She was 192.7% certain, so close enough.

--
"Cover us from the window, we're gonna start the engine and take this
thing to Rockdale. ***YAH*** (black guy nailed with rifle butt)"

-DevereauxTT

Bink B

Sep 13, 2009, 5:03:56 AM9/13/09
Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:
> It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
> Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
> unfolded. Especially calling a foot-fault at such a critical stage of
> the match, you should be 200% certain.

How do you know she wasn't 200% certain? Did you talk to her?

> Of course, Serena over-reacted, but in the context it was
> understandable.

No it wasn't.

> Serena was correct to be pissed.

There's pissed and there's "I'm nuts and need anger management class."

Bink B

Sep 13, 2009, 5:04:44 AM9/13/09
Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,

You don't see very well, or you see things that aren't there.
Navratilova watched it too and thought it was a fault.

Alaska Rocks

Sep 13, 2009, 5:21:20 AM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 10:18 am, "Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger,

Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus
Meridius." <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:

What are you talikn about? It was either a foo-fault or not a foot-
fault. If it was a foot-fault then the line-judge was obligated to
call it. That was her job. LOL

DavidW

Sep 13, 2009, 5:26:58 AM9/13/09

Your keyboard needs servicing.

bucky3

Sep 13, 2009, 5:27:25 AM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 1:18 am, "Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger,
Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus
Meridius."
> Of course, Serena over-reacted, but in the context it was understandable.
> Serena was correct to be pissed.

Fine that Serena should have been pissed, but there's no excuse to
verbally abuse an official ever, even if they purposely made the wrong
call. Are you saying that whenever an official makes an incorrect
call, a player should be allowed to scream f-bombs towards an official?

bucky3

Sep 13, 2009, 5:29:00 AM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 1:22 am, "Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger,

Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus
> Have you seen the replay, moron? It was not a foot-fault.

I have only seen replays from a 45 degree angle, which was
inconclusive whether it was a foot fault. Have you seen a replay that
is looking down the baseline? Please share a link because that would
be the only conclusive angle.

Alaska Rocks

Sep 13, 2009, 5:31:00 AM9/13/09
> Navratilova watched it too and thought it was a fault.-

Just recently, the World Championships in Berlin, I would not help
noticing how many black athletes foot-faulted. At the Olympics, they
dropped the baton, men and women. In Berlin, they had high-speed
cameras and instant replay just for checking foot-faults so the
athletes have no way to complain. Some of them could not even get one
jump without foot-fault. It was very disappointing.

Another thing, Serena knew that she was fucked. She devised a scenario
that at least in her own mind keeps her from taking a loss from a
superior player. For some people, it might have worked. Not as nasty
but similar to Henin walking off the court, claiming injury when
Mauresmo was beating the tar out he him. Maybe, Serena will retire
also :-)

Whisper

Sep 13, 2009, 5:41:55 AM9/13/09
Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,
Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:

No excuse for what Serena did. The time to put Kim away was well before
that point. If she couldn't do it then it comes down to luck whether
you get out of that situation.

Women's tennis has never been this low in quality. the fact Kim can
come back & beat both sistas tells you what a joke the absolute level
is. Graf woulda won 40 slams had she kept playing.

Jason Catlin

Sep 13, 2009, 6:52:09 AM9/13/09

Yet Henin couldn't win a single Wimbledon?

TT

Sep 13, 2009, 7:40:38 AM9/13/09
Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,
Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:
> It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.

It was a foot fault. But I agree it shouldn't be called at such moment.

Practically gifted the match to kim.

Paul

Sep 13, 2009, 7:47:30 AM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 1:22 am, "Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger,

HEY DUMBSHIT..... AS THE OTHER POSTERS HAVE SAID:

THE ONLY ANGLE APPARENTLY CAUGHT ON FILM IS
INCONCLUSIVE. I THINK SERENA DID THIS ON PURPOSE TO
TRY TO "SAVE FACE" IN A BAD ASS-WHOPPING BY UNSEEDED
PLAYER. NOT ONLY DOES IT NOT SAVE HER FACE, IT DESTROYS
IT COMPLETELY!!!!

TT

Sep 13, 2009, 7:49:36 AM9/13/09

That's just stupid.

Paul

Sep 13, 2009, 7:50:26 AM9/13/09

NOT CALLED AT THAT MOMENT??!!! BULLSHIT!!!

THEN WHY NOT LET THE PLAYERS SERVE UP
AT THE NET AT CRITICAL POINTS?

MBDunc

Sep 13, 2009, 7:58:48 AM9/13/09

But you constantly (during summer 2009) argued that Serera 2009 is the
peak play Serena (as she was holder of three slams, she must be at her
peak)

.mikko

MBDunc

Sep 13, 2009, 8:02:49 AM9/13/09
On 13 syys, 14:40, TT <gol...@ilbuono.net> wrote:
> Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,
> Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:
>
> > It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
>
> It was a foot fault. But I agree it shouldn't be called at such moment.

Of course it should be called. Otherwise there starts constant
challenges of boundaries making mockery of the base rules (a'la when a
player can start footfaulting for free during the match: during a
breakpoint? at tie-break? at 3-3?).

.mikko

TT

Sep 13, 2009, 8:05:13 AM9/13/09
Paul wrote:
> On Sep 13, 4:40 am, TT <gol...@ilbuono.net> wrote:
>> Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,
>> Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:
>>
>>> It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
>> It was a foot fault. But I agree it shouldn't be called at such moment.
>>
>> Practically gifted the match to kim.
>

> NOT CALLED AT THAT MOMENT??!!! BULLSHIT!!!

Yes, I agree, it's bullshit.

> THEN WHY NOT LET THE PLAYERS SERVE UP
> AT THE NET AT CRITICAL POINTS?

As Javier? said it's likely 95% of footfaults are not called anyway, so
calling it at this moment is bad judgement, although by the book.

--
"If I was 7-13 against Andre it would be hard to say I was the best of
my generation"

Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Sep 13, 2009, 8:09:25 AM9/13/09

Well yes it SHOULD be called if IT IS one but only if it is beyond
reasonable doubt. All the replays I have seen are largely
inconclusive, therefore it was a bad call.

TT

Sep 13, 2009, 8:13:49 AM9/13/09

I understand that. But still it seems a dubious way to lose a match
since I feel foot fault is greatly dependant on who happens to be the
foot fault judge. I bet Serena can play tournaments without being called
on it even though it would be her habit of serving close to the line
like that.

hoser1605

Sep 13, 2009, 8:25:41 AM9/13/09

Totally agree.

James Fenimore

Sep 13, 2009, 9:16:46 AM9/13/09
The WATER BUFFALO can now concentrate on its film career ....
bwahahahaha ...

http://animalsneedkisses.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/1gorilladm1803_468x586.jpg

StephenJ

Sep 13, 2009, 10:05:47 AM9/13/09
>Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,
>Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:
> It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
> Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
> unfolded.

yes, well said.

--
How can an enemy invoke the constitution?
His goal is to annihilate it ...

- Robespierre

Javier Gonzalez

Sep 13, 2009, 10:11:37 AM9/13/09

That's complete bullshit. Objective rules (did player step on the line or not)
should not be applied in a subjective matter. Would you approve of not calling
service faults if the serve almost touched the line and it was a turning point
on the match?

greg...@hotmail.com

Sep 13, 2009, 10:36:39 AM9/13/09
On 13 Sep, 15:05, StephenJ <j...@cox.net> wrote:
>  >Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,
>  >Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:
>
> > It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
> > Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
> > unfolded.
>
> yes, well said.

Why not? Have you seen a replay from a camera looking across the
baseline which showed that she didn't foot-fault?

Superdave

Sep 13, 2009, 4:38:59 AM9/13/09
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 01:22:24 -0700 (PDT), "Professor X - Murray Will

Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator &

You sir must be BLIND as well as being GAY.

Superdave

Sep 13, 2009, 4:37:50 AM9/13/09
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 01:18:49 -0700 (PDT), "Professor X - Murray Will

Maximus Decimus Meridius." <suebo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
>Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
>unfolded. Especially calling a foot-fault at such a critical stage of
>the match, you should be 200% certain.
>
>Of course, Serena over-reacted, but in the context it was
>understandable.
>
>Serena was correct to be pissed.

No. She was not. It was a 100% genuine foot fault and the call was
accurate. The stage of the match, the players contending the match and
the venue of the match are all totally IRRELEVANT !

Superdave

Sep 13, 2009, 8:06:59 AM9/13/09

Yes, and deservedly so.

Imagine Serena double faulted on match point. It shouldn't be called
at such a moment ?

You fucking guys are all CHEATERS ! No wonder you like Nadal.

Superdave

Sep 13, 2009, 8:08:17 AM9/13/09
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 04:50:26 -0700 (PDT), Paul <quill...@gmail.com>
wrote:

yeah ! lets's suspend double faults and all out calls too on match
point ! while we are at it let's suspend balls hit into the net as
well !

Superdave

Sep 13, 2009, 8:36:22 AM9/13/09

In which case it is CHEATING and should be called each and every time.

Believe me, this is NO joke, tennis is getting a reputation for
turning a blind eye to CHEATS and even abetting it.

"If" you love the sport you better get with it and stop it. And, that
includes Rafa's time wasting nonsense otherwise the sport will be hit
with major consequences and scandals quite soon.

Superdave

Sep 13, 2009, 7:55:30 AM9/13/09

Henin ? She was the king clown no ?

Superdave

Sep 13, 2009, 8:32:39 AM9/13/09
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 05:09:25 -0700 (PDT), "Professor X - Murray Will

Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator &

NO. I saw the replay and it WAS conclusive to me to be a foot fault.
The only other person to have not only a better view but a PERFECT
view was the linesperson herself and she called it a foot fault. Then
Serena herself in her presser said I think I did foot fault, the
linesperson was right.

Of course now we have a homosexual in rst saying it was a bad call and
not a foot fault. Well, I say lets shove that same foot up his ass and
see if he can now see ?

StephenJ

Sep 13, 2009, 11:01:10 AM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 9:36 am, "gregor...@hotmail.com" <gregor...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13 Sep, 15:05, StephenJ <j...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >  >Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,
> >  >Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:
>
> > > It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
> > > Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
> > > unfolded.
>
> > yes, well said.
>
> Why not?

two reasons:

1) whether she FFd or not was obviously very close, because no one has
been able to find a definitive camera angle.

2) so given that it was that close, there's no way it should have been
called. FF is a call that traditionally is not made unless it is
egregious, and if you're going to call it on the 2nd serve, meaning
the server loses the point, it HAS to be egregious.

terrible call by the linesman, who clearly has no understanding about
the context in which the call is usually made.

greg...@hotmail.com

Sep 13, 2009, 11:05:03 AM9/13/09
On 13 Sep, 16:01, StephenJ <sjar...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sep 13, 9:36 am, "gregor...@hotmail.com" <gregor...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 13 Sep, 15:05, StephenJ <j...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > >  >Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,

> > > yes, well said.
>
> > Why not?
>
> two reasons:
>
> 1) whether she FFd or not was obviously very close, because no one has
> been able to find a definitive camera angle.

There's no angle looking across the line, so there's no way to say it
wasn't a clear foot fault.

> 2) so given that it was that close, there's no way it should have been
> called. FF is a call that traditionally is not made unless it is
> egregious, and if you're going to call it on the 2nd serve, meaning
> the server loses the point, it HAS to be egregious.
>
> terrible call by the linesman, who clearly has no understanding about
> the context in which the call is usually made.

I'm afraid that here's no mention of "context" in the rules.

It sounds like you're just making excuses because you are fan of
Williams.

greg...@hotmail.com

Sep 13, 2009, 11:05:41 AM9/13/09

Only if it wasn't "egregious" obviously ...

DC

Sep 13, 2009, 11:12:12 AM9/13/09
StephenJ said the following on 13/09/2009 11:01 PM:

> terrible call by the linesman, who clearly has no understanding about
> the context in which the call is usually made.

Nor should she. She should base her call on the facts as she sees them.
The person who made the mistake(s) was Serena.

Anyway, why do players foot fault? One inch is not going to make any
difference on the serve. So why take the risk, especially if you're one
point from facing match point.

Patrick Kehoe

Sep 13, 2009, 11:26:58 AM9/13/09

++ Foot touching the line: Foot Fault. Once you get into 'letting it
go unless it's 'egregious' you are in the deep waters of playing the
game of 'relativity' with the rules, rules being the context within
which the athletic contest is ordered/structured for play as fair
competition... a lines person HAS to call faults as they see them to
AVOID randomizing the calls... that's asking for trouble!

Trevor Smithson

Sep 13, 2009, 11:47:32 AM9/13/09

Well, that's not how foot faults are called in today's game. Along
with time violations, they're called randomly and capriciously. At
some tournaments, they're called very close. Others, not at all. So
the rule is already is relative one, and has been for a long time.

gregorawe

Sep 13, 2009, 11:55:08 AM9/13/09

>>++ Foot touching the line: Foot Fault. Once you get into 'letting it
>>go unless it's 'egregious' you are in the deep waters of playing the
>>game of 'relativity' with the rules, rules being the context within
>>which the athletic contest is ordered/structured for play as fair
>>competition... a lines person HAS to call faults as they see them to
>>AVOID randomizing the calls... that's asking for trouble!
>>

> Well, that's not how foot faults are called in today's game. Along
> with time violations, they're called randomly and capriciously. At
> some tournaments, they're called very close. Others, not at all. So
> the rule is already is relative one, and has been for a long time.

I'm still not sure how you have arrived at this conclusion.

Is it through watching a lot of different tournaments live and seeing foot
faults not called? Or from talking to people who call lines at pro events?

Trevor Smithson

Sep 13, 2009, 12:02:14 PM9/13/09

So...do you arrive at your conclusion from watching a lot of different
tournaments live and seeing foot faults called? And from talking to

greg...@hotmail.com

Sep 13, 2009, 12:19:00 PM9/13/09

I have no idea how foot faults are called, since I don't regularly
watch pro events live. I assume that they are called when they happen,
but have no evidence to support this.

I'm just asking how you know that they aren't.

Bob

Sep 13, 2009, 1:06:39 PM9/13/09

The rules are not applied consistantly so invoking their objectivity on
paper isn't sufficient when a similar call has never (?) been made at a
similar juncture of a match. The Williams sisters have reasonable reasons to
be weary of bias and Serena's reaction in the heat of the moment if not
excusable should be put in perspective.

Bink B

Sep 13, 2009, 1:46:51 PM9/13/09
Whisper wrote:

> Women's tennis has never been this low in quality. the fact Kim can
> come back & beat both sistas tells you what a joke the absolute level
> is. Graf woulda won 40 slams had she kept playing.

You're probably right on this one.

Lord'sCock

Sep 13, 2009, 3:05:50 PM9/13/09
SERENA is never out of ORDURE!

StephenJ

Sep 13, 2009, 3:25:00 PM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 10:05 am, "gregor...@hotmail.com" <gregor...@hotmail.com>

wrote:
> On 13 Sep, 16:01, StephenJ <sjar...@cox.net> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 13, 9:36 am, "gregor...@hotmail.com" <gregor...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Why not?
>
> > two reasons:
>
> > 1) whether she FFd or not was obviously very close, because no one has
> > been able to find a definitive camera angle.
>
> There's no angle looking across the line, so there's no way to say it
> wasn't a clear foot fault.

and vice versa.

> > 2) so given that it was that close, there's no way it should have been
> > called. FF is a call that traditionally is not made unless it is
> > egregious, and if you're going to call it on the 2nd serve, meaning
> > the server loses the point, it HAS to be egregious.
>
> > terrible call by the linesman, who clearly has no understanding about
> > the context in which the call is usually made.
>
> I'm afraid that here's no mention of "context" in the rules.

.. and i'm afraid you still aren't getting it.

StephenJ

Sep 13, 2009, 3:25:23 PM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 10:12 am, DC <u...@nospam.net> wrote:
> StephenJ said the following on 13/09/2009 11:01 PM:
>
> > terrible call by the linesman, who clearly has no understanding about
> > the context in which the call is usually made.
>
> Nor should she.

No, absolutely she should.

StephenJ

Sep 13, 2009, 3:26:33 PM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 10:26 am, Patrick Kehoe <pke...@telus.net> wrote:
> On Sep 13, 8:12 am, DC <u...@nospam.net> wrote:
>
> > StephenJ said the following on 13/09/2009 11:01 PM:
>
> > > terrible call by the linesman, who clearly has no understanding about
> > > the context in which the call is usually made.
>
> > Nor should she. She should base her call on the facts as she sees them.
> > The person who made the mistake(s) was Serena.
>
> > Anyway, why do players foot fault? One inch is not going to make any
> > difference on the serve. So why take the risk, especially if you're one
> > point from facing match point.
>
> ++ Foot touching the line: Foot Fault. Once you get into 'letting it
> go unless it's 'egregious' you are in the deep waters of playing the
> game of 'relativity' with the rules,

are you kidding? FF is a rule that has NEVER been called rigidly.

i'm starting to wonder of some folks here have any knowledge of tennis
history at all.

StephenJ

Sep 13, 2009, 3:27:00 PM9/13/09
On Sep 13, 10:47 am, Trevor Smithson <trevor_smith...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 08:26:58 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Kehoe
>

> <pke...@telus.net> wrote:

> >> Nor should she. She should base her call on the facts as she sees them.
> >> The person who made the mistake(s) was Serena.
>
> >> Anyway, why do players foot fault? One inch is not going to make any
> >> difference on the serve. So why take the risk, especially if you're one
> >> point from facing match point.
>
> >++ Foot touching the line: Foot Fault. Once you get into 'letting it
> >go unless it's 'egregious' you are in the deep waters of playing the
> >game of 'relativity' with the rules, rules being the context within
> >which the athletic contest is ordered/structured for play as fair
> >competition... a lines person HAS to call faults as they see them to
> >AVOID randomizing the calls... that's asking for trouble!
>
> Well, that's not how foot faults are called in today's game.

that's how they have always been called.

John Doe

Sep 13, 2009, 3:44:46 PM9/13/09
StephenJ <sjaros3 cox.net> wrote:

> On Sep 13, 10:05�am, "gregor... hotmail.com" <gregor...
> hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On 13 Sep, 16:01, StephenJ <sjar... cox.net> wrote:
>>

>> > On Sep 13, 9:36�am, "gregor... hotmail.com" <gregor...
>> > hotmail.com> wrote:

It sure as hell would be the last time she got any break on the
rules if I were the linesman. If she threatened me like that, I
would shove my fucking chair up her fucking ass.

--
> From: StephenJ <sjaros3 cox.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.tennis
> Subject: Re: Can't excuse Serenas reaction, but the line-judge was also out of order.
> Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 12:25:00 -0700 (PDT)

greg...@hotmail.com

Sep 13, 2009, 3:55:44 PM9/13/09

> >> I'm afraid that here's no mention of "context" in the rules.
>
> > .. and i'm afraid you still aren't getting it.
>
> It sure as hell would be the last time she got any break on the
> rules if I were the linesman. If she threatened me like that, I
> would shove my fucking chair up her fucking ass.

Has a linesman ever reacted to abuse from a player? I would pay to see
someone turn round to McEnroe and tell him to fuck himself ...

John P

Sep 14, 2009, 12:15:35 AM9/14/09
pofessor wrote:

"All the replays I have seen are largely inconclusive, therefore it was
a bad call."

no, that all the (poor angle) replays you have seen are "largely
inconclusive" doesn't mean it was a bad call, it just means that all the
(poor angle) replays you have seen are "largely inconclusive" to viewers
of those replays, which has no bearing whatsoever on whether it was a
good or bad call by the line judge (again, that's LINE JUDGE) who had a
much better view.

Superdave

Sep 14, 2009, 12:43:54 AM9/14/09

that's right John. people who are in the dark in the back seat have no
business driving the car or criticizing the driver.

chubby00

Sep 14, 2009, 12:49:55 AM9/14/09
On Sep 13, 1:18 am, "Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger,

Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus
Meridius." <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
> Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
> unfolded. Especially calling a foot-fault at such a critical stage of
> the match, you should be 200% certain.
>
> Of course, Serena over-reacted, but in the context it was
> understandable.
>
> Serena was correct to be pissed.

the level of your moronishness grows and grows...

Big Benz

Sep 14, 2009, 2:28:01 AM9/14/09
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 00:15:35 -0400, JT...@webtv.net (John P) wrote:

Neither one of those players were serve and volleyers. So even if they
were foot faulting what difference would it make?

Why didn't the judge call them at the beginning of the match instead
of waiting until the point of high intensity and when the player was
intensely focusing on not losing the next two points.

Other than Venus and Serena, what other players in televised matches
were called for foot faults?

This reeks of Racial bias all the way from the line judge to the very
top of Tennis. This type of biased referring is going to destroy the
game of Tennis.

Serena didn't throw the first punch. The goofy looking line judge did.
Serena was startled and she reacted in self defense.

I've seen Mcenroe holler and scream at umpires in a much more violent
way than Serena did, and they weren't defaulted. I'm sure you all if
you are true Tennis people have seen many players behave worse than
Serena and get away scot free. Lie to yourselves all you want, it is
only your mind you are destroying; not mine. The fix was in on this
one, and time will prove it.

DC

Sep 14, 2009, 4:17:23 AM9/14/09
Big Benz said the following on 14/09/2009 2:28 PM:
<removed inappropriate groups>

> Neither one of those players were serve and volleyers. So even if they
> were foot faulting what difference would it make?

In that case, why didn't Ms Williams stand a little further behind the
baseline when serving?

> Why didn't the judge call them at the beginning of the match instead
> of waiting until the point of high intensity and when the player was
> intensely focusing on not losing the next two points.

Perhaps she didn't foot fault earlier in the match.

> Other than Venus and Serena, what other players in televised matches
> were called for foot faults?
>
> This reeks of Racial bias all the way from the line judge to the very
> top of Tennis. This type of biased referring is going to destroy the
> game of Tennis.

No it doesn't. The line judge saw an infringement and acted as she was
required to do. It was Ms Williams who cost herself the game.

> Serena didn't throw the first punch. The goofy looking line judge did.
> Serena was startled and she reacted in self defense.

Rubbish.

> I've seen Mcenroe holler and scream at umpires in a much more violent
> way than Serena did, and they weren't defaulted. I'm sure you all if
> you are true Tennis people have seen many players behave worse than
> Serena and get away scot free. Lie to yourselves all you want, it is
> only your mind you are destroying; not mine. The fix was in on this
> one, and time will prove it.

Ms Williams behaved in a totally inappropriate manner. As for Mr
McEnroe, he received a warning for intimidating a line judge in the 1990
Australian Open and was later disqualified in the same match for a third
code violation. So, the treatment of Ms Williams in the 2009 US Open is
entirely consistent with the treatment of Mr McEnroe in the 1990
Australian Open.

Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Sep 14, 2009, 4:45:57 AM9/14/09

I was speaking to someone I know today who did a line-judging course,
and has done line-judging at a couple of the bigger challengers in the
UK. They said that in training they were told that one of the worst
things they could do was call a foot-fault late-on in a match, if they
hadn't been making similar calls earlier on in said match.

Richard Eich

Sep 14, 2009, 5:14:34 AM9/14/09
fulfi...@charter.net wrote...

> Why didn't the judge call them at the beginning of the match instead
> of waiting until the point of high intensity and when the player was
> intensely focusing on not losing the next two points.

She WAS called earlier for FF. Maybe the lack of calls has something
to do with THERE NOT BEING ANY until they were called.

The exact position the line judges take changes on the changeover.
That judge may have not been calling the back baseline for the entire
match.

--
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that
you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

DavidW

Sep 14, 2009, 5:35:57 AM9/14/09

Very sensible advice, but totally lost on selectively pedantic RST.

Superdave

Sep 14, 2009, 6:25:21 AM9/14/09
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:35:57 +1000, "DavidW" <n...@email.provided>
wrote:

BUT she DID also call Serena for it earlier in the match and the
arrogant cunt masquerading as a water buffalo obviously didn't give a
shit. she got what she deserved.

Sakari Lund

Sep 14, 2009, 9:01:15 AM9/14/09
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 01:18:49 -0700 (PDT), "Professor X - Murray Will

Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator &
Maximus Decimus Meridius." <suebo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.

>Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
>unfolded. Especially calling a foot-fault at such a critical stage of
>the match, you should be 200% certain.
>
>Of course, Serena over-reacted, but in the context it was
>understandable.
>
>Serena was correct to be pissed.

The stupid thing is that all the talk is about the incident, while Kim
was the better player and had two match points already.

Wikking

Sep 14, 2009, 10:03:35 AM9/14/09

Serena should have been subject to immediate suspension pending
review. I hope the crowd at the doubles final gives her a hot
reception today. This soccer hooligan behavior from a champion like
Serena brings tennis into ill-repute.

Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Sep 14, 2009, 10:19:58 AM9/14/09
On Sep 14, 3:03 pm, Wikking <Wik.Ki...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Sakari Lund wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 01:18:49 -0700 (PDT), "Professor X - Murray Will
> > Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator &
> > Maximus Decimus Meridius." <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
> >> Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
> >> unfolded. Especially calling a foot-fault at such a critical stage of
> >> the match, you should be 200% certain.
>
> >> Of course, Serena over-reacted, but in the context it was
> >> understandable.
>
> >> Serena was correct to be pissed.
>
> > The stupid thing is that all the talk is about the incident, while Kim
> > was the better player and had two match points already.
>
> I hope the crowd at the doubles final gives her a hot
> reception today. This soccer hooligan behavior from a champion like
> Serena brings tennis into ill-repute.

So Serena shouldn't behave like a hooligan, and yet you want the fans
to behave like hooligans towards Serena? :-)

Big Benz

Sep 14, 2009, 10:22:23 AM9/14/09
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:17:23 +0800, DC <us...@nospam.net> wrote:

>Big Benz said the following on 14/09/2009 2:28 PM:
><removed inappropriate groups>
>> Neither one of those players were serve and volleyers. So even if they
>> were foot faulting what difference would it make?
>
>In that case, why didn't Ms Williams stand a little further behind the
>baseline when serving?

Why should she have? she hadn't been called for a foot fault before.
She saw where she was standing. She had been standing in that spot and
serving like that for over ten years without people foot faulting her.
Do you think her WHITE coaches and hitting partners would have allowed
her to serve in a way that was against the rules all these years?

Plus she had seen how they were picking on Venus a round or so
earlier. These two women were both #1's. They aren't idiots like you
all. They are both well mannered, pleasant girls on and off court;
unlike many of the White players.

>> Why didn't the judge call them at the beginning of the match instead
>> of waiting until the point of high intensity and when the player was
>> intensely focusing on not losing the next two points.
>
>Perhaps she didn't foot fault earlier in the match.

EXACTLY!! So why start at the most intense part of the match?

>> Other than Venus and Serena, what other players in televised matches
>> were called for foot faults?
>>
>> This reeks of Racial bias all the way from the line judge to the very
>> top of Tennis. This type of biased referring is going to destroy the
>> game of Tennis.
>
>No it doesn't. The line judge saw an infringement and acted as she was
>required to do. It was Ms Williams who cost herself the game.
>
>> Serena didn't throw the first punch. The goofy looking line judge did.
>> Serena was startled and she reacted in self defense.
>
>Rubbish.

And you are a racist psychopath. so are those who agree with you, and
I pray that Satan burns your arses in HELL for eternity and more!!

>> I've seen Mcenroe holler and scream at umpires in a much more violent
>> way than Serena did, and they weren't defaulted. I'm sure you all if
>> you are true Tennis people have seen many players behave worse than
>> Serena and get away scot free. Lie to yourselves all you want, it is
>> only your mind you are destroying; not mine. The fix was in on this
>> one, and time will prove it.
>
>Ms Williams behaved in a totally inappropriate manner.

Perhaps so, but you Caucasian savages are not dealing with who started
the incident? The Line judge did.

I'm sure some of the Black people in Tennis, or the few decent Whites
who are higher ups will take a close look at how ALL the players
served this year, and they will discover that many of them were foot
faulting and not being called on it.

Then Richard can file a one Billion dollar lawsuit against the Tennis
association and recoup their losses, and more importantly money for
the pain and suffering that has been caused this wonderful family.

As for Mr
>McEnroe, he received a warning for intimidating a line judge in the 1990
>Australian Open and was later disqualified in the same match for a third
>code violation. So, the treatment of Ms Williams in the 2009 US Open is
>entirely consistent with the treatment of Mr McEnroe in the 1990
>Australian Open.

Like I said before 99% of you critters here including those with
degree are racist psychopaths, and should be sent back to where you
came from permanently. You are to filthy minded to live in this
beautiful country. I'm going to start a drive to exile all of you to
Finland with those clowns over there! :-)

Wikking

Sep 14, 2009, 10:21:22 AM9/14/09
Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,

Only if, in your fevered imagination, booing a player for atrocious
behavior is "hooliganism".

Wikking

Sep 14, 2009, 10:22:19 AM9/14/09
Big Benz wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:17:23 +0800, DC <us...@nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> Big Benz said the following on 14/09/2009 2:28 PM:
>> <removed inappropriate groups>
>>> Neither one of those players were serve and volleyers. So even if they
>>> were foot faulting what difference would it make?
>> In that case, why didn't Ms Williams stand a little further behind the
>> baseline when serving?
>
> Why should she have? she hadn't been called for a foot fault before.

It was her 3rd for the tournament.

Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus, Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius.

Sep 14, 2009, 10:27:07 AM9/14/09

You said a "I hope the crowd today gives Serena ahot reception" that
could mean anything. You didn't just say "boo." And even then that's
more akin to Soccer than Tennis.

Big Benz

Sep 14, 2009, 10:52:10 AM9/14/09
On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:14:34 GMT, Richard Eich
<richar...@domain.invalid> wrote:

>fulfi...@charter.net wrote...
>
>> Why didn't the judge call them at the beginning of the match instead
>> of waiting until the point of high intensity and when the player was
>> intensely focusing on not losing the next two points.
>
>She WAS called earlier for FF. Maybe the lack of calls has something
>to do with THERE NOT BEING ANY until they were called.
>
>The exact position the line judges take changes on the changeover.
>That judge may have not been calling the back baseline for the entire
>match.

Maybe, but a decent minded person would not have called one against
any player at that point in the match unless they leaped halfway to
the net! :-0 Like Sampras, Becker, or Mcenroe might have done. :-)
You all evidently were raised with out any ethics.

You can be right, and still be immoral, and unethical.

May Satan take all of you who are against her. GOD surely doesn't want
such race haters.

Don't you people realize that ALL the important people in the bible
are BLACK? :-)

Take a listen to this White man reading a few passages from the KJOV
of the bible about Moses having an ETHIOPIAN, BLACK African wife. Now
if GODS right hand man had a Black wife, obviously GOD was fond of
black people. As a believer, I think GOD has more information about
Tennis, and everything else that you or anyone walking on this planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUXPP0xxgVA

Pictures of Ethiopians:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=ethiopian+women&gbv=2&aq=4&oq=ethio&aqi=g10

Now if you are logical enough, go figure the implications of this!!

DC

Sep 14, 2009, 10:48:12 AM9/14/09
Big Benz said the following on 14/09/2009 10:22 PM:

> Why should she have? she hadn't been called for a foot fault before.

Yes she had. It was her second of the match. As Ms Williams stated in
her press conference, she had also been called earlier in the tournament.

> She saw where she was standing. She had been standing in that spot and
> serving like that for over ten years without people foot faulting her.
> Do you think her WHITE coaches and hitting partners would have allowed
> her to serve in a way that was against the rules all these years?

Lots of players commit foot faults. They are trying to get every
advantage they can get, and sometimes they get too close to the line.

In any case, Ms Williams seemed to be having problems with her serve in
this match. It wasn't to her normal, exceptional, standard.

> Plus she had seen how they were picking on Venus a round or so
> earlier. These two women were both #1's. They aren't idiots like you
> all. They are both well mannered, pleasant girls on and off court;
> unlike many of the White players.

How nice they are off the court has no bearing on whether she foot
faulted. In any case, from what I understand Serena is a bit of a
spoiled brat (according to Venus). In any case, Venus does seem a very
nice person.

> EXACTLY!! So why start at the most intense part of the match?

She was called earlier in the match. So, why take the change of a foot
fault at such a critical point in the match?

> And you are a racist psychopath. so are those who agree with you, and
> I pray that Satan burns your arses in HELL for eternity and more!!

Arses? Do I have more than one?

> I'm sure some of the Black people in Tennis, or the few decent Whites
> who are higher ups will take a close look at how ALL the players
> served this year, and they will discover that many of them were foot
> faulting and not being called on it.

Why are you so preoccupied with race and colour?

> Like I said before 99% of you critters here including those with
> degree are racist psychopaths, and should be sent back to where you

Do you have something against people who are educated?

> came from permanently. You are to filthy minded to live in this
> beautiful country. I'm going to start a drive to exile all of you to

While I live in a beautiful country, I doubt that it's the country you
live in. Anyway, that's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Wikking

Sep 14, 2009, 11:07:20 AM9/14/09

That's precisely what her behavior was to earn those boos and the
situation that she now finds herself in.

--

}(:

It is clear that the "Birthers", "Teabaggers", politicians and media
hosts or pundits that purvey messages of resistance, insurrection and
don't want their kids to go to school to hear the words of the POTUS
have become the dupes and stooges of foreign intelligence services
that wish to see the US destabilized by a bunch of fools - they must
be laughing their heads off at these wingnuts who are so ready to be
their pawns...

Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Sep 14, 2009, 11:10:22 AM9/14/09
Big Benz wrote:

> Maybe, but a decent minded person would not have called one against
> any player at that point in the match unless they leaped halfway to
> the net! :-0

So, what you're actually saying is that line judge should cheat so Serena
could gain and advantage, even if she did foot fault? Is that what you
mean?

You're about as sharp as a bowling ball there buddy.

Rodjk #613

Sep 14, 2009, 11:13:23 AM9/14/09
On Sep 13, 7:05 am, TT <gol...@ilbuono.net> wrote:
> Paul wrote:

> > On Sep 13, 4:40 am, TT <gol...@ilbuono.net> wrote:
> >> Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,

> >> It was a foot fault. But I agree it shouldn't be called at such moment.
>
> >> Practically gifted the match to kim.
>
> >         NOT CALLED AT THAT MOMENT??!!!   BULLSHIT!!!
>
> Yes, I agree, it's bullshit.
>

> >         THEN WHY NOT LET THE PLAYERS SERVE UP
> > AT THE NET AT CRITICAL POINTS?
>
> As Javier? said it's likely 95% of footfaults are not called anyway, so
> calling it at this moment is bad judgement, although by the book.

I doubt that 95% of foot faults are not called.
But even if that were the case, the problem is the one that are not
called, not the ones that are.

Rodjk #613

> --
> "If I was 7-13 against Andre it would be hard to say I was the best of
> my generation"

Wikking

Sep 14, 2009, 11:18:08 AM9/14/09
Rodjk #613 wrote:
> On Sep 13, 7:05 am, TT <gol...@ilbuono.net> wrote:
>> Paul wrote:
>>> NOT CALLED AT THAT MOMENT??!!! BULLSHIT!!!
>> Yes, I agree, it's bullshit.
>>

>>> THEN WHY NOT LET THE PLAYERS SERVE UP
>>> AT THE NET AT CRITICAL POINTS?
>> As Javier? said it's likely 95% of footfaults are not called anyway, so
>> calling it at this moment is bad judgement, although by the book.
>
> I doubt that 95% of foot faults are not called.
> But even if that were the case, the problem is the one that are not
> called, not the ones that are.

None of which excuses Serena's behavior. She should be fined a big
chunk of money and suspended. $10k is chump change for her and she
needs to get the message that this sort of thuggish behavior will not
be tolerated.

John P

Sep 14, 2009, 11:59:13 PM9/14/09
benz asks:

"Why didn't the judge call [footfaults] at the beginning of the match"

um, presumably because there weren't any footfaults at the beginning of
the match.

indeed, benz continues:

"instead of waiting until the point of high intensity and when the

player was intensely focusing on not losing the next two points?"

um, you've kind of answered your own question - perhaps the player
committed the foot fault at the "point of high intensity" precisely
because she was "focusing on not losing the next two points."

Calimero

Sep 16, 2009, 6:53:34 PM9/16/09
On 13 Sep., 11:41, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,
> Gandalf, The Terminator & Maximus Decimus Meridius. wrote:
>
> > It should never have been called a 'foot-fault' in the first place.
> > Had she done her job properly none of the subsequent events would have
> > unfolded. Especially calling a foot-fault at such a critical stage of
> > the match, you should be 200% certain.
>
> > Of course, Serena over-reacted, but in the context it was
> > understandable.
>
> > Serena was correct to be pissed.
>
> No excuse for what Serena did.  The time to put Kim away was well before
> that point.  If she couldn't do it then it comes down to luck whether
> you get out of that situation.
>
> Women's tennis has never been this low in quality.  the fact Kim can
> come back & beat both sistas tells you what a joke the absolute level
> is.  Grafwoulda won 40 slams had she kept playing.

Yes, pity that Steffi wasn't a lesbian ...

Max

Quincy

Sep 16, 2009, 7:02:07 PM9/16/09

She wasn't? And now?

> Max

DISCUSS!

Calimero

Sep 17, 2009, 7:58:27 AM9/17/09
On 17 Sep., 01:02, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:
> On 17 Sep., 00:53, Calimero <calimero...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

> > On 13 Sep., 11:41, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > Professor X - Murray Will Come Back Stronger, Like Rocky, E.T, Jesus,

> > > No excuse for whatSerenadid.  The time to put Kim away was well before

> > > that point.  If she couldn't do it then it comes down to luck whether
> > > you get out of that situation.
>
> > > Women's tennis has never been this low in quality.  the fact Kim can
> > > come back & beat both sistas tells you what a joke the absolute level
> > > is.  Grafwoulda won 40 slams had she kept playing.
>
> > Yes, pity that Steffi wasn't a lesbian ...
>
> She wasn't?

Obviously not.

> And now?

No relevance to the question whether she might have continued her
career in 1999.

Max